It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rule the stars your way.

<span class="bold">Star Ruler 2</span>, a near-infinite space 4X-RTS hybrid, is available now for Windows and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Star Ruler 2</span> is the sequel to 2010 supremely ambitious space 4X-RTS hybrid. It was a game that featured nearly limitless galaxies with thousands of systems, bound only by the capabilities of the PC you played it on. The massive 4X returns now better than ever. It seeks to revolutionise the genre with its fresh take on tired gameplay elements, that includes Diplomacy which ties into all of the game's mechanics, affecting the state of the universe in meaningful ways. A complex galactic economy, custom ship designs, intricate research mechanics, and full modability grant <span class="bold">Star Ruler 2</span> the potential to become the next timeless space 4X! You can find more interesting tidbits on the unique design choices in the game in the official developer diaries.

Rule the stars through force, politics, or just buy it all out. A limitless galaxy of choice in <span class="bold">Star Ruler 2</span> - available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Good release.
high rated
Martek: Yep. You can also accelerate or decelerate the flow of time to as little as 1/8th normal or as much as 10x normal rate.

IAmSinistar: The hardware requirements are fairly minimal - StarFlare (the in-house engine the game is made on) - does most of the work for you though scenes like the one you're looking at are taxing. It was taken more for spectacle than what you're liable to see in most games. (Unless of course you're playing around in the Designs Sandbox in which case you can spawn as many ships as you feel like)

Requirements:
Processor: SSE2 Capable processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD or Nvidia Graphics card w/ 512MB RAM, OpenGL 2.1 Support
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 600 MB available space
Additional Notes: Hardware requirements not final. Broadband required for internet play.

Also, howdy everybody. I'm one of the three developers of the game. Decided I'd drop by and make myself available for questions, comments, and suggestions. Feel free to join us in the in-game IRC as well - I and Lucas are on most days from 10AM to 10PM CST. Nice to meet you all!
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Firgof
That's a nice site you linked there. Don't mind if I do!

Thank you. +1
Rodor: I hope mighty GOG won't be too angry if I post a little link for all space games lovers:

http://www.spacesector.com/
Would be nice to see some of those games here. Satellite Reign reminds me of Shadowrun (that's a good thing).
tinyE: I thought so too but the file isn't that big. I wonder if it's a lot of high end effects for teeny tiny game.
IAmSinistar: I think it's more the likely graphical requirements that my PC may not be up to. I can imagine scenes like this one running in "slideshow mode" for me. That's one frame (or less) per second. :)
Actually recommended graphical requierements are quite low (gtx 460). Even recommended cpu is low end at the moment (i7 equivalent of AMD Phenom II).
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Matruchus
Firgof: Martek: Yep. You can also accelerate or decelerate the flow of time to as little as 1/8th normal or as much as 10x normal rate.

IAmSinistar: The hardware requirements are fairly minimal - StarFlare (the in-house engine the game is made on) - does most of the work for you though scenes like the one you're looking at are taxing. It was taken more for spectacle than what you're liable to see in most games. (Unless of course you're playing around in the Designs Sandbox in which case you can spawn as many ships as you feel like)

Requirements:
Processor: SSE2 Capable processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD or Nvidia Graphics card w/ 512MB RAM, OpenGL 2.1 Support
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 600 MB available space
Additional Notes: Hardware requirements not final. Broadband required for internet play.

Also, howdy everybody. I'm one of the three developers of the game. Decided I'd drop by and make myself available for questions, comments, and suggestions. Feel free to join us in the in-game IRC as well - I and Lucas are on most days from 10AM to 10PM CST. Nice to meet you all!
I asked this earlier in the thread, but is the first game coming to GOG as well?
deshadow52: I asked this earlier in the thread, but is the first game coming to GOG as well?
Not sure. I'll ask my boss when he wakes up if there are any plans in the works.

Edit: Unfortunately, he says it's doubtful.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Firgof
deshadow52: I asked this earlier in the thread, but is the first game coming to GOG as well?
Firgof: Not sure. I'll ask my boss when he wakes up if there are any plans in the works.

Edit: Unfortunately, he says it's doubtful.
That's a shame. :(
Firgof: IAmSinistar: The hardware requirements are fairly minimal - StarFlare (the in-house engine the game is made on) - does most of the work for you though scenes like the one you're looking at are taxing. It was taken more for spectacle than what you're liable to see in most games. (Unless of course you're playing around in the Designs Sandbox in which case you can spawn as many ships as you feel like)
Thanks for the info! And also for stopping in. Always good to see the devs here. :)

EDIT: Incidentally, my PC has an AMD Radeon HD 6550D integrated GPU. Probably not very flashy, though I did run the first Witcher without much problem.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by IAmSinistar
WOW @Shot #7, these are MANY lasers...
...anyways, nice to see that one up here!
IAmSinistar: EDIT: Incidentally, my PC has an AMD Radeon HD 6550D integrated GPU. Probably not very flashy, though I did run the first Witcher without much problem.
Ah, that brings up an important little point. If you haven't updated your AMD drivers in a while, you'll want to for SR2. Older drivers from AMD will crash the game on load - if you update the game will run fine.
Firgof: Ah, that brings up an important little point. If you haven't updated your AMD drivers in a while, you'll want to for SR2. Older drivers from AMD will crash the game on load - if you update the game will run fine.
Thanks for the info, my drivers seem quite out of date, so I'm getting the latest Catalyst set from AMD.

Do you think that otherwise my GPU will handle the game?
I think that my wish for this game in the community wishlist can now be listed as completed.

Wish: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/star_ruler_2
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Matruchus
seems nice, thanks
Matruchus: I think that my wish for this game in the community wishlist can now be listed as completed.

Wish: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/star_ruler_2
Fixed :P