It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rule the stars your way.

<span class="bold">Star Ruler 2</span>, a near-infinite space 4X-RTS hybrid, is available now for Windows and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Star Ruler 2</span> is the sequel to 2010 supremely ambitious space 4X-RTS hybrid. It was a game that featured nearly limitless galaxies with thousands of systems, bound only by the capabilities of the PC you played it on. The massive 4X returns now better than ever. It seeks to revolutionise the genre with its fresh take on tired gameplay elements, that includes Diplomacy which ties into all of the game's mechanics, affecting the state of the universe in meaningful ways. A complex galactic economy, custom ship designs, intricate research mechanics, and full modability grant <span class="bold">Star Ruler 2</span> the potential to become the next timeless space 4X! You can find more interesting tidbits on the unique design choices in the game in the official developer diaries.

Rule the stars through force, politics, or just buy it all out. A limitless galaxy of choice in <span class="bold">Star Ruler 2</span> - available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Nice release! Looks like a fine game - I enjoy Sins of a Solar Empire very much so I guess I would enjoy this one too! I'll have to make a little research though and see how does it compare to SoaSE..

And everytime I see a space release, my mind goes to *ahem* Homeworld.. ahhh nevermind...

JinseiNGC224: Until Stardock accepts non-Steam and DRM-free for more than just Galactic Civ 1 this will do nicely :)
The Trinity retail edition is DRM-Free! ;-)
Nice surprise release!
Silverhawk170485: No Mac Version but a Linux Version? Very strange ...
Not so strange. I believe many developers may prefer to offer support for Windows and (let's say) Ubuntu than for Mac. Mac has a lower market share unless you sell yourself into the Apple App Store, which means you need to pay attention to Apple fuck up new versions and such. Also, Mac users are not known to be gamers at all, a gaming Mac would cost you 100% more than a PC, something that obviously makes the gamer community to stay in Windows.

If I were developing a game in a future I would clearly let Mac out of the compatibility mix. Linux gives more money and, on a "distro-only" kind of support is easier to maintain, since gnu/linux users are usually more open to find a fix for themselves on their systems.
That's my opinion, at least.
Yay, but too expensive atm...
Awesome release!
So what about the first game? Will we get it too?
I hope mighty GOG won't be too angry if I post a little link for all space games lovers:

http://www.spacesector.com/
Nice, is it possible to get the first one down the line as well so the collection can be complete?
Post edited April 01, 2015 by deshadow52
Another awesome 4x release. The first game was a really good game and I was really looking forward to the sequel. Wishlisting for now but will definitely buy when I can.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Matruchus
Looks great, and I'm always up for a good Homeworld-style game. However, some of those screenshots seem to indicate this one will have to wait for my next computer.
XYCat: How come gog is not trollin' today? It's april fool's.
Seems like volunteers have decided to troll the forums their own way, new threads been popping up since this morning :P

I'm surprised to see a game released as Windows + Linux with no Mac. Linux usually gets the shortest end of the stick.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Ganni1987
Looking forward to Judas' hype. ;)
IAmSinistar: Looks great, and I'm always up for a good Homeworld-style game. However, some of those screenshots seem to indicate this one will have to wait for my next computer.
I thought so too but the file isn't that big. I wonder if it's a lot of high end effects for teeny tiny game.
tinyE: I thought so too but the file isn't that big. I wonder if it's a lot of high end effects for teeny tiny game.
I think it's more the likely graphical requirements that my PC may not be up to. I can imagine scenes like this one running in "slideshow mode" for me. That's one frame (or less) per second. :)
Pausable with give orders while paused?