It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The marvels of evolution.

<span class="bold">SPORE&trade;</span>, an organic playground of custom-made creations, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 60% launch discount.

At what stage does a living organism start taking its shape, absorbing influences from its environment, its parents, or its peers? For these SPORE™s it happens during their very conception when you get to decide their characteristics and traits, then see them grow from Cells, to Creatures, to an entire Tribe, to a glorious Civilization, and eventually a Space-faring people. Apart from your virtual offspring themselves, you will also get to design their vehicles and buildings, as well as determine all aspects of their eventful lives. And eventful they will be, because when you start exploring the universe, other species might try to befriend or fight your guys for intergalactic supremacy. It's a wonderful journey that begins with the versatile creation tool, but the decisions you make along the way will determine how, where, or even when it will end.

Create your own unique species and spread their influence across the galaxy with <span class="bold">SPORE&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 60% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/n49CtKgwGGg
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
pinta_vodki: Wait, no Mac release? =(

Back in the day Spore was in all the Mac stores as a showcase of Mac gaming! Why not now?
Fads change over time. Now PCs are all the rave! :)
Niggles: cheers.

anyone got links to the post(s) about this?.
Loger13: Yep.

It's here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future_part_2/post3811
Links don't work now, but for today, many of the games on the list is already here (Including Mirror's Edge and Saboteur from this EA 3-pack).
Many thanks for that!!
I see our account gives us serial keys one for each product. I gather these are not needed to install and only needed if we want the online features for each yes ? Or are these keys needed for install ?

[EDIT: Scrub the question, I saw when I clicked on the link here on GoG it explains how you need the three serial keys for the online use on the EA website]

Fantastic to have this title here. I bought the Galactic Pack at the time, the game did not last more than the weekend on my hard drive as I got bored with it as the later stages had little to do sadly.

Looking forward to more DRM FREE EA titles. The original Sims would be good and even Sims 2. Also SimCity 5 would be good....a fully OFFLINE and DRM free version :)
Post edited September 24, 2016 by styggron
One recurring bummer, is that I've bought various games on crazy discount sales in the past for Steam either on Steam directly, or more usually on one of the bundle sites, or Amazon or another authorized Steam reseller. The prices were just too good to pass up and most of the games seemed like they were the kind of game that would never come to GOG for eons...

... but... over time quite a number of them have showed up here. Talk about mixed feelings! Glad to see them show up here, but a bit bummed out I didn't wait it out. Nowadays though I am buying less frequently and much more selective and less whimsical when it comes to non-GOG game buys.

I think GOG should expand GOG Connect with a sub-feature "GOG Connect Wishlist" which automatically reads your Steam wishlist if you activate GOG Connect, and any game on your Steam wishlist it automatically adds your vote to for the GOG community wishlist. Maybe that would help to bring more attention to games to come here sooner rather than later. :)
Hmm on two minds on this one. I like the discount (even on full price), compared to US $40.17 bundle price the GOG AUD $29.99 when not on discount and AUD $11.99 on the current discount, but I don't think I'd get much out of the game. Reading discussions about it being shallow. Might be why I never bought on steam.

--- ok bought it just so I can eliminate any temptation to get this on steam.
Post edited September 24, 2016 by deonast
Excellent! Everything is going according to plan. Can't wait for it to be on sale for US$2.99!
noncompliantgame: Excellent! Everything is going according to plan. Can't wait for it to be on sale for US$2.99!
Yeah, that probably wont happen for 10+ years unfortunately. :) It might hit $4-5 during a seasonal promo within a year or two perhaps though. I'm probably going to wait for a 75%+ off promo myself, or at least until I clear out some of my backlog first. :)
noncompliantgame: Excellent! Everything is going according to plan. Can't wait for it to be on sale for US$2.99!
skeletonbow: Yeah, that probably wont happen for 10+ years unfortunately. :) It might hit $4-5 during a seasonal promo within a year or two perhaps though. I'm probably going to wait for a 75%+ off promo myself, or at least until I clear out some of my backlog first. :)
Ah yes, the backlog.
Any chance of a Darkspore release ?
Painted_Doll: Any chance of a Darkspore release ?
Nope. It was an online game. The servers have been shut down and it is no longer playable. There was no offline version; thus no server, no game. Darkspore is dead and buried. It won't be coming back.
deleted
Anyone else having this game freeze unexpectedly and then refuse to unfreeze?

It happened twice to me in just a few hours of play.
deleted
Fairfox: +1 to teh release here! HOWEVER, I want EA to release teh latest Peggle game(s), tho; nobody talks about it because of teh AAA titles but I really <3 Peggle and want that nu one on GOGie! I act. want teh complete Peggle pack on GOGie. Make it happen? <3

<3

Also! Not liking Spore verrr much so far :/. It's, like, less than teh sum of its parts; each section is just short 'n' boring and doesn't feel cohesive.
Don't bother playing the first four parts. It's exactly like you say and just utter crap. Fortunately you can start at the space stage straight off. That's where you should begin and where you should stay. It accomplished more of No Man's Sky goals than NMS ever did. It's pretty damn good if you ask me.

If they made Spore just about the space stage - I suspect it would've fared much better than it originally did.
Great!!! Now all I have to do is to wait for this to end up on GOGConnect :D

Thanks GOG!!