It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mummy issues.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 34% discount until November 17, 1PM UTC.
This action/adventure from 2003 starring the intrepid Egyptian hero comes to the PC for the first time, sporting high-resolution support, HD textures, a proper mouse + keyboard control scheme, and certain visual improvements. Bring your wits, your reflexes, and your sidekick The Mummy along, as you journey to ancient Egypt for an explosive showdown with mythical beasts and feisty gods.

For some groovy beats, get the game's Soundtrack 20% off.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by maladr0Id
I was looking up gameplay for this game literally an hour ago for the first time, and now suddenly it's on GOG, what the fuck lol
Looks really nice (stop releasing so many games GOG I am dying here ;)). However I was wondering why the trailer including the shown gameplay seems to be letterboxed. Is this an old game? Can you run it in 1080p?
high rated
Wohoo - another classic jewel from the past is now available on GOG :) Enjoy and have a great weekend in advance!
MarkoH01: Looks really nice (stop releasing so many games GOG I am dying here ;)). However I was wondering why the trailer including the shown gameplay seems to be letterboxed. Is this an old game? Can you run it in 1080p?
It's an old game (2003) that's been remastered and released on PC for the first time :)
MarkoH01: Looks really nice (stop releasing so many games GOG I am dying here ;)). However I was wondering why the trailer including the shown gameplay seems to be letterboxed. Is this an old game? Can you run it in 1080p?
JudasIscariot: It's an old game (2003) that's been remastered and released on PC for the first time :)
Thank you, Judas. So does "remastered" mean that you can play it in 1080p normally or does it only run letterboxed with bars all around like shown in the trailer?
A ported console game?
I think today is the 14th anniversary of the original game.
JudasIscariot: ... It's an old game (2003) that's been remastered and released on PC for the first time :)
Maybe that information should be part of the gamecard page here. Either in the game description or in the game details.

Anyway, old adventure. I'm all for it.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by Trilarion
Hmmm, might have to have a look at this at some point :)

I love seeing classic titles from the early 2000's being re-released on GOG, gives me hope of eventually being able to play heaps of games from my childhood.

Still waiting for any news on Black and White haha

Regardless, yeah, Sphinx looks neat :P
ThomNG: Wohoo - another classic jewel from the past is now available on GOG :) Enjoy and have a great weekend in advance!
Thanks for the release. And while you are here could you please ask someone if it would be possible to add the original Darksiders II version to the Deathinitive Edition as bonus?
ThomNG: Wohoo - another classic jewel from the past is now available on GOG :) Enjoy and have a great weekend in advance!
You guys are the best bros for GOG ever.
Thank you soo much THQ Nordic and GOG.Was waiting for this game to come here since i saw a mention on your homepage ;).Cheers
Could somebody please tell me if this game is running in 1080p "fullscreen" or only letterboxed? The trailer makes the impression that 16:9 is only supported letterboxed and it's part of my decision to buy the game.
MarkoH01: Could somebody please tell me if this game is running in 1080p "fullscreen" or only letterboxed? The trailer makes the impression that 16:9 is only supported letterboxed and it's part of my decision to buy the game.
Maybe this article is the answer you are looking for:

Support for arbitrary resolutions and widescreen

OK GOG , just take my money for the mummy.
And thanks to THQ Nordic <3
Post edited November 10, 2017 by gixgox
MarkoH01: Could somebody please tell me if this game is running in 1080p "fullscreen" or only letterboxed? The trailer makes the impression that 16:9 is only supported letterboxed and it's part of my decision to buy the game.
gixgox: Maybe this article is the answer you are looking for:
Is the article in spoiler tags? Oh wait ... we don't have any ;)
Thanks for editing - will check it out.

Edit: So according to the article:
"Support for arbitrary resolutions and widescreen (HD, 4K and beyond), native multi-sampling anti-aliasing (MSAA) and anisotropic filtering (AF) for crisp details at 60 frames per second."

Should it should be supported natively without letterbox bars. Well ... I guess I will buy then but if it really has 1080p support I strongly suggest to change the gameplay trailer since it is confusing.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by MarkoH01