It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mummy issues.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 34% discount until November 17, 1PM UTC.
This action/adventure from 2003 starring the intrepid Egyptian hero comes to the PC for the first time, sporting high-resolution support, HD textures, a proper mouse + keyboard control scheme, and certain visual improvements. Bring your wits, your reflexes, and your sidekick The Mummy along, as you journey to ancient Egypt for an explosive showdown with mythical beasts and feisty gods.

For some groovy beats, get the game's Soundtrack 20% off.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
MarkoH01: Could somebody please tell me if this game is running in 1080p "fullscreen" or only letterboxed? The trailer makes the impression that 16:9 is only supported letterboxed and it's part of my decision to buy the game.
Does this answer your question? :)
gixgox: Maybe this article is the answer you are looking for:
MarkoH01: Is the article in spoiler tags? Oh wait ... we don't have any ;)
Thanks for editing - will check it out.
Sorry, my mouse had a hiccup.
MarkoH01: Could somebody please tell me if this game is running in 1080p "fullscreen" or only letterboxed? The trailer makes the impression that 16:9 is only supported letterboxed and it's part of my decision to buy the game.
JudasIscariot: Does this answer your question? :)
Yes! It does - thank you. My suggestion regarding the trailer still stands though. People might think the game runs letterboxed only based on the trailer.
MarkoH01: Is the article in spoiler tags? Oh wait ... we don't have any ;)
Thanks for editing - will check it out.
gixgox: Sorry, my mouse had a hiccup.
Try to scare her - this should help with hiccups :D

Edit: And bought.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by MarkoH01
This is a big surprise. I saw the release and thought "I don't recall this being on PC," and now I see why I didn't.
Ha! YES! Never played before, looks like another gem that gets polished and released here!

Triple A; schmiple Nay, thanks gog/**THQ Nordic!

**(From the magnificent realm of the indie developers)
ThomNG: Wohoo - another classic jewel from the past is now available on GOG :) Enjoy and have a great weekend in advance!
Great. Big thx. But can you tell us the next "classic jewel" that you will release here??
Nice. I remember wanting to play this on the Gamecube but never got the chance. Wishlisted for now but I'll pick it up sooner or later. Thanks THQ Nordic and GOG.
ThomNG: Wohoo - another classic jewel from the past is now available on GOG :) Enjoy and have a great weekend in advance!
Any ETA for the Linux version?
high rated
muntdefems: Any ETA for the Linux version?
Hey muntdefems,

We had the Linux version in our hands, but our tests indicated that some rough edges still need addressing before we will be able to release Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy to our dear penguins. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay!
muntdefems: Any ETA for the Linux version?
linuxvangog: Hey muntdefems,

We had the Linux version in our hands, but our tests indicated that some rough edges still need addressing before we will be able to release Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy to our dear penguins. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay!
Thanks! Good to know it's being worked on. :)
deleted
Just tried it a bit. It runs flawlessly (16:9 1080p no letterbox ;)) on my i5 (GTX960) and seems to be quite a lot of fun. It's strange that there is no speech in the game (since the characters are moving their mouths and text is displayed) but this seems to be normal. Only a "tiny" complaint - the text is very small and just like with Titan Quest it would be really nice to get different font sizes available in game menu. So far I could not find that option. It's still perfectly playable but just as an suggestion.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by MarkoH01
I spent years playing this game when i was a kid, on ps2. I played again 2 months ago and it's still amazing. There's a lot to do in the gameplay, not only puzzles and fighting and with the 34% discount is a must buy, unfortunately was ignored when came out, it deserve more recognition
Post edited November 10, 2017 by Xorrin
I loved this game on the Gamecube. It's one of the best action adventures of that era. Highly recommended.
Ancient Egypt has always been a favorite era of mine. This is one amazing release, so a BIG thank you to GOG and the amazing crew at THQ Nordic for not only bringing this to PC but also to, dare I say, the best gaming site/platform around! :D