It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breath of new life.

<span class="bold">SpellForce 2 Anniversary Edition</span> a cult-favorite mix of RPG/RTS in a revitalized package, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com.

By the year 2007, SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars and its expansion SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm swept across the gamersphere, garnering a cult following for its mix of RPG and RTS elements in a bold, coherent, and–most importantly–absolutely fun experience.

A decade later, SpellForce 2 Anniversary Edition is here to breathe a new life into the series with a rebuilt multiplayer experience as well as numerous gameplay and bug fixes. Combining both SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm, the Anniversary Edition is a completely free upgrade to all owners of both original products, and an affordable upgrade (67% off) if you only own the base game.
UK_John: Well I had Dragon Wars and still had to pay for the Anniversary edition. So it's not free. In fact I already had the Spellforce Platinum Edition too! Hence only not having the anniversary edition so it cost me £3.99!
There was no Spellforce 2: Dragon Wars. There was Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm. You needed to have both those games to get the Anniversary for free. From the sounds of it, it seems you only had Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars, which would net you a 67% discount. If, on the other hand, you really had both Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm, then you should contact support to fix that mistake.
Post edited April 20, 2017 by Grargar
UK_John: Well I had Dragon Wars and still had to pay for the Anniversary edition. So it's not free. In fact I already had the Spellforce Platinum Edition too! Hence only not having the anniversary edition so it cost me £3.99!
Grargar: There was no Spellforce 2: Dragon Wars. There was Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm. You needed to have both those games to get the Anniversary for free. From the sounds of it, it seems you only had Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars, which would net you a 67% discount. If, on the other hand, you really had both Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm, then you should contact support to fix that mistake.
I had Dragon Storm but not Shadow Wars., So you're right.
Grargar: There was no Spellforce 2: Dragon Wars. There was Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm. You needed to have both those games to get the Anniversary for free. From the sounds of it, it seems you only had Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars, which would net you a 67% discount. If, on the other hand, you really had both Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm, then you should contact support to fix that mistake.
Hi Grargar, any idea about waiting times for support? I sent a ticket for this issue about AE on Monday and another last Friday for a Darksiders II issue but haven't heard back. In the past I've got a reply within 1 or 2 days.
X-com: Hi Grargar, any idea about waiting times for support? I sent a ticket for this issue about AE on Monday and another last Friday for a Darksiders II issue but haven't heard back. In the past I've got a reply within 1 or 2 days.
Hello X-com.

The usual response time has been 1-3 working days for me. Just an assumption here, but are you sure you sent your ticket to the correct department?

First, go to the link below:
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Then, fill the e-mail address/subject fields below, select "game not visible on shelf/list" as the problem type and explain your problem in detail in the description field.

If you have already done all of that, my advice is to initiate a chat with one of the staff members like fables22.
Grargar: Hello X-com.

The usual response time has been 1-3 working days for me. Just an assumption here, but are you sure you sent your ticket to the correct department?

First, go to the link below:
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Then, fill the e-mail address/subject fields below, select "game not visible on shelf/list" as the problem type and explain your problem in detail in the description field.

If you have already done all of that, my advice is to initiate a chat with one of the staff members like fables22.
Alright thanks, I wrote the issue under "other issues" and under problem type "other questions" since there doesn't seem to be a "game not visible on shelf/list" problem type, do you think the options I chose were close enough for the AE upgrade issue? The few inquiries I made in the past were under the same heading and all were answered promptly so maybe they put the problem aside and forgot to come back to it or something.

I'll wait a little longer since they are not priority issues for them and they may have more important inquiries. Also might contact the staff members eventually with the exact ticket numbers.

Thanks for your help.
Post edited April 21, 2017 by X-com
X-com: Alright thanks, I wrote the issue under "other issues" and under problem type "other questions" since there doesn't seem to be a "game not visible on shelf/list" problem type, do you think the options I chose were close enough for the AE upgrade issue?
There actually is an option, but I forgot to mention that you needed to choose "Account and Website" as the type of issue (not the problem type). My bad.
X-com: The few inquiries I made in the past were under the same heading and all were answered promptly so maybe they put the problem aside and forgot to come back to it or something.
GOG staff members have mentioned from time that responses will be faster if a ticket is filed under the correct issue/department.
X-com: I'll wait a little longer since they are not priority issues for them and they may have more important inquiries. Also might contact the staff members eventually with the exact ticket numbers.
I'd recommend you get in touch with them if you don't get an answer by Monday/Tuesday. It might expedite your ticket.
Post edited April 21, 2017 by Grargar
Grargar: There actually is an option, but I forgot to mention that you needed to choose "Account and Website" as the type of issue (not the problem type). My bad.
GOG staff members have mentioned from time that responses will be faster if a ticket is filed under the correct issue/department.
I'd recommend you get in touch with them if you don't get an answer by Monday/Tuesday. It might expedite your ticket.
Alright, I'll submit a ticket again next week under the account and website option if I don't hear from them sooner. Thanks
Well it appears there's some differences...
Attachments:
Awesome to get this for free, thanks GOG and THQ Nordic!!
rtcvb32: Well it appears there's some differences...
The Anniversary Edition is on the left, isn't it? O_o'
Post edited April 23, 2017 by phaolo
PromZA: Ok I am officially confused now. It mentions a discount if you own the old game but I can't find the old game anywhere in the library. Strangely one of the expansions mentioned is still listed though but doesn't seem to require the original. So what is this exactly and what does it replace?
Grargar: Prior to the release of the Anniversary Edition, GOG was selling 3 Spellforce 2 games:

1) Shadow Wars
2) Dragon Storm
3) Demons of the Past

After the release of the Anniversary Edition, Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm were removed from the store. If you happened to have Shadow Wars, you would get a 67% discount on the Anniversary Edition, while if you had both Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm, you would get it for free.

Demons of the Past still remains and can be bought and played without the need to own the Anniversary Edition.
Ok thanks. But it seems from the comments here that some stuff aren't included. So it's in fact a downgrade for those that don't already have it. Not the usual way it works with both old and new owners having the same version. I hope GoG rectifies this.

drealmer7: My issue is that I don't understand your inability to read things. Like, you've read some of the information, but not all of it, so then you come here wasting people's time because you can't read a full paragraph and then you expect to be given answers that have already been given. If you would just READ in the first place.

"Combining both SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm, the Anniversary Edition is a completely free upgrade to all owners of both original products..."

If you did read it (I don't see how you could have) WHAT is so hard to understand about that sentence?

My initial response should have at least HELPED you figure out the answer to the question by making your brain go "oh, maybe the information is already available and I should be able to figure it out on my own, let me go look" - instead you simply wish to be hand-fed the answers, it's preposterous.
paladin181: You're unnecessarily hostile. I don't appreciate it. I read the announcement. To me it was unclear. If you have issue with that, I don't care. I'm not asking you. I did not address you. If anywhere you saw the name drealmer7, then please, elucidate me. Otherwise, your response is not necessary at all. No one forced you to read and reply. No one even requested that you do so. If you can't be cordial and answer the fucking question, then please, don't bother wasting your time. Unless this discourse is really what you crave, being argumentative and rude for no other benefit than to rouse me. Which if that is the case, you may rest in satisfaction. This is the last response I'll give you. Good day, sir.
It was unclear to me as well.
rtcvb32: Well it appears there's some differences...
phaolo: The Anniversary Edition is on the left, isn't it? O_o'
Technically they both are. However the one on the right i removed the gfx folder which removes any upgrades and uses the default textures and effects.
phaolo: The Anniversary Edition is on the left, isn't it? O_o'
rtcvb32: the one on the right i removed the gfx folder which removes any upgrades and uses the default textures and effects.
Ok, phew, that is what I needed to know :P
Post edited April 24, 2017 by phaolo