It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breath of new life.

<span class="bold">SpellForce 2 Anniversary Edition</span> a cult-favorite mix of RPG/RTS in a revitalized package, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com.

By the year 2007, SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars and its expansion SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm swept across the gamersphere, garnering a cult following for its mix of RPG and RTS elements in a bold, coherent, and–most importantly–absolutely fun experience.

A decade later, SpellForce 2 Anniversary Edition is here to breathe a new life into the series with a rebuilt multiplayer experience as well as numerous gameplay and bug fixes. Combining both SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm, the Anniversary Edition is a completely free upgrade to all owners of both original products, and an affordable upgrade (67% off) if you only own the base game.
drealmer7: My issue is that I don't understand your inability to read things. Like, you've read some of the information, but not all of it, so then you come here wasting people's time because you can't read a full paragraph and then you expect to be given answers that have already been given. If you would just READ in the first place.

"Combining both SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm, the Anniversary Edition is a completely free upgrade to all owners of both original products..."

If you did read it (I don't see how you could have) WHAT is so hard to understand about that sentence?

My initial response should have at least HELPED you figure out the answer to the question by making your brain go "oh, maybe the information is already available and I should be able to figure it out on my own, let me go look" - instead you simply wish to be hand-fed the answers, it's preposterous.
You're unnecessarily hostile. I don't appreciate it. I read the announcement. To me it was unclear. If you have issue with that, I don't care. I'm not asking you. I did not address you. If anywhere you saw the name drealmer7, then please, elucidate me. Otherwise, your response is not necessary at all. No one forced you to read and reply. No one even requested that you do so. If you can't be cordial and answer the fucking question, then please, don't bother wasting your time. Unless this discourse is really what you crave, being argumentative and rude for no other benefit than to rouse me. Which if that is the case, you may rest in satisfaction. This is the last response I'll give you. Good day, sir.
low rated
drealmer7: My issue is that I don't understand your inability to read things. Like, you've read some of the information, but not all of it, so then you come here wasting people's time because you can't read a full paragraph and then you expect to be given answers that have already been given. If you would just READ in the first place.

"Combining both SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm, the Anniversary Edition is a completely free upgrade to all owners of both original products..."

If you did read it (I don't see how you could have) WHAT is so hard to understand about that sentence?

My initial response should have at least HELPED you figure out the answer to the question by making your brain go "oh, maybe the information is already available and I should be able to figure it out on my own, let me go look" - instead you simply wish to be hand-fed the answers, it's preposterous.
paladin181: You're unnecessarily hostile. I don't appreciate it. I read the announcement. To me it was unclear. If you have issue with that, I don't care. I'm not asking you. I did not address you. If anywhere you saw the name drealmer7, then please, elucidate me. Otherwise, your response is not necessary at all. No one forced you to read and reply. No one even requested that you do so. If you can't be cordial and answer the fucking question, then please, don't bother wasting your time. Unless this discourse is really what you crave, being argumentative and rude for no other benefit than to rouse me. Which if that is the case, you may rest in satisfaction. This is the last response I'll give you. Good day, sir.
no, my point was to get you to realize that your reading comprehension needed improvement and to stop wasting ppls time when the answers are right there already for you

just because I didn't coddle you with praise for your ignorance doesn't mean I was being rude, I was just being direct

kids these days!
Post edited April 18, 2017 by fables22
Thanks Nordic for a free upgrade! That's awesome!
Awesome! Spellforce 1 looked pretty crisp even today and there are some tweaks and mods for better textures and widescreen resolution. Spellforce 2 never had that treatment unfortunately and it always looked stretched when played in Widescreen and the Anti Aliasing was never that great. Glad to finally have official Widescreen support!

Also thanks for providing all languages. Sadly the Spellforce Platinum and Spellforce 2 versions only have the english voice over and not the german original. Which is why so far I always used my disc versions instead of the gog versions. Maybe one day they will get the other languages added aswell? :3
high rated
paladin181: You're unnecessarily hostile [...
drealmer7: no, my point was to get you to realize that your reading comprehension needed improvement and to stop wasting ppls time [...]
Come on, we are all here for the fun!. This is not a thread about how to pay your taxes: we all like games, we all have some interest in this game in particular, and we all are here to enjoy our time and maybe learn about these games that we like.

Sometimes we are in a hurry or checking the site on a mobile. Sometimes one is a tad more grumpy than usual. Maybe any other day things would have been different.

If you ever suspect than someone is not in a hurry, but too lazy for your taste, just not replying to their query is enough. If you want to act on that (is it really necessary?), the best way is by example. Maybe you were wrong in your appreciation. Be civil and informative, if you are to write back. Do as you would like others to do...

Remember you came here for the fun!!! (probably)

Edit: Yes.
Post edited April 17, 2017 by Carradice
low rated
Carradice: ...Sometimes we are in a hurry or checking the site on a mobile. ...
no, we live in a society of ppl who expect the answers to be given to them each individually when the answers are already there, it happens all the time everywhere - quit making excuses for laziness
drealmer7: no, we live in a society of ppl who expect the answers to be given to them each individually when the answers are already there, it happens all the time everywhere - quit making excuses for laziness
Your posts lead me to believe that you must have a very full, rich and fulfilling life.
Carradice: ...Sometimes we are in a hurry or checking the site on a mobile. ...
drealmer7: no, we live in a society of ppl who expect the answers to be given to them each individually when the answers are already there, it happens all the time everywhere - quit making excuses for laziness
I'm not saying you're wrong, but the truth is it wasn't really that big of a waste of time until you responded and an unnecessarily lengthy argument ensued.

As for the announcement: Thanks, GOG! You guys are on a roll this year. It really is starting to feel like the old site I used to know and love. Cheers! :)
SpiderFighter: I'm not saying you're wrong, but the truth is it wasn't really that big of a waste of time until you responded and an unnecessarily lengthy argument ensued.

As for the announcement: Thanks, GOG! You guys are on a roll this year. It really is starting to feel like the old site I used to know and love. Cheers! :)
you're right, after my first response he should have figured it out on his own and then just been like "oh, I missed obvious information, you are right, sorry for filling up the thread with superfluous junk and wasting everyone's time" and that should have been in the end of it
drealmer7: after my first response he should have figured it out on his own and then just been like "oh, I missed obvious information, you are right, sorry for filling up the thread with superfluous junk and wasting everyone's time" and that should have been in the end of it
"a very full, rich and fulfilling life"...
Bambusek: As far as I know, this edition replaces the old one. So people that already own Spellforce 2 with Dragon Storm should get free update.
As I see, it is added to the account, but the original 2 packages are still there, maybe because it doesn't contain their bonus contents too
So, any first impressions on the improvements?

Maybe it's just me, but the game looks awesome and runs fine on my PC.

The one thing that I miss is the chance to reconfigure the skills for your avatar, like some (A)RPG have been doing lately--maybe they have spoilt me...

IIRC, there are no changes in single player gameplay. Anyone knows otherwise?

Edit: Awe
Post edited April 17, 2017 by Carradice
Bambusek: As far as I know, this edition replaces the old one. So people that already own Spellforce 2 with Dragon Storm should get free update.
powergod: As I see, it is added to the account, but the original 2 packages are still there, maybe because it doesn't contain their bonus contents too
Bonuses are one of the reasons.But having the old installers is really important to some peeps like me, for preservation and nostalgia i guess ;).This is the best possible outcome.Cheers
Has everyone got their copies now, haven't received my AE, are they still getting distributed?
X-com: Has everyone got their copies now, haven't received my AE, are they still getting distributed?
Check your order history for any presence of the game and try an account refresh. If it still doesn't show up, you should file a ticket with support.