It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"China" returned 6 posts
Clear search criteria
IAmSinistar: The Army of GOG continues its march into strategy territory. It's frankly refreshing after a comparative drought in such titles for a while. Certainly a step up from the indie platformer du jour.

Will very likely get this at some point, at the moment I have a buying moratorium for all but the most wanted games. Furnishing the condo has really walloped the old bank account.
This has been the year of the kitchen for me. Lot of money on kitchen goods and they are pricey (none made in China). I have nothing against the Chinese but I like to believe that at least a decent proportion of the cost goes to people salaries who make the products rather than into retailer's profit margins, hence western made goods, German, Italy, USA, France. I did buy one product made in China (bought online and couldn't tell the country of origin).

Anyway I'm spending less on steam so I might just spring for the cost of this game.
deonast: This has been the year of the kitchen for me. Lot of money on kitchen goods and they are pricey (none made in China). I have nothing against the Chinese but I like to believe that at least a decent proportion of the cost goes to people salaries who make the products rather than into retailer's profit margins, hence western made goods, German, Italy, USA, France. I did buy one product made in China (bought online and couldn't tell the country of origin).
I hear you, and I do much the same. Anything that comes in contact with food needs to have solid provenance. As lax as regulations have become in the US, they are even worse in China. Ergo, I try to get as much of my cookware from Europe as I can. My latest find of delight is the Stone Earth Pan from Ozeri (German). I remember back when we made stuff of this quality.
deonast: This has been the year of the kitchen for me. Lot of money on kitchen goods and they are pricey (none made in China). I have nothing against the Chinese but I like to believe that at least a decent proportion of the cost goes to people salaries who make the products rather than into retailer's profit margins, hence western made goods, German, Italy, USA, France. I did buy one product made in China (bought online and couldn't tell the country of origin).
IAmSinistar: I hear you, and I do much the same. Anything that comes in contact with food needs to have solid provenance. As lax as regulations have become in the US, they are even worse in China. Ergo, I try to get as much of my cookware from Europe as I can. My latest find of delight is the Stone Earth Pan from Ozeri (German). I remember back when we made stuff of this quality.
I'll check that one out. I bought a bunch of esteele cookware http://www.essteele.com.au/cookware/per-sempre.html the company originated from Melbourne Australia apparently, later got bought and moved operations to Milan Italy where they are made.

I bought a bunch in store, then ordered online some of the extras, like steamer, double boiler etc and just opened the box for the online order and to my disappointment it was all made in China every damn thing in the box (5 items).

I wish retailers would put on their websites where stuff is made. I just assumed it would be Italy like the rest.
deonast: I bought a bunch in store, then ordered online some of the extras, like steamer, double boiler etc and just opened the box for the online order and to my disappointment it was all made in China every damn thing in the box (5 items).

I wish retailers would put on their websites where stuff is made. I just assumed it would be Italy like the rest.
Well, most stuff is made in China.

You see, when you today buy a box of LEGO, there is written, that the bricks have an origin of Mexico, Hungary, Denmark, China etc. You cannot tell, what thigs were made in China and what not ...
IAmSinistar: I hear you, and I do much the same. Anything that comes in contact with food needs to have solid provenance. As lax as regulations have become in the US, they are even worse in China. Ergo, I try to get as much of my cookware from Europe as I can. My latest find of delight is the Stone Earth Pan from Ozeri (German). I remember back when we made stuff of this quality.
While my son was growing up, he would break dishes (not often but still) so we decided to buy plastic dishes and bowls. I was a bit worried about plasticizers, as they are now known to be carcinogenic. But I was positively surprised that the finnish company Orthex makes all of their dishes and bowls out of pure polypropylene, with only a little colorants added - no plasticizers at all!
deonast: I bought a bunch in store, then ordered online some of the extras, like steamer, double boiler etc and just opened the box for the online order and to my disappointment it was all made in China every damn thing in the box (5 items).

op2016: Well, most stuff is made in China.

You see, when you today buy a box of LEGO, there is written, that the bricks have an origin of Mexico, Hungary, Denmark, China etc. You cannot tell, what thigs were made in China and what not ...
Interesting. It has been years since I got any lego. I'm too old for that now. Though I can't help but wish I was a kid again sometimes when I look at the range of Lego you can get now :)
fan3l: Plastic bowls are good ideea at the first look. But, when you put hot things in them, there are not so ok. Especially for kids.
I try to avoid putting hot children on plastic bowels. Best to put them in the freezer for a little bit to cool them down first. You know they are ready when they stop crying.

Sorry very bad joke and you did have a fullstop to separate the different sentences but I'm tired and a little silly.

Ok warning signs are there. I'm off to bed :)
Post edited January 14, 2016 by deonast