It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Go on a journey the Kingdom of Nelwë, where the forces of Technology clash with those of Nature. Silverfall: Complete is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 75% discount lasting until 23rd September 2020, 1 PM UTC. Craft your hero into a mighty champion in this action RPG series. Oppose the tyrannic Order of Nothingness and use the freedom to evolve in either the technological or spiritual paths.

This pack contains two games - Silverfall and Silverfall Earth Awakening.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
ciemnogrodzianin: Yay! Good old games! (which are fun even if not exactly good)
The news is worth more than Control, BPM and last ten releases of some fancy new who-cares-about-them games ;))
The fancy new games will eventually be old you know
its not like it will stay new forever

Edit :
I have heard some great stuff about the Silverfall games
so il wishlist it to check it out later
Post edited September 19, 2020 by Lodium
high rated
RyaReisender: Never heard of this game before but I like exploration. Can't really find any good reviews on this. Can someone give me some bullet points on what to expect from this?
Lots of replay value with different builds. Melee, ranged and magic builds are all equally viable and fun.

You can find companions and have up to two join you at any time to complement your current character. For example, if I was going for a magic focused character, then I'd add melee and ranged companions to complement my skills. Your companions handle their own skill levelling but you still manage their equipped items.

Decent sized inventory so you don't need to run back and forth too much. You can also fast travel to a town at any time to sell extra stuff but you can't warp back to where you were before. Still, a one way trip is better than a two way trip. You also have a stash at town to store extra loot, often while you're waiting to get to a high enough level to make use of it.

Vendors actually sell stuff you want to buy so you definitely want to check out their wares whenever passing by.

When you complete the game, you can choose to replay with the same character at a higher difficulty level, giving you more time to play with skills that are only available to high level characters.

The start of the game may seem a little tough, but there are a couple of quests in the first camp that will make things easier once you complete them.

When you die, you teleport back to the last town you were at, minus your precious gear. You have a couple of options to get it back though.

The map is much bigger than the areas you can access, so don't get disappointed when you get to the end of the game and wonder why you haven't visited most of the map. However, this is still a decent sized game so you can easily spend dozens of hours on it, especially if trying different builds.

Enemies respawn each time you start the game, so you never run out of enemies to boost your experience. You can quit the game any time, but when you reload you'll begin again at the last town you were at. However, you can warp to any other town in the game that you've already passed through, and some dungeon entrances too. This is useful as some quests need you to do a little backtracking.

I didn't find the user interface awkward. The expansion vastly improved the control scheme of the base game and the base game can be played with the expansion's improvements.

At the current price, this game is a steal.
Interesting art. Never seen cell-shading in an RPG before.
GOG.com: Go on a journey the Kingdom of Nelwë, where the forces of Technology clash with those of Nature. Silverfall: Complete is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 75% discount lasting until 23rd September 2020, 1 PM UTC. Craft your hero into a mighty champion in this action RPG series. Oppose the tyrannic Order of Nothingness and use the freedom to evolve in either the technological or spiritual paths.

This pack contains two games - Silverfall and Silverfall Earth Awakening.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Thank you so much!! I've been wanting it forever. You're the best.
Does the game allow the user to save at any time?
Uninstalled my steam version and bought this again as soon as I seen it featured on the front page!

Yet another de-steamed game to add to the pile! :)

Thanks GoG/Focus for bringing it over here!
Post edited September 19, 2020 by takezodunmer2005
I saw this game on a half-price store game shelf once, looked interesting but I was there for another game at the time. Looks like I get to satisfy that curiosity after all lol. Glad to see it released on GOG at a great discount too. Bought!
I have been waiting so long for this... thank you so much Focus Home!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!
MysterD: From there, if you still have issues - might need to use some programs to make it go Fullscreen or Windowed Fullscreen, if need be.
Thank you for the attempt but like i said, my issues were specific to that regional version that i own. At any rate i bought this (who wouldn't at this price?) and it's all good. Cheers.
I remember seeing a lot of this game in ads, I think, back in the day. I played a bit of the demo, but don't remember my experience with it.

I could never get past the fact that the logo is based on a common font, though.

It's always the first thing that comes to my mind when I see it. XD
Might have played the demo in the past. Wishlisted if not outright buy later today. thanks GOG :)
I have to admit I have never heard of that game. But it looks like a game I need to keep an eye on.
This has long been one of my favorite games. A bit grindy but I like exploring the world, figuring out who I can trust in the game and what weapons/skills work best in different situations. There is strategy in how you approach the bad guys, lots of side quests. You can save at any time but on reload you start back at the last city you visited. It does save anything you picked up, completed quests, and visited areas on the maps.

I played this from a CD version and then bought the original game plus Earth Awakening on Steam. I didn't like the "updated" user interface in the Steam version, but when I copied my old saved game into the new version, it gave me hybrid of the old and new interface. Strange but much better. The only UI complaints I have are that sometimes in the heat of battle, I drag things out of the UI area (you can add several spells and weapons to the UI for quick access). And it's a drag - literally - to transfer items between your inventory and expanded city storage area.

Graphics are great in my opinion, on 1920 x 1200 screen, many scenic views and diverse environments.. The immersion is very good. The "gotta give that one more try" element is definitely there. Lots of pulse-increasing moments like making a mad dash through the swamps to evade some monsters that started chasing you, while avoiding other monsters in the area. I probably have 200 hours into this game, more than any other I've played. I can put it down for months and get right back into it. Mouse+keyboard works great, so does a Sidewinder joystick. Haven't tried any sort of Xbox or Steam controller.

So, two things I wonder about the GOG version: Can I load my save files from the Steam version? And, a bit deeper, I normally backup the save files often, so I can replace the current save file and get back to an earlier point if a disaster happens (saving is automatic when exiting the game). Is that possible in the GOG version? I'm in it to have fun, and to me, restarting after putting weeks of time in, is not my idea of fun, I want to experience the game. That said, if I ever make it to the end, I can always restart with a different skill tree strategy, maybe try tech instead of nature, etc. You have a lot of choices that define how you play the game!
RyaReisender: Never heard of this game before but I like exploration. Can't really find any good reviews on this. Can someone give me some bullet points on what to expect from this?
agogfan: Lots of replay value with different builds. Melee, ranged and magic builds are all equally viable and fun.

You can find companions and have up to two join you at any time to complement your current character. For example, if I was going for a magic focused character, then I'd add melee and ranged companions to complement my skills. Your companions handle their own skill levelling but you still manage their equipped items.

Decent sized inventory so you don't need to run back and forth too much. You can also fast travel to a town at any time to sell extra stuff but you can't warp back to where you were before. Still, a one way trip is better than a two way trip. You also have a stash at town to store extra loot, often while you're waiting to get to a high enough level to make use of it.

Vendors actually sell stuff you want to buy so you definitely want to check out their wares whenever passing by.

When you complete the game, you can choose to replay with the same character at a higher difficulty level, giving you more time to play with skills that are only available to high level characters.

The start of the game may seem a little tough, but there are a couple of quests in the first camp that will make things easier once you complete them.

When you die, you teleport back to the last town you were at, minus your precious gear. You have a couple of options to get it back though.

The map is much bigger than the areas you can access, so don't get disappointed when you get to the end of the game and wonder why you haven't visited most of the map. However, this is still a decent sized game so you can easily spend dozens of hours on it, especially if trying different builds.

Enemies respawn each time you start the game, so you never run out of enemies to boost your experience. You can quit the game any time, but when you reload you'll begin again at the last town you were at. However, you can warp to any other town in the game that you've already passed through, and some dungeon entrances too. This is useful as some quests need you to do a little backtracking.

I didn't find the user interface awkward. The expansion vastly improved the control scheme of the base game and the base game can be played with the expansion's improvements.

At the current price, this game is a steal.
Thanks for the reply!

Not too fond on losing gear on death, though. I guess you could just reload a save after dying, though?

Also how is the game played? Can it be played with Gamepad? I guess there's no controller support, so I'd need to play it with mouse.
RyaReisender: Not too fond on losing gear on death, though. I guess you could just reload a save after dying, though?

Also how is the game played? Can it be played with Gamepad? I guess there's no controller support, so I'd need to play it with mouse.
When you die, and provided you've completed a certain early quest, you can buy back your gear... or providing you don't mind seeing your character running around in their underwear, you can run back to the area where you died and click on your tombstone... you can however take other gear from your stash with you to help you defeat the monsters that killed you (and if you die again that gear will be added to another tombstone) or you can let your companions distract the monsters so you can quickly sneak to your tombstone. I tend to do the latter to make the game a bit more exciting... and because I hate parting with my virtual money. Which is another thing I like about this game: you do need to spend your money wisely as the game doesn't reward you unrealistically with bags and bags of cash that you'll never ever hope to spend.

I'm a mouse & keyboard gamer myself so I can't unfortunately speak about if the game would support a gamepad in some fashion. Hopefully other Goggers can comment on this. I use the WASD keys to move my character: W to run forwards, S to run backwards, and A and D to turn my character (and the camera view) left or right. I use Home and End to raise or lower the angle I'm behind the character to get the best view ahead, and adjusting the angle is also necessary when going up or down slopes. I use the mouse for attacking, and selecting various spells etc.