It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silver Chains is now available DRM-free. Get it 15% off until August 13th, 1pm UTC.

Silver Chains is a first-person horror game with a strong emphasis on story and exploration. Search for clues within an old abandoned manor to unravel the truth about the terrible events which have happened.
GameRager: I mean who the heck CARES if someone is a bit critical of or doesn't think what one finds important is as important......let them feel as they will as long as they aren't physically hurting anyone.
Zoidberg: You said it, asshole.

See? I didn't physically hurt you so all is fine, right?
============================
Joking apart, critical is ok, but he hasn't been with that very first paragraph.
============================
In this world riddled with conflict, most of them due to miscommunication or people not bothering to communicate correctly, or at all, I personally find it CRITICAL to make the effort of understanding and communication.

In my answer I was really clear that I was fine with the second paragraph but that the first one was unwelcomed, uneccessary and, yes, aggressive.
===================
What has been answered to me? Personal insults. Go and read their answers to me again, there is at least one insult each time.
===================
Thus I stand by my argument.

Good day to you.
First off, thanks for at least replying to me and trying to clarify your position.....it is appreciated. Now for a bit of clarification/apology of my own:

1st bit: Not to sound too crass but right, actually....you didn't harm me physically and I can take a jab of words here and there without getting overly upset(usually). I wasn't trying to make light of the situation here...the point I was trying to make in the bit you replied to is the old saying: sticks and stones...etc....and how important it is to be able to not get overly upset(in general, for anyone) over such minor things.

2nd bit: He was joking about the game not being fun(to him mainly) in a lighthearted way. He did so using an old meme and some silly wordplay....to me this is not overly aggressive(We americans and possibly people in poland such as Breja use such disses/jokes all the time in good fun) but more a lighthearted jab to show one dislikes something in a joking way.

The thing is, it seems he was just trying to joke a bit(and that's sometimes his nature from what i've read of his here) and you took it overly personally when you should have seen the context behind it and whether or not he was trying to offend anyone and to what extent....just my two cents, take it or leave it, etc.

To be fair, though, he replied a bit nastily after a few posts but then again he seemingly sometimes gets upset as well when he thinks people are "attacking" him or his posts.

(Note that last bit is not me trying to justify his later replies but rather show why he likely said what he said)

3rd bit: That is to be commended for anyone who does so, but by(and please don't take this the wrong way or too harshly) your one reply in post 10(saying part of his post was useless/aggressive and shouldn't have been posted) likely irked him or upset him & led in part to the replies that followed.

Of course he could've handled it better after that but also you could've worded it a bit more fairly so as to not make it look like you were trying to speak down to him too much.

4th Bit: I agree the insults Breja used were a bit unneeded, but if you'd worded a few of your replies a bit better and not taken his jab at the game(his first post) too harshly he wouldn't have likely gotten upset to begin with. This does not excuse his rude behavior entirely, however.

5th Bit: At least you stick by your guns, and for that I commend you.

=========================================
In the end/conclusion: I think Breja made a silly meme/joke to show he didn't find the game to be his cup of tea or to his liking and you saw it as more harsh than it is/was. A case of miscommunication/not reading the right intent on your part and a case of getting upset too easily on his. This is just one of the reasons why i usually try to read intent behind words that people post(sometimes I make mistakes with this, though) before replying, to avoid jumping the gun and misreading people's first posts in threads.

I say all this, btw, not to poke fun at you or your stance...but just to offer my own criticism/clarification on the issue and show that I am not supporting people insulting others unnecessarily or for bad reasons. If you mistook my intent or what I was trying to convey here I apologize once again.

Have a good one, regardless.

GR
Post edited August 08, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: ...
All of my reactions were directed at Breja's handling of the thing. I don't think I have anything to blame you on anything. Thanks for your answer.

Using memes and joking is fine, although it must be pretty clearly explained becasue writing is not the same as spoken languages, besides, memes have to be avoided, imho, because it depends way too much on niche cultural things.

Usually, I'd have been fine with a smiley at the end of that paragraph and maybe a "joking aside" at the start of the first.

I think I'm quite a polite and respectful individual but I DO tend to get aggressive once I sense that the turn of the conversation leans towards the bullshitty. :P

Cheers and back to the release.
After seeing CJUgamings part 1 gameplay we got hooked so we're going for it. The only minor thing is that "mommy" is a bit stiff/scripted, but other than that the atmosphere and design is amazing.

GameRager: If I had a significant other( and the nerve to actually date) I would love if they loved and played games as well...must be nice to have such. :)
Although she played Starcraft, Doom, Jazz and the like when they were popular she isn't a "gamergirl" per say, she usually watches gameplays on YT, and sometimes it's when I play, especially P&K and FPP action/horror.

I know it sounds silly, but one can't just be locked up in a room to meet people. I did it for too long and it got me nowhere, but truth is I've never been on a (blind)-date. I think most couples meets (when they're already getting friendly) on something other than dating like working places, college/university, night clubs, through friends, computer/chess clubs, pilates/qi-gong and other kinky workouts etc... Dating someone you already are familiar with is easier.

I really hope you do find one :)
Zoidberg: All of my reactions were directed at Breja's handling of the thing. I don't think I have anything to blame you on anything. Thanks for your answer.
======================
Using memes and joking is fine, although it must be pretty clearly explained because writing is not the same as spoken languages, besides, memes have to be avoided, imho, because it depends way too much on niche cultural things.
======================
Usually, I'd have been fine with a smiley at the end of that paragraph and maybe a "joking aside" at the start of the first.
======================
I think I'm quite a polite and respectful individual but I DO tend to get aggressive once I sense that the turn of the conversation leans towards the bullshitty. :P

Cheers and back to the release.
Not a problem and thanks for replying once more.
====================
First off I like memes and think people should use them more(I'd even LIKE seeing some made by other countries to see what they find funny/interesting/etc).

Second, explanation IS KEY/good, but one should also be careful not to assume or see ill intent where they might not be any. That is why I usually try to make sure someone is truly being mean/a d**k before I complain to them to make sure i'm ok in doing so. ;)
=====================
Iirc the second paragraph pretty much showed the first was just a jab at the game being not Breja's cup of tea and showed they weren't being too serous.....but of course I get that not everyone can read context behind everything each and every time due to cultural/etc differences, rushing to judgement due to post wording, and the like.
====================
Sounds good, but as I said one should always be as sure as possible the other person was trying to be overly mean before letting loose the dogs of war, so to speak....just my two cents.

Also yeah back to the release....have a good day/night/evening. :)

sanscript: Although she played Starcraft, Doom, Jazz and the like when they were popular she isn't a "gamergirl" per say, she usually watches gameplays on YT, and sometimes it's when I play, especially P&K and FPP action/horror.

I know it sounds silly, but one can't just be locked up in a room to meet people. I did it for too long and it got me nowhere, but truth is I've never been on a (blind)-date. I think most couples meets (when they're already getting friendly) on something other than dating like working places, college/university, night clubs, through friends, computer/chess clubs, pilates/qi-gong and other kinky workouts etc... Dating someone you already are familiar with is easier.

I really hope you do find one :)
1st bit: Sounds cool to find someone ebven remotely interested in the genre and who isn;t faking interest to be nice like some do. :)

2nd bit: True, but as I said elsewhere I am a bit of a shutin due to mental issues and the like so it's nearly impossible for me to date outside the home. :( Oh well, never say never, eh?

3rd bit: I wish I could....but then they'd likely want me to get into all that compromise stuff I hear is part of good relationships.....o.0 ;D
Post edited August 09, 2019 by GameRager
Finished it last night, it's fair if you really need another walk aroundfest, but beyond that, there's really not much there :(
Linko64: Finished it last night, it's fair if you really need another walk aroundfest, but beyond that, there's really not much there :(
I had a feeling it was going to pursue that approach. Bummer.