It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silver Chains is now available DRM-free. Get it 15% off until August 13th, 1pm UTC.

Silver Chains is a first-person horror game with a strong emphasis on story and exploration. Search for clues within an old abandoned manor to unravel the truth about the terrible events which have happened.
Breja: " This evil you cannot fight - run for your life or find a place to hide"
Hey dawg, we heard you like to have fun in games so we removed all fun from our game!

Yeah, this is a big nope for me. I'm sure this actually is fun for some people, but I honestly can't see the point in games like this for the life of me. You want me to play a horror game, you give me a boomstick and a chainsaw.
Zoidberg: Please, in the same post you're sure this is fun for some AND you imply the game isn't fun.
Yes, that it isn't fun for me. And then I proceeded to explain, just in case someone like you comes along and gets hysterical over it, that it is only my personal opinion. Anyway, it turns out that even that wasn't enough of a precaution, because this is the internet, and anyone expressing a personal prefrence someone else disagrees with, even in a obviously tongue in cheek manner and with an assurance of respecting other differing opinions, is apparently "excessive aggressive AND useless". You must have the thinnest safe space bubble I've seen in a long time.

Indeed, the terrible "agression" of saying that I don't find something fun but others might. Poor man, how will you ever cope with having to read something as aggresive as that? You probably have PTSD now.

And yes, now I am getting hostile and pissed off, because I seriously posted nothing, NOTHING a sane person could find objectionable and still you have the nerve to tell me what I should and should not post. I was on topic, I was civil, and you're being an ass. And not the fun kind, like TinyE keeps.
Post edited August 06, 2019 by Breja
Exciting addition to catalogue.

From previews on youtube, seems to play similarly to Dark Occult (Conjuring House) - explorinating a rambling old mansion full of bizarre supernatural entities, excellent sound effects, stacks of atmospheric spookiness. Very nice indeed.
low rated
Zoidberg: Please, in the same post you're sure this is fun for some AND you imply the game isn't fun.
Breja: Yes, that it isn't fun for me. And then I proceeded to explain, just in case someone like you comes along and gets hysterical over it, that it is only my personal opinion. Anyway, it turns out that even that wasn't enough of a precaution, because this is the internet, and anyone expressing a personal prefrence someone else disagrees with, even in a obviously tongue in cheek manner and with an assurance of respecting other differing opinions, is apparently "excessive aggressive AND useless". You must have the thinnest safe space bubble I've seen in a long time.

Indeed, the terrible "agression" of saying that I don't find something fun but others might. Poor man, how will you ever cope with having to read something as aggresive as that? You probably have PTSD now.

And yes, now I am getting hostile and pissed off, because I seriously posted nothing, NOTHING a sane person could find objectionable and still you have the nerve to tell me what I should and should not post. I was on topic, I was civil, and you're being an ass. And not the fun kind, like TinyE keeps.
Fine, you wanna be "hysterical"? Be it.

You misreacted and this second reaction is proof.
Zoidberg: Fine, you wanna be "hysterical"? Be it.

You're insane. How did I "misreact"? I just expressed my opinion about the release. That's it. It was no different than what mintee of PainOfSalvation wrote before me. You're the one that someone interpreted it as "aggressive" and acted like an ass about it.
BreOl72: This evil you cannot fight - run for your life or find a place to hide: Experience an intense feeling of horror as you try to escape from the monster chasing you down.

Spooky games that inspired us:

- Layers of Fear & Layers of Fear 2
- Resident Evil Series
- Dead by Daylight
- Outlast & Outlast 2
- Slender & Slender: The Arrival
- Silent Hill Series
------

No Amnesia?
It also has feeling/reminders of the Penumbra Trilogy(look/feel).
Breja: " This evil you cannot fight - run for your life or find a place to hide"
Hey dawg, we heard you like to have fun in games so we removed all fun from our game!

Yeah, this is a big nope for me. I'm sure this actually is fun for some people, but I honestly can't see the point in games like this for the life of me. You want me to play a horror game, you give me a boomstick and a chainsaw.
Some games like The Penumbra Trilogy you must either trap enemies or avoid them...it's actually fun to do so. Of course in that series you can fight some but it is tough, but it is usually easier to avoid them and the game is fun even with such mechanics. :)
sanscript: Looks good. I think my gf would want us to play it together. Wishlisted for now!
If I had a significant other( and the nerve to actually date) I would love if they loved and played games as well...must be nice to have such. :)
Post edited August 07, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: Some games like The Penumbra Trilogy you must either trap enemies or avoid them...it's actually fun to do so. Of course in that series you can fight some but it is tough, but it is usually easier to avoid them and the game is fun even with such mechanics. :)
I'm sure it can be fun... for people who like it. I'm not saying that it's inherently a bad idea. It's just not fun for me.
It's just like some people really dig found footage movies, and I think Blair Witch was probably the most boring, worst movie I've ever seen in my life.

I'm ok with stealth, I outright love some stealth games, but not when there is no way whatsoever of fighting enemies. Having to run away and hide all the time... it's tedious to me and feels like it takes away some agency from my character.

It's why of the few horror games I truly enjoyed was Condemned - it was scary, but it also offered very satisfying and tense combat. The fact you could fight never took away from the scary and oppressive atmosphere, but it felt good to fight back.
low rated
Zoidberg: Fine, you wanna be "hysterical"? Be it.

Breja: You're insane. How did I "misreact"? I just expressed my opinion about the release. That's it. It was no different than what mintee of PainOfSalvation wrote before me. You're the one that someone interpreted it as "aggressive" and acted like an ass about it.
As I wrote, the second paragraph is your reaction, and it is fine. The first one is an aggression, and it is not. End of story.
Zoidberg: As I wrote, the second paragraph is your reaction, and it is fine. The first one is an aggression, and it is not. End of story.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Seriously - there is nothing there in any way, shape or form "aggressive". I honestly haven't got the faintest idea what you mean. It's a silly joke based on a silly meme followed by a statement of personal prefrence. That's it.
Post edited August 07, 2019 by Breja
low rated
Zoidberg: As I wrote, the second paragraph is your reaction, and it is fine. The first one is an aggression, and it is not. End of story.
Breja: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Seriously - there is nothing there in any way, shape or form "aggressive". I honestly haven't got the faintest idea what you mean. It's a silly joke based on a silly meme followed by a statement of personal prefrence. That's it.
It's aggressive towards people, players and devs, who enjoy games differently than you. If you prefer, that paragraph was quite defensive of your position without even bothering to put an argument forward. And that is, in my regard, bad communication practice.

Also, as nobody decides what is "fun" for anyone, nobody has the right to define what others feel in reaction to something you said or wrote.

It is just all a matter of respect.
Zoidberg: It's aggressive towards people, players and devs, who enjoy games differently than you.
You're being absurd. I could just as well say that PainOfSalvation saying that the game looks interesting was aggressive towards me, because it doesn't look interesting to me. This is clearly getting us nowhere.

The world really has gone insane. People can't stand any statement or even a joke they disagree with even existing without getting triggered.

I'm done. I hope you somehow survive the Great Someone Doesn't Find Some Game Fun Aggression of 2019.
low rated
Breja: This is clearly getting us nowhere.
You refusing to read my post clearly is getting us nowhere, yes. So let's leave it indeed.
Breja: This is clearly getting us nowhere.
Zoidberg: You refusing to read my post clearly is getting us nowhere, yes. So let's leave it indeed.
Good. Have a nice day.
low rated
GameRager: Some games like The Penumbra Trilogy you must either trap enemies or avoid them...it's actually fun to do so. Of course in that series you can fight some but it is tough, but it is usually easier to avoid them and the game is fun even with such mechanics. :)
Breja: I'm sure it can be fun... for people who like it. I'm not saying that it's inherently a bad idea. It's just not fun for me.
It's just like some people really dig found footage movies, and I think Blair Witch was probably the most boring, worst movie I've ever seen in my life.

I'm ok with stealth, I outright love some stealth games, but not when there is no way whatsoever of fighting enemies. Having to run away and hide all the time... it's tedious to me and feels like it takes away some agency from my character.

It's why of the few horror games I truly enjoyed was Condemned - it was scary, but it also offered very satisfying and tense combat. The fact you could fight never took away from the scary and oppressive atmosphere, but it felt good to fight back.
Well yeah not everything is going to be for everyone....different tastes/etc.....also the Penumbra Games are like that in that they allow you to fight back, but it is tougher than running usually.

Also yeah condemned is fun, as well as the sequel(even with the changes in some character's looks/etc).

Breja: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Zoidberg: It's aggressive towards people, players and devs, who enjoy games differently than you. If you prefer, that paragraph was quite defensive of your position without even bothering to put an argument forward. And that is, in my regard, bad communication practice.

Also, as nobody decides what is "fun" for anyone, nobody has the right to define what others feel in reaction to something you said or wrote.

It is just all a matter of respect.
What Breja said(in general) after this post about people(in general) finding offense in anything they can instead of looking for context or only being offended at truly offensive things is still true, however.

Instead of looking for things to be offended by one should(imo) also try to see what context is being used in the "offensive" bits and whether offense was intended and to what degree/why it was intended(if it was intended to be seen that way).

I mean who the heck CARES if someone is a bit critical of or doesn't think what one finds important is as important......let them feel as they will as long as they aren't physically hurting anyone.

(As for respect...it must be earned, not just given to all without people earning it or deserving it.)
Post edited August 08, 2019 by GameRager
Good grief, I'm starving for decent 3D horror games on GOG. I had some interest in this game but it looks like it's going to be one of those that's good for one playthrough, two at most maybe, and that's it. Will probably get it at some point, just not at full price.
GameRager: I mean who the heck CARES if someone is a bit critical of or doesn't think what one finds important is as important......let them feel as they will as long as they aren't physically hurting anyone.
You said it, asshole.

See? I didn't physically hurt you so all is fine, right?

Joking apart, critical is ok, but he hasn't been with that very first paragraph.

In this world riddled with conflict, most of them due to miscommunication or people not bothering to communicate correctly, or at all, I personally find it CRITICAL to make the effort of understanding and communication.

In my answer I was really clear that I was fine with the second paragraph but that the first one was unwelcomed, uneccessary and, yes, aggressive.

What has been answered to me? Personal insults. Go and read their answers to me again, there is at least one insult each time.

Thus I stand by my argument.

Good day to you.