It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Shortest Trip to Earth is now available DRM-free. Get it 15% off until August 22nd, 5pm UTC.

Shortest Trip to Earth is a roguelike spaceship simulator focused on exploration, ship management and tactical battles. Embark on a perilous journey across the universe with an armed crew, nuclear missiles and a cat.
IronArcturus: Does anyone know which engine is used for Shortest Trip to Earth?
Unity
So yeah.......

I ended up buying this game, and guess what..... This game is freaking amazing!

From music, to customizations, to replayability, crew-management, everything is just so well done.

Was able to finish the game on my 3rd or forth run. Took about 10 hours. Not too difficult, not too easy, just perfect!

Oh and, no bugs so far in my 22 hours of gameplay!

Absolutely recommend this game to everyone interested in this type of game!

Thanks devs, you're awesome! <3
falloutttt: So yeah.......

From music, to customizations, to replayability, crew-management, everything is just so well done.

Was able to finish the game on my 3rd or forth run. Took about 10 hours. Not too difficult, not too easy, just perfect!

I'm having a blast as well. There are a few bugs but they're mostly inconvenient. Sometimes the crew will just sit around and not fight fires, fight intruders, repair etc despite jobs being assigned and having plentiful resources - just unassign jobs and reassign them and it's fixed. Pretty rare since it only happened once in 25 hours of play to me.

Things don't seem unlock in the right order sometimes - new ships should always unlock first. Fixed by just beating the sector again. Fairly minor honestly.

Then there's the exploits. Scrapping mining lasers gives you a ton of exotics for example. Not a problem and something fun to take advantage of when bored :)

But yeah, awesome game. Haven't beat it yet but I keep restarting halfway through just to try something new :D
falloutttt: So yeah.......

tremere110: I'm having a blast as well. There are a few bugs but they're mostly inconvenient. Sometimes the crew will just sit around and not fight fires, fight intruders, repair etc despite jobs being assigned and having plentiful resources - just unassign jobs and reassign them and it's fixed. Pretty rare since it only happened once in 25 hours of play to me.

Things don't seem unlock in the right order sometimes - new ships should always unlock first. Fixed by just beating the sector again. Fairly minor honestly.

Then there's the exploits. Scrapping mining lasers gives you a ton of exotics for example. Not a problem and something fun to take advantage of when bored :)

But yeah, awesome game. Haven't beat it yet but I keep restarting halfway through just to try something new :D
Yeah, there's small bugs related to crew/bots. But bots are bots in the end of the day. lol

One thing I just noticed, is at Level 7, after finishing it, it din't unlock the new ship, nor any perk or anything. I mean I finished the game and unlocked all the ship, but not the level 7 one. it's still locked. :(

But bugs like that don't bother me much, and most likely will be fixed eventually.

As for "mining lasers", you get 20-30-40 exotics. That's just wonderful! I used to buy them for 300-400, then scrap them and sell the exotics to the same vendor. :D But there's a gun that uses 1 exotic/shot. To use that gun, you'll need lots of exotics. So maybe, "mining lasers" are actually for that. I don't know, but that's how I was able to use that gun for a bit.

I really din't expect the game to be so much fun. I'm glad I got it. Great game!
phaolo: FTL is a nice game, but IMO it's a bit ruined by its unfair difficulty already at normal.
If this game is a clone, I hope it will fix that at least..
Yep, the difficulty of FTL is insane and often plain unfair. Sometimes my ship was destroyed and I didn`t have any clue why. So I stopped playing it. Which is sad, because in its core, the game really is interesting.