It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The mother of all investigations.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 70% off until February 8, 2PM UTC.
Does supernatural evil have a place in Sherlock's rigorously rational world, governed by cause and effect? Consumed by a terrible sense of uncertainty, Sherlock launches himself against the haunted streets of London, prowling for evidence that only his keen deductions, timely punches, and bold infiltration can yield.

Test your sleuthing skills further with our special Detective Stories Sale, featuring several mysteries worth solving, up to -90%. Sale ends February 5, 11PM UTC.
Vythonaut: I'm afraid that's not the case with it. (https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=37444)
drealmer7: wow, that kind of makes me sick
At full price it certainly is pricey, but with the current discount it isn't bad, provided the story is interesting and you can stomach whatever QTEs it contains.
Different publisher than Steam release. Crimes and Punishments on Steam is a different publisher than either of those two. I reckon I'd prefer Crimes.
[Nvm, fixed.]
Post edited February 01, 2018 by Cavalary
Telika: Question : is the user allowed to select the game's language ?
You can select the game's language from within the Gameplay options menu
what kind of P'n'C games are you playing? 30h+?

I looked at How Long for a few classics:
Monkey Island 1 - 6.5 h
Monkey Island 2- 7 h
Day of the tentacle - 6.5 h
Maniac Mansion - 3 h
Zork - 3 h
Longest Journey - 20.5 h
Beneath a steel sky - 6 h
Deponia - 9 h
Broken Sword - 10 h
The whispered world - 11h

Most are around 10 hours (+-3 h) and frankly to me that;s more than enough. The only one longer was The Longest Journey, which frankly became a bit of a slog in the end, and most of that time is watching the animations of the character walking slowly from on end of the screen to the other.

I think that Monkey Island with its 7 hours are a perfect time for a game like this, before it becomes unwelcomed. .
What a pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and haven't been able to play Crimes and Punishment or this. I'll be snapping this up and hope that Crimes joins the catalog soon!
GOG.com: The Devil's Daughter
Look out, young son. ;)
whoa, nice sale and game, insta bought
Telika: Question : is the user allowed to select the game's language ?
JudasIscariot: You can select the game's language from within the Gameplay options menu
Ok. Thanks for that info.
Cool! I've got all the other Sherlock games here so...I mean they aren't amazing games...but decent fun for fans of the character.
JLH: (...) but decent fun for fans of the character.
Agreed.

Pretty solid read in here about the series. Worth a look, imho.
JLH: (...) but decent fun for fans of the character.
victorchopin: Agreed.

Pretty solid read in here about the series. Worth a look, imho.
Thanks. I'll check it out. My gal and I enjoy these games...but I could see how they're not for everyone. I also like how the world leans more on Jeremy Brett vibe than the modern shows and movies.
amok: what kind of P'n'C games are you playing? 30h+?
This isn't a point & click game though; you control the character directly so it's more of an action/adventure. Still, 30h is too much for these type of games -- even action RPGs (such as Mass Effect or Witcher 2) don't last that long.
amok: (...) The only one longer was The Longest Journey, which frankly became a bit of a slog in the end (...)
Well, at least this one it's true to it's name... :P
Post edited February 01, 2018 by Vythonaut
When I first joined gog, all their games were either $2 or $5 - it seems these days they're all either $20 or $50.
JLH: I also like how the world leans more on Jeremy Brett vibe than the modern shows and movies.
... which is... good?
Cant' say, not into the SH movies and tv shows and stuff.

JLH: My gal and I enjoy these games...
Ah the old "adventure-time-with-wife/gf-aroo"! Never fails! :P