It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play an exciting game that combines an atmospheric, psychological thriller narrative with paranormal psychic abilities, stealthy exploration, and intense shooter action. Second Sight is back on GOG.COM along with a 50% discount that will last until 2nd August 2021, 1 PM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
And GOG released another hotfix for Second Sight to fix the controller binding (which still is unchangeable). They did a step forward to improvement but still failed to deliver. There's no key on controller for "E" (stick to/from wall) and the left stick is only moving the character (at least on Logitech F310) ehen you change mode from digital to analogue - otherwise the D-pad will be used.

Since it seems as if the dev of this Controller fix is reading I suggest the following bindings (based on the console controls) for Logitech F-310 (XBox360 compatible):

Y = Camera (already the case)
B = Hit (already the case)
X = Crouch (already the case)
A = Action (Already the case)
Move right Stick = Move camera (already the case)
Move left stick = Move character
LT = Aim
RT = Fire
D-pad up/down = Change weapons
D-pad left/right = Change Psi powers
RB/LB = stick to/from walls
Click left stick = change 1 + 3rd person view
Click right stick = change between weapons and psi powers

https://archive.org/details/xboxmanual_Second_Sight/page/n1/mode/2up

Maybe it will be possible to make this fix/wrapper actually a good thing in the end? I would be grateful.
Post edited July 28, 2021 by MarkoH01
Aaaand Second Sight received another update and this time controller binding almost is perfect. Unfortunately shooting does not really work this way since you pull LT to aim but RT seems to cancel instead of firing?

Edit: Problem solved. I had to switch to dinput for it to work the way it was intended.

Thank you @GOG for listening to my feedback. :)
Now GOG has the best version available. Great work GOG.
MarkoH01: Aaaand Second Sight received another update and this time controller binding almost is perfect. Unfortunately shooting does not really work this way since you pull LT to aim but RT seems to cancel instead of firing?

Anyway, thank you @GOG for listening to my feedback. :)
Did you try and switch from xinput to dinput? Usually on xinput when you press both LT and RT together they don't work well with older games.
MarkoH01: Aaaand Second Sight received another update and this time controller binding almost is perfect. Unfortunately shooting does not really work this way since you pull LT to aim but RT seems to cancel instead of firing?

Anyway, thank you @GOG for listening to my feedback. :)
alexandros050: Did you try and switch from xinput to dinput? Usually on xinput when you press both LT and RT together they don't work well with older games.
You are a genius! That did the trick! Thank you so much!
alexandros050: Did you try and switch from xinput to dinput? Usually on xinput when you press both LT and RT together they don't work well with older games.
MarkoH01: You are a genius! That did the trick! Thank you so much!
No problem happy to help. I had the same problem when I was playing an older game and found the solution after many hours of searching. That is happening because on Xinput the LT and RT are recognized as Z axis (Helps with racing games a lot) while on Dinput they are recognized as separate buttons.That is why I always try to buy controllers that have a xinput and dinput switch such as the logitech controllers.
Maybe GOG should put this information in the product page so that other users won't have the same problem.
Post edited July 28, 2021 by alexandros050
apparition:
Thanks. I will test it.
alexandros050: Maybe GOG should put this information in the product page so that other users won't have the same problem.
Most GOG users who have a controller probably use an official Xbox controller, which doesn't have any Dinput/Xinput switch on it.

Can Dinput be used with an official Xbox controller? And if so, then how, exactly?
high rated
alexandros050: Maybe GOG should put this information in the product page so that other users won't have the same problem.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Most GOG users who have a controller probably use an official Xbox controller, which doesn't have any Dinput/Xinput switch on it.

Can Dinput be used with an official Xbox controller? And if so, then how, exactly?
No need to worry about that anymore since there just was another (unexpected) update for the game and now all is working fine even on Xinput - I just tested it. Kudos @GOG - this time you've really outdone yourself. I am actually impressed and of course very thankful. :)
I'm very glad to see this back! Wishlisted for now. I'll keep hoping for some other comeback (Cryostasis for example).
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Most GOG users who have a controller probably use an official Xbox controller, which doesn't have any Dinput/Xinput switch on it.

Actually there is a program called "Xinput Plus" I did test it on one old game but there was a delay when I pressed some buttons (It could be the game I was Playing "PES 5") Also The Language is in Chinese I believe but there is a good tutorial on the link I will post below. You can try it for yourself and see if you have better results than me

https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/xinput-plus-tutorial/
Post edited July 29, 2021 by alexandros050
I just realized I still haven't shown my gratitude for finally being able to own this game digitally, and better yet through GOG, so... THANK YOU! (I haven't been around much lately)

:D
Post edited August 22, 2021 by Waganari
Hey I just got second sight on the pc after owning a copy on GameCube for the longest time. Because of that I'm very used to playing this game with a controller. For the most part the controls work great! That is until I tried to swap targets with Telekinesis, he just stays locked on to the first object I looked at first. Is there a fix for this available somewhere?
MightyBardin: Hey I just got second sight on the pc after owning a copy on GameCube for the longest time. Because of that I'm very used to playing this game with a controller. For the most part the controls work great! That is until I tried to swap targets with Telekinesis, he just stays locked on to the first object I looked at first. Is there a fix for this available somewhere?
Try asking on the game subforum instead of dredging up this old release thread.