It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play an exciting game that combines an atmospheric, psychological thriller narrative with paranormal psychic abilities, stealthy exploration, and intense shooter action. Second Sight is back on GOG.COM along with a 50% discount that will last until 2nd August 2021, 1 PM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Amazing! Thank you for bringing this back!
Psykopat89: No way! I was literally JUST talking with one of my friends about this good old gem yesterday, now it's here! This is awesome!
they know !! :)
ReynardFox: So.. are there any differences with this release vs the original release here?
No, I just did a check using GOGRepo and the files are identical to before the removal.
Welcome back Second Sight! I've been waiting for it to come back since originally playing the game on the original XBOX! Glad to have it back home!
I played this on PS2 and stop playing when I reached the base in the middle of the snow (antartic?) before an (ex) friend stole my PS2. I think it's time to play this again to finish the game!
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much GOG.com and THQ Nordic!

Finally, this gem of a game is available again here. I waited a long time to see this back in store on GOG.com, because it is one of my favorite games from the Playstation 2 Era!

And best of all, it is the original game and not one of those awful remakes or pointless remasters--thank you!

Of course, this time I added it immediately to my game library.

A small suggestion for those who do not know the game, yet: please, do not spoil your gaming experience by checking out on what the story of "Second Sight" is all about.

The game is a marvelous blend of (optionally third or first person) action and stealth gameplay with a couple of intersting telekinetic (and other psi-powers) and a touching personal story which has rarely been executed so well.
I also like the fact that the character design despite its console origins is quite timeless. They did not strife for high fidelity realism but rather applied a little overexaggeration of certain features as common in comics and animated films.

Enjoy the game!
I know, what I am looking forward to play soon again.

Kind regards,
foxgog
JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ: It was released for free years ago along with the other midway games.
Yes, but it was a freeware version with the need of an online connection to be activated, but the servers are down for years so this version is unplayable now.
JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ: It was released for free years ago along with the other midway games.
MaxFulvus: Yes, but it was a freeware version with the need of an online connection to be activated, but the servers are down for years so this version is unplayable now.
You can download a "fixed" version from MajorGeeks that removes the internet connectivity requirement, though I'm not sure of the legality of that.
ReynardFox: So.. are there any differences with this release vs the original release here?
apparition: No, I just did a check using GOGRepo and the files are identical to before the removal.
Good to know, thanks.
Thank you for this nice rerelease GOG and THQNordic :). Really cool to see this back in the catalog. Missed it the first time around, but gonna make up for it ;). Cheers
IronArcturus: Does the game allow saving at any time?
No, it is checkpoint based.
Loger13: Finally! Welcome back!
I wish they had added Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.
But that game is freeware.
Look here:
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psi-Ops:_The_Mindgate_Conspiracy]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psi-Ops:_The_Mindgate_Conspiracy[/url]

You can find on MajorGeeks and elsewhere.

There is also an fan made fix for widescreen support.
https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#psiops
The game just got an update and now has controller support and widescreen. Widescreen is still stretching cutscenes (but unofficial third party solutions also weren't able to fix this) but the major gripe I have is that the controller binding (which you cannot change) is RIDICULOUS. Who made this? A drunken programmer? How could you think using D-Pad only for control and Left stick to control the camera would be a good idea? Better use a third party program if you want tro use controller - I used a third party tool and the official bindings from the console version and it works fine.- This crap here is completely useless!

Edit: According to one DLL it was GOGs work. Should not have surprised me. Whenever GOG does something technical the result is questionable.
Post edited July 27, 2021 by MarkoH01
apparition: You can download a "fixed" version from MajorGeeks that removes the internet connectivity requirement, though I'm not sure of the legality of that.
Thanks for the info. Is this version playable ?
MaxFulvus: Thanks for the info. Is this version playable ?
I only played about 30 seconds on my Windows 10 PC, so take that for what it is. You can get past the menu and move around in the game.

My volume was set too high and it wouldn't let me Alt + Tab, so I accidentally skipped the intros while trying to adjust my volume and not wake up my kids. I killed the two guards in the opening area and turned off the lasers on the first door. The door itself didn't open, but I can't remember if there was another switch and didn't have time to explore further.
Post edited July 28, 2021 by apparition