It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A life of sin awaits within

<span class="bold">Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales</span>, an action/adventure/RPG hybrid that lets you explore all aspects of a corsair's thrilling life, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Dogs are famously friendly, loyal, and perhaps a little bit gullible creatures. Sea Dogs, however, are nothing of the sort. They lead lives full of fighting, murder, plunder, and uneasy camaraderie, usually feverish with a self-destructive gold rush. Blaze and Beatrice Sharp are born into this life, having inherited their father's swashbuckling legacy. Time to see how they measure up.

Now that they've both come of age, it's time to make their own name, carve their own path through this open-world of exciting yet dangerous opportunities. There are 16 ships to choose from, different crew members to hire, weapons to equip on your ship or take along in your land adventures, skills to pick, quests to undertake, treasures to unearth. Feel free to seek your fortune and explore the secrets of the Caribbean islands, but never let your guard down. After all, how you handle yourself during the intense naval battles and your continuous struggles with the capricious sea weather will determine whether you name will become synonymous with glorious piracy or a brief footnote in the chronicles of this brutal age of buccaneers.

Dip you cutlass into a sea of perils, treasures, and the blood of your enemies as you live your own <span class="bold">Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
musteriuz: I still can't get the first Sea Dogs I bought from gog to run on my Vista machine. I have the 2.0.0.3 installer downloaded and installed.
Contact support.
And now the Conquest of Paradise theme is stuck in my head. Not that that is anything to complain about, as opposed to there not being a game around that can match its epicness...
Sooooo... an open world Oblivion/Morrowind-like with Pirates & Pirateships?

I read about the "lost ships" sequel to this and that it is awesome; the first feedback in to this one appears to strongly suggest the sequel over this one.
Ermmm....CoAS has something that i deeply dislike: enemy level scaling. Also, it has a modified Gamebryo engine (renamed, nothing new, Bethesda did the same in the games lately).
Matewis: And now the Conquest of Paradise theme is stuck in my head. Not that that is anything to complain about, as opposed to there not being a game around that can match its epicness...
Now it's stuck in MY head. Look at what you've done.
Yay yay yay!

GoG has like a mainline to my wants and they've seriously been delivering lately! I love this place.
wolfsrain: Ermmm....CoAS has something that i deeply dislike: enemy level scaling. Also, it has a modified Gamebryo engine (renamed, nothing new, Bethesda did the same in the games lately).
Vanilla Oblivion like scaling or vanilla Fallout3 like scaling?
Matewis: And now the Conquest of Paradise theme is stuck in my head. Not that that is anything to complain about, as opposed to there not being a game around that can match its epicness...
omega64: Now it's stuck in MY head. Look at what you've done.
You're welcome :)
wolfsrain: Ermmm....CoAS has something that i deeply dislike: enemy level scaling. Also, it has a modified Gamebryo engine (renamed, nothing new, Bethesda did the same in the games lately).
anothername: Vanilla Oblivion like scaling or vanilla Fallout3 like scaling?
Vanilla Oblivion.
I played through Pirates of the Caribbean (Sea Dogs II) in its initial (seemed very unfinished/occasionally broken) state as well as with various combinations of community mods. I had a lot of fun with that game (much more so with the mods).

That one had a huge variety of mods available that could really vary the gamepley. I still have a decent amount of storage space devoted to the mods on an external hard-drive just in case I want to play through it again.

I am going to hold wishlist this one, for now. I get the impression that Akella has been pushed around by its partners in the past and I worry about the finished-ness of these titles. There are probably mods for the other Sea Dogs titles as well, though...
Thank you very much GOG and welcome aboard Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales arrrggg ;)
anothername: Vanilla Oblivion like scaling or vanilla Fallout3 like scaling?
wolfsrain: Vanilla Oblivion.
Thx. Ouch. Worst kind of scaling. :/

... but it looks nice. And maybe it has the right mods to fix that. I'll give it a try.
Well, at least this will encourage me to finally play Sea Dogs.
docbear1975: Well, at least this will encourage me to finally play Sea Dogs.
Go for it!! ;D
Well, at least the graphics of this one seem better than those of Sea Dogs. :P
Post edited March 31, 2016 by HunchBluntley