It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A life of sin awaits within

<span class="bold">Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales</span>, an action/adventure/RPG hybrid that lets you explore all aspects of a corsair's thrilling life, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Dogs are famously friendly, loyal, and perhaps a little bit gullible creatures. Sea Dogs, however, are nothing of the sort. They lead lives full of fighting, murder, plunder, and uneasy camaraderie, usually feverish with a self-destructive gold rush. Blaze and Beatrice Sharp are born into this life, having inherited their father's swashbuckling legacy. Time to see how they measure up.

Now that they've both come of age, it's time to make their own name, carve their own path through this open-world of exciting yet dangerous opportunities. There are 16 ships to choose from, different crew members to hire, weapons to equip on your ship or take along in your land adventures, skills to pick, quests to undertake, treasures to unearth. Feel free to seek your fortune and explore the secrets of the Caribbean islands, but never let your guard down. After all, how you handle yourself during the intense naval battles and your continuous struggles with the capricious sea weather will determine whether you name will become synonymous with glorious piracy or a brief footnote in the chronicles of this brutal age of buccaneers.

Dip you cutlass into a sea of perils, treasures, and the blood of your enemies as you live your own <span class="bold">Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
How is this game related to Sea Dogs already on GOG? Sequel, stand alone expansion?
Bambusek: How is this game related to Sea Dogs already on GOG? Sequel, stand alone expansion?
It's a little bit complicated - Sea Dogs is 1st, 2nd is Pirates of the Caribbean, this one is 3rd and there is one more game - Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships.
How does this compare with Sid Meier's Pirates which just released ?
triock: It's a little bit complicated - Sea Dogs is 1st, 2nd is Pirates of the Caribbean, this one is 3rd and there is one more game - Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships.
How is this one compared to the first ?
Post edited March 31, 2016 by Splatsch
triock: It's a little bit complicated - Sea Dogs is 1st, 2nd is Pirates of the Caribbean, this one is 3rd and there is one more game - Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships.
Ok, thanks :) So GOG currently has two out of four.
As far as I can see, this game is Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales. This is the first time I see it titled "Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales". Are there any differences? If not, what is the reason behind name change?
Splatsch: How is this one compared to the first ?
Sorry, don't know, I only played Pirates of the Caribbean.
triock: Sorry, don't know, I only played Pirates of the Caribbean.
No prob' :) Thanks ;)
I guess I should retry the 1st one before I shoot for this.
If it really is just renamed Age of Pirates, then anyone pondering a purchase needs to know this: the game has close to no storyline behind it. It's just a large sandbox. It does many things right: its soundtrack is very good, especially sea themes, there's a quite interesting system of town development included you get access to once you conquer a colony - which adds a strategic element to the game (this feature is the only thing Age of Pirates 1 did better than Age of Pirates 2) and combat mechanics are interesting enough, both in sea battles and land skirmishes. Still, don't expect anything other than a sandbox.
Taro94: As far as I can see, this game is Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales. This is the first time I see it titled "Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales". Are there any differences? If not, what is the reason behind name change?
I don't think there any gameplay differences. As for the name change, I guess that the "Age of Pirates" trademark might not belong to Akella.
There are two versions of the game, when the original (let's call it Sea Dogs III) was released, it was bugged as shit and also gay. Year later they released Sea Dogs III Return Of the Legend which was a fixed version of the original + bonus content. I hope this is the fixed version, otherwise I'd not recommend it.

Now GOG has 2 of the 6 games. SD1 and SD3. Hope the SD2 comes here too but I doubt it cuz that is up to Bethesda and looks like they don't give a damn about the game. SD3 had 3 more standalone games: Chest of a dead man 2007, city of abandoned ships 2009 and to each his own 2012. So 6 totally.
Rottencorpsex: So 6 totally.
But do all of them have ENG versions?
Rottencorpsex: So 6 totally.
triock: But do all of them have ENG versions?
SD2 has, it was released for Xbox also. To each his own got the translation just a few months back. The other 2 - probably not.
Rottencorpsex: Hope the SD2 comes here too but I doubt it cuz that is up to Bethesda and looks like they don't give a damn about the game.
Not necessarily. The first game was also published by Bethesda and it's here without Bethesda's involvement. The second one, though, is a licensed title which complicates matters.
Post edited March 31, 2016 by Grargar