It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Test your skills in a fast-paced free-moving roguelite platformer set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious entity wreaked havoc on all humanity. ScourgeBringer is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 15% discount lasting until 28th October 2020, 2 PM UTC! Help the brave warrior Kyhra to explore the unknown and slash her way through ancient machines guarding the seal of her past, and maybe the redemption of humanity.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
I might have to pick this up. Gives me Monolith with swords vibes.

Has anyone tried it out yet?
I have one question that will decide me:

Does the melee attack (have the option to) autofire when using keyboard+mouse controls?
low rated
The mishmash of pastel colours instantly makes it "indie retrocool".
"Test your skills in a fast-paced free-moving roguelite platformer set in a post-apocalyptic world..."
They sure were doing box-checking in this one. Passing. Is it too hard to craft a game with level design? Apparently so. Shame, 'cause it looks pretty.
Post edited October 21, 2020 by mqstout
It's pretty ironic that GOG ignored the original Rogue, but gladly accepted the millionth "unique" roguelike.
mqstout: "Test your skills in a fast-paced free-moving roguelite platformer set in a post-apocalyptic world..."
They sure were doing box-checking in this one. Passing. Is it too hard to craft a game with level design? Apparently so. Shame, 'cause it looks pretty.
"Learn some game and level design before talking out of your own ass" comes to my mind, I don't know why.

Who rated this 1 star already and why?
Zoidberg: Who rated this 1 star already and why?
To be fair, the game's been in Early Access for a while on Steam, so plenty of people have already played it.

I don't think the game is anywhere near a 1/5 even by its harshest critics, but... you know how it is nowadays.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: It's pretty ironic that GOG ignored the original Rogue, but gladly accepted the millionth "unique" roguelike.
Roguelikes have almost nothing in common with the original Rogue to be honest.

I mean, how can you compare a turn-by-turn dungeon crawler and a real time platformer and keep a straight face?
Not my type of game, but happy as always for those looking forward to the release.

+1 to GOG and Flying Oak Games / Dear Villagers

Keep up the good work adding to the catelog!
Does the game allow the user to save at the end of the level?
I would understand the 'level design' criticism if this was a metroidvania, but it's not.
It even advertises itself in the trailer as a roguelite. It's more like Isaac or Monolith in terms of exploration.
Not my cup of tea, but then I don't even drink tea.
pkk234: I would understand the 'level design' criticism if this was a metroidvania, but it's not.
It even advertises itself in the trailer as a roguelite. It's more like Isaac or Monolith in terms of exploration.
Does this game have randomly generated areas and stuff? I don't see anything in the description, but it seems to be the case.

I love metroidvanias, I have also played tons of Isaac, but The Dead Cells recipe didn't work for me (I got tired too soon).
This looks charming and as it's been said looks more like Monolith than Neurovoider.