It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Where syndicates reign supreme...

<span class="bold">Satellite Reign</span> an open world, modern spiritual successor to Syndicate, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with full support for GOG Galaxy achievements and leaderboards! Blow past the corporate ladder at 20% off for the first week.

If you asked half the crew at GOG.com what their favorite game of all time is, a good chunk of us would say Syndicate. While the dirty cyberpunk settings and hard-as-nails gameplay did give us years and years of classic gaming to come back to, Satellite Reign may just be the breath of fresh, corporate espionage air that we've been waiting for.
Satellite Reign, from the very days of its conception, was a modern Syndicate in everything but the name. A gritty cyberpunk world ruled by malicious megacorps, and a squad of professionals prepared to take down the system. You'll get to roam around a huge and filthy, open-world city which isn't just cool, but also gives you a fantastic tactical freedom in how you tackle each mission - there is no one right way to achieve your ends. Between tons of high-tech goodness and customization, there is an ever-present Syndicate feel to the game with one unquestionable improvement - freedom, freedom is in the musty air.

For more Satellite Reign goodness, you can also pick up the Original Soundtrack, Art Book, and a prequel Novella!

Return to the Syndicate, in spirit, with <span class="bold">Satellite Reign</span>, available now - DRM-free on GOG.com The launch promo will last until Friday, September 4, 13:59 PM GMT.
Trilarion: Even if done by independent artists I would value it below a downloadable music album of a well known band which ranges between $5 and $10.
The Frozen Synapse soundtrack is available from nervous_testpilot for 10USD, and that's around where most game soundtracks are these days. Has been for quite a long time.

Older soundtracks aren't tooooo bad, and OSTs can be grapped cheaper through things like Humble Bundle, game bundles on Steam/GOG, or on sites like GameMusicBundle (which has been down for an upgrade for a while now), but 10USD is industry standard AFAIK. And this game is around 1.50 USD less than that, making it a reasonable buy if you like the music. As for a preview, try this out for size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9pHh7q81e8

It's the same artist who was in the trailer and matches what I hear in Let's Plays.
FraggingBard: ...but 10USD is industry standard AFAIK. And this game is around 1.50 USD less than that, making it a reasonable buy if you like the music. As for a preview, try this out for size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9pHh7q81e8...
If $10 is the industry standard I wonder how ever GOG could sell games plus soundtracks for $6 or even less during sales. And on the other hand I think this price is just too high to make much profit because only a few people will actually buy the product. I for example value it much less than a real music album (okay that sounds strange but it's clear what I mean). So the industry standard is quite meaningless for me or just means I will never buy a soundtrack.

Thanks for the preview. That's nice. I guess it would be even better if GOG could incoporate this into their product pages for the soundtracks.

Maybe I'm totally wrong but the only thing I can do is telling GOG that I think they are making a mistake.
Post edited September 11, 2015 by Trilarion
If some people on here are backers and want a GOG key, just send Five Live studios a message on Kickstarter asking for a key or post on the comment page of the KS and they will send you one :)
Trilarion: If $10 is the industry standard I wonder how ever GOG could sell games plus soundtracks for $6 or even less during sales. And on the other hand I think this price is just too high to make much profit because only a few people will actually buy the product.
Emphasis added to the major point there, sales are different to normal price. Normal prices are higher than ideal, sales get people to buy something at regular price though this way sellers get people to think they've succeeded at life by winning something. Keep in mind too that sales get to take advantage of economy of scale, and that the $6 for game + soundtrack is usually older games where everyone has already made their money back and then some.

And as someone in a country where a new album from someone like Taylor Swift costs around 15USD, 15 - 20, 10USD isn't that bad for something I actually want to listen to. It seems to be average for newer Bandcamp albums too, even across genres.

EDIT:

Trilarion: Maybe I'm totally wrong but the only thing I can do is telling GOG that I think they are making a mistake.
Which is entirely fair. :)
Post edited September 12, 2015 by FraggingBard
Decided not to back this game when it was on KS. Anyone have a fair balanced pro/con review of this game? (preferably a GOG user)
HMmm. Anyone bought the game and played it? Comments for people looking at buying it ?.
Niggles: HMmm. Anyone bought the game and played it? Comments for people looking at buying it ?.
I backed it and I'm playing last sector right now (the city is divided into 4 sectors). I think it's a fine game and has the Syndicate, maybe even more a Syndicate Wars feeling. It has stealth options though whereas the original Syndicate games had none.

You can make different agent builds according to your tactics. Lots of options in how you complete the missions. You can hack things, cut the power of things, bribe guards in certain spots or just take the biggest guns and shoot everything (you can actually complete the game by just shooting and destroying everything if that's your thing - no need to be stealthy).

Story is meh, but I didn't really expect anything special in that department.

Research works pretty much like in original Syndicates, you get a prototype and then pay scientists to research it. The augmentations, gear and weapons are nice, although in the first half of the game the weapons are a bit boring. Which prototype you acquire where is randomized to a certain degree so you can get lucky to get better weapons earlier.

Only real negative I have about it is that it's a bit repetitive because the four sectors are a bit similar. They look and feel different but there are some things that are the same every time. Won't say anymore than that to avoid spoilers though. :P
GoG you're giving this game no love so I will!

On sale for 50% off AND looks like it got an update with Multiplayer Co-Op if that's your bag!

Go get it, it's fun! This was my big purchase during one of the larger GoG sales (maybe last year's Winter Sale?) and was worth every penny. A few glitches here and there with the "clone" screen but not enough to take away from the game.

Plus that ending cutscene and music score was just great... ;)