It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

(∩ •̀_•́) ⊃-(===>

Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition, the most modern roguelike ASCII dungeon crawler in town, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount!

Don't be fooled by appearances, this is no DOS-era oldie. Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition is everything that you'd normally expect from a modern roguelike - randomizable challenges, streamlined turn-based combat, and a healthy dose of not taking itself too seriously. The game has won numerous awards and praise for the extremely well designed roguelike RPG elements. The twist here are the graphics - fully designed and realised with ASCII art for that little bit of retro charm, and a one-of-a-kind experience.

Use your imagination in Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition, available now DRM-free on GOG.com! The 25% launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, February 20 at 5:59 PM GMT.

<span class="bold">TWITCH STREAM SPECIAL</span>
Our very own JudasIscariot will be streaming Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition on twitch.tv/gogcom!

He's never been good with letters and things. Help him figure out just what it is that he's doing, this Saturday, February 14th at 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Konrad
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
IdontWantAuserna: (∩ •̀_•́) ⊃-(===>
What's low about an ASCI guy with a sword and shield...?
Well, maybe I ought to give the demo another try (or two (or three)). It's certainly a curious game. It's not bad from what I played, but this super retro old school approach may be a bit too extreme for me. That ancient-like interface is just... well... awkward to me in this day and age, which is really my main hurdle here. That intro and the general 'art' is kind of neat though, and I quite like the music. Guess I'll need some more time for further consideration.
Definitely not my kind of game, but nonetheless a great addition to the catalog. +1 GOG.
Pch, I'll wait for HD remake >D
truhlik: Pch, I'll wait for HD remake >D
I'll wait for the SD Demake. :D
And for those who couldn't see it, the stream was awesome.
Got this game on Steam (for free from the DEV) and it is indeed quite AWESOME. I love the ASCII art and the way the game plays. It's a little shallow as far as games go, but incredibly deep as far as ASCII art and combinations of loot are. I want to farm levels for hours on this some times to get better loot!! It's a fun fun game.
While checking the regional pricing I noticed a missing discount on the Russian price. It's cheaper (surprise!) but it doesn't have the 25% launch discount.
omega64: ASCII Art counts as graphics. :P
Ninja´d! :)
I like RPG's a lot, but I really didn't think I could get into a text-based game. With all the positive reviews (both on GOG and elsewhere), I figured what the hell, let me try the free demo. It's 12 midnight and just one more turn, now it's 1:00 AM and just one more turn, now it's 2:00 AM and just one more turn. Game lock like I haven't experienced in a while.

I'm getting the game (from GOG of course) as soon as I finish this post.

You can download the demo here:

http://blackshellgames.itch.io/srpg
Post edited February 15, 2015 by Deltafunction