It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rolling with the punches.

<span class="bold">River City Ransom: Underground</span>, a retro-styled beat'em up about kicking the pixels out of street punks, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

Each fighter has their own style, one they can gradually upgrade and forge into the ultimate street-cleaning weapon as they punch, kick, headbutt or toss the thugs stupid enough to challenge them. Roam the sprawling River City or enter the arena to test your sweet moves, then invite your friends for some punchy co-op action. Just make sure your medical plan covers teeth displacement.

The 50% discount will last until July 11, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by maladr0Id
Being a KS Backer of this game, I highly recommend it. The Combos are fun, the game is a nostalgia fest... very fun.
Now Alex has lost her mind again and is continuing her attack against the developer and anyone posting videos about the game. I just don't even know anymore. The legal quagmire she's dumping herself into is going to blow up in her face in a fairly spectacular fashion.
A new low was reached. Bandcamp pulled the soundtrack to "River City Ransom", it is complete unavailable, not only hidden. I cannot access it any more and I SHOULD OWN IT. :(

She will see this as an victory for her side and continue her fight versus "River City Ransom". I hope GOG stands it's ground, before they break in too and pull the game.

Anyone who is still interested in the game should buy it NOW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERozEKzjAfI
Anime-BlackWolf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXhx7r1nqgI

Alex Mauer is still trying to get "River City Ransom" off Steam, since she claims to not have signed documents with the publisher of the game or her fellow musicians, she made the soundtrack with.

Soundtrack is still online on bandcamp:

http://music.disasterpeace.com/album/ram-son

Very ugly situation, I would urge anyone to buy the game as fast as possible, she tries to kill her soundtrack from the game at any costs. "StarMazerr" is still "work in progress", but "River City Ransom" is complete, a new soundtrack would suck VERY much because it would be a different game.

At least today we can download the original version of the game, I hope this will not change...
Off topic , but are we talking about a woman or a man ?
Painted_Doll: Off topic , but are we talking about a woman or a man ?
A b**** ähhh sorry woman with serious problems.
Painted_Doll: Off topic , but are we talking about a woman or a man ?
Formerly a man - now a woman. Normally I would say this has nothing to with a DMCA case - but she's doing this because she thinks the world is out to get her because of her gender. She apparently can't see the vast majority of the hate she gets is because she's acting like a patent troll (except without the rights!).

Yes, she gets hate because of her gender (welcome to the internet) - but she has decided to punish the whole world based on the actions of a few despicable people. Maybe the companies that hired her didn't pay her - maybe they did. She did work-for-hire which means the companies who contracted her own all rights to the work she did for them. She can only get those rights through a court of law - assuming she didn't get paid and the courts don't deem another compromise appropriate. She has no right to DMCA anything as she doesn't have the rights.

So she abuses DMCA to strike at people who have absolutely nothing to do with her conflict. She then tries to extort them to get them to her side. People are understandably upset over this and she conflate their rage at that with transmisogyny.

She keeps digging a legal hole for herself with each false DMCA becoming a perjury charge. Soon an injunction will be filed against her and each further attempt will become even worse for her.

I would rather she get help for whatever issues are driving this rather than go to jail - I'm hoping this will happen but I'm doubtful.
tremere110: snip
Thaks for the explanation .
::sigh::

River City Ransom Underground is now gone from Steam. Alex successfully DMCA'd the crap out of it. She has a temporary restraining order preventing her from targeting Starr Mazer so she is focusing all her efforts on RCRU. Hopefully it will return soon. You might want to download a backup of RCRU now. Conatus may just remove her music from the game or remove the game themselves in fear of her madness. Starr Mazer has done something similar already.

Short list of crazy:
-She doxxed her own parents for trying to help her and blamed it on her lawyer
-She has fired her lawyer and accused him of harassing her for wanting to talk about the case
-Blamed lawyers from both sides for misgendering her because they used her full legal name in a court of law
-Sent death threats to opposing counsel and others

All this info comes from her very own twitter account - she does off the wall crazy stuff and seems to expect everyone else to see it as rational.

In short, download a backup of RCRU before her crazy gets here.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/422810/discussions/0/2217311444344457035/

The old / normal music WILL be removed. So we better download the game at once and make copies of it on as much of our harddrives as possible...
I have one question guys.Will the old version stay on our shelfs for us who bought it before they change the music,or will they change it for everyone ;)?
deja65: I have one question guys.Will the old version stay on our shelfs for us who bought it before they change the music,or will they change it for everyone ;)?
All we can do is speculate, at this point, but I'm guessing the game with the current soundtrack will be replaced by the new version on everyone's accounts, so you'd better download and backup the current GOG installer, if you wish to keep this version of the game.

If you use Galaxy, there's the possibility to roll back to a previous version of a game (I did that with Dropsy, when a patch broke the game for me, it works), but I don't think that's likely, since Conatus seems to be aiming at severing all and any involvement they had with Alex Mauer, and the current version of the game will probably become unavailable even on Galaxy roll backs.

Personally, I can't wait for the new version of the OST. After all this drama, I don't even want to risk listening to something made by Alex Mauer, because I feel like I'm supporting her, which I definitely don't want to be doing. So, I will be overjoyed when Conatus rolls out the new version of River City Ransom: Underground with the new soundtrack.
Anime-BlackWolf: A new low was reached. Bandcamp pulled the soundtrack to "River City Ransom", it is complete unavailable, not only hidden. I cannot access it any more and I SHOULD OWN IT. :(
Wait, they removed it also from your account?
Big -1 for Bandcamp, if it's true.
And the curtains have fallen for the old soundtrack with the release of the new update on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/422810/announcements/detail/2667682841693803199

Best to backup your installer before it's too late.
Post edited November 19, 2017 by Grargar
The GOG game library doesn't notify that this game has updated, but going into the game's changelog indicates that this does have today's update, so I guess the music is different here too.

EDIT: Yep, new music.
Post edited November 21, 2017 by jcoa
deleted