It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Set off on an epic Egyptian adventure into the Giza Sphinx & Great Pyramid—the last of the seven ancient wonders. Explore secret chambers, discover hidden tombs, unearth sacred relics, & unravel an ancient Riddle, entombed for centuries by the ancient Egyptians!

The cult classic Riddle of the Sphinx™ The Awakening (Enhanced Edition) is now available on GOG.COM along with a 25% discount on the main game and all its DLC’s lasting until 10th August 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
GOG's rating system is biased and broken. This 'Be first to rate' game is defaulted to 5/5, as are all new games. Since the overall score is an average, beginning it at 5 hugely biases its score to be artificially high. And makes nonsense of the 'sort by user rating' system.
Attachments:
Swedrami: Better late than never.
Hope the other submissions GoG's been sleeping on / has ignored / hasn't properly reviewed yet are not too far off either (Realms of Antiquity, Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander, etc)
Yeah, Realms of Antiquity absolutely deserves a place here on GOG too. It's a brillant RPG.
Swedrami: Better late than never.
Hope the other submissions GoG's been sleeping on / has ignored / hasn't properly reviewed yet are not too far off either (Realms of Antiquity, Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander, etc)
Wolfram_von_Thal: Yeah, Realms of Antiquity absolutely deserves a place here on GOG too. It's a brillant RPG.
I think it's on Itch
borisburke: GOG's rating system is biased and broken. This 'Be first to rate' game is defaulted to 5/5, as are all new games. Since the overall score is an average, beginning it at 5 hugely biases its score to be artificially high. And makes nonsense of the 'sort by user rating' system.
+1 Good catch!
Tarhiel: It will come, don´t worry ;)
allope: But be sure to buy the original while you still can...just in case!
I have bought it right on the release day :)
Post edited August 03, 2021 by Tarhiel
pereh: Both GOG and Steam say that it needs Windows 10 to run. Does anybody know if it also runs on Win 7 64-bit?
No comments found about this on Steam so far.

Thanks.
+1
pereh: Both GOG and Steam say that it needs Windows 10 to run. Does anybody know if it also runs on Win 7 64-bit?
No comments found about this on Steam so far.

Thanks.
At launch time the game was advertised to run over windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64. But according to a long post in Steam about a black Screen loading the game the developers tried to find the bug and solve it via patch. Apparenly it was a bug only appearing in Windows 7.
Finally the developers couldn't fix the possible bug, and deprecated the win 7 x64 requirement to be in the safe side. I ignore how common that problem was in reality. Maybe it is a hit or miss, maybe not. Anyway now the official requirements are Windows 10 x64 only.

Greetings
Post edited August 03, 2021 by Gudadantza
¿Is this game Myst-alike?
CASBiGIS: ¿Is this game Myst-alike?
I'd say so. Even the music looks somewhat similar.
GOG.com: Set off on an epic Egyptian adventure into the Giza Sphinx & Great Pyramid—the last of the seven ancient wonders. Explore secret chambers, discover hidden tombs, unearth sacred relics, & unravel an ancient Riddle, entombed for centuries by the ancient Egyptians!
(inspired by trailer)
Get your hands dirty with riddles
Have no sand in your mouth nor shoes.
Crosmando: For a second I thought this was the rerelease of Powerslave :(
Just read in the same article that the DooM64 remake has been released in 2019, so what I want to know is: what is it not here already!?

C'mon GoG, bring it over here already, 'cause there's no way I'll buy it on steam!

Still, it's good to see this oldie come here!
Post edited August 04, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
Crosmando: For a second I thought this was the rerelease of Powerslave :(
I won't hold my breath.
I voted for classic in the wishlist. I didn't know about this remaster. It doesn't look good. It looks worse than the original. They don't even offer the original as an extra. It can still be found on Big Fish games.
Oh, and all these DLCs for a 20+ years game? 5 euros for a walkthough?
Have to pay extra for the books in game? Those are supposed to give depth to your setting.
Post edited August 04, 2021 by Dogmaus
Mafwek: "What walks on four feet in the morning, two in the afternoon and three at night?"
An man. Baby crawls, man walks, old man uses cane.
MarkoH01: Hmmmm

"Most welcome of all is the built-in hint guide, as Riddle of the Sphinx poses a considerable challenge."

Now it is a DLC that you have to pay for?
I don't know what version AdventureGamers was playing, because the original didn't have any hint books or guides, either ingame or out. I remember they released one separately later, but AFAIR it was a printed one. This was back in the day when printed strategy guides were all the rage. (And yes, it was the same as the one here, called "Book of the Dead Ends.")