It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

24/7 360 NO-SCOPE

<span class="bold">REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR</span> , a rotary bullet hell, is available DRM-free for Windows on GOG.com. You can get the game 75% off as part of the SHMUP Attack Pack, or individually with a 60% discount.

<span class="bold">REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR</span> is a bullet hell in which enemies aren't just in front of you - they surround you from all directions. If you want to survive, you'll do your share of spinning, twisting and revolving all around the cylindrical death-tracks. A neon-blue universe and blood-red laserbeams become your concert of stylish, combo-based destruction. <span class="bold">REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR</span> offers bonus mini-missions to help you master the game's mechanics, and then challenge you with the most ridiculous scenarios. The game includes full support for keyboard and gamepad controls.

This release of the game also includes the official soundtrack as a free bonus goodie, available in FLAC and 320kbps MP3.

Spin yourself right round, baby, in <span class="bold">REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR</span> - available now DRM-free on GOG.com 60% or 75% off until Sunday, April 19, at 12:59 PM GMT.
IronArcturus: Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the "Can not connect to the server." error message that pops up every time the game is started? It shouldn't need to go online for the singleplayer part.
I'm getting the same error. I even tried disabling the leaderboard updater in the options, but that doesn't fix the issue. So far I haven't been able to figure out a way to avoid the error while offline.
EnforcerSunWoo: I'm getting the same error. I even tried disabling the leaderboard updater in the options, but that doesn't fix the issue. So far I haven't been able to figure out a way to avoid the error while offline.
Yeah, I disabled the leaderboard as well, but that didn't fix the problem. I hope there is some way to stop that error message.
ReynardFox: Again I ask, how does this game handle internet leaderboards?
You create a in-game profile (just entering in your name or online alias, no GOG Galaxy or Steam), and any score that you make in a run you have the option to upload it to the rankings on the server the developer (or publisher) set up (as well as an option to replay it). Pretty much how the Steam version went overall, no Steamworks or anything like that, just an optional connection to their server that was set up for rankings (for multiple versions of the game too). Added an attachment as well (chances are I probably made it higher on there, but I can't remember what name I used for those runs).

IronArcturus: Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the "Can not connect to the server." error message that pops up every time the game is started? It shouldn't need to go online for the singleplayer part.
You can still play single player (there's no multiplayer) without a connection. I pretty sure it just checks whether or not it's connected and updates the rankings (assuming there are any updates, and you can update them in-game as well when you are connected), and to see what version you're running. It's still annoying though, but you can still play offline just fine (trying it myself).
Attachments:
rankings.jpg (454 Kb)
MarkoH01: Try Crimzon Clover from the same bundle. I really have a blast with this one (and wrote a review for it on GOG).
Revolver because of the turning aspect is imo much more difficult - and nearly unplayable with a keybord at all since you need five addidional keys for this game (two to control the turning of the world and three fire buttons). Also the color design of Revolver is hard on the eyes and not everyones cup of tea. In both game I love the aspect of rewatch your plays to study a better tactic for certain areas.
Thank you for the recommendation. I might give it a try.
RayRay13000: You create a in-game profile (just entering in your name or online alias, no GOG Galaxy or Steam), and any score that you make in a run you have the option to upload it to the rankings on the server the developer (or publisher) set up (as well as an option to replay it). Pretty much how the Steam version went overall, no Steamworks or anything like that, just an optional connection to their server that was set up for rankings (for multiple versions of the game too). Added an attachment as well (chances are I probably made it higher on there, but I can't remember what name I used for those runs).
Nice, thanks for the info. Off I go to download it. :)
PaterAlf: Never heard of this series, but I'd like to give it a try. Any place where I can find an English version of it (DRM-free)?
JudasIscariot: Playism or Active Gaming Media just recently announced that the Touhou series would be getting English versions a couple of days ago so they may not be out anywhere DRM free but that's just me talking without further googling :)
I thought it was just Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character getting a port to English (officially). I absolutely love the Touhou games and it's a good choice (better than Touhou 13), but I don't think any other ones are being done officially as of yet. Either way, you can always get the physical copies from JList/JBox for anyone interested, and for a rather good range of prices too (none higher than $35 and as low as $16 or $19.50).

If they ever came to GOG I would buy them all in half a heart beat, especially if they came with the soundtracks. To those interested I recommend getting your hands on copies if you like Danmaku/Bullet Hell. As others have stated Crimson Clover is another really good one. They aren't easy to come by but I also recommend TouhouVania (Legend of the Scarlet Devil Castle 1 and 2) which are platformers but they are really fun. ^_^

As for this game, I am so tempted and the price can't be beat right now. :P
Yesterday I tried the Revolver demo again and I really cannot find a good way to play this game with a keyboard because there are simply too many buttons to use. Did anybody play this with a keyboard at all and which keys did you use?
MarkoH01: Yesterday I tried the Revolver demo again and I really cannot find a good way to play this game with a keyboard because there are simply too many buttons to use. Did anybody play this with a keyboard at all and which keys did you use?
I just downloaded the demo and tried a quick round, and used these keys:

D shoot
C laser
S overdrive
A turn left
V turn right

F ok
Z cancel

They work fine enough, but I ended up never using lasers nor overdrive, since it takes a lot of concentration to turn left and right when needed.
EnforcerSunWoo: I'm getting the same error. I even tried disabling the leaderboard updater in the options, but that doesn't fix the issue. So far I haven't been able to figure out a way to avoid the error while offline.
IronArcturus: Yeah, I disabled the leaderboard as well, but that didn't fix the problem. I hope there is some way to stop that error message.
Finally had the time to properly look into the issue and it was quite an easy fix. Inside the REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR folder is an exe called "Config_EN". Load that up and uncheck the "Check Update" box under "Start-up Activity". That will prevent the game from searching for a connection upon start-up.
IronArcturus: Yeah, I disabled the leaderboard as well, but that didn't fix the problem. I hope there is some way to stop that error message.
EnforcerSunWoo: Finally had the time to properly look into the issue and it was quite an easy fix. Inside the REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR folder is an exe called "Config_EN". Load that up and uncheck the "Check Update" box under "Start-up Activity". That will prevent the game from searching for a connection upon start-up.
Yes! Thank you so much for figuring that out! :) I had no idea why the game kept throwing an error message whenever it didn't detect an internet connection!
After thinking much about it I finally decided to buy the game. I think it is important to notice that this game is quite different (in a good way) from the free demo version. They added quite a lot including a much better keyboard support which made me finally enjoy this game even on keyboard (I don't like controllers - sorry) and a complete English translation.

However at least on XP there is a little bug they did not fix. I have my resolution on 1280x720 and starting the config file in this resolution won't show me the save button to save the changed configurations. This works only works after setting resolution to 1920x1080 for a moment until you have saved the settings.
Post edited April 18, 2015 by MarkoH01