It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time for your rice to glory!

<span class="bold">The Emperor's Challenge</span> DLC, a fresh expedition with four new explorers who like their adventures extra-eastern, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

A temperamental science prodigy, an alluring dancer, a grouchy scout, and an unstable scrapper - they're all coming to face Indonesia's exotic challenges. Chief amongst them The Emperor's Challenge, which will pit you against the insufferable Rivaleux in a battle of wits, skills, and love for expensive porcelain.

Get the base game for -50% and the <span class="bold">More to Explore</span> expansion for -34% until May 17, 5:00 PM UTC. If you already own both, you can complete your collection by getting The Emperor's Challenge 20% off.

Renowned Explorers: International Society is now also available on GOG Connect until May 24 and it just received a pretty hefty content update to boot!

Explore the trailer.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by maladr0Id
More Renowned Explorers is never a bad thing :)
It's also on GOG Connect (from Steam), woo-hoo!

Wonder if the DLCs sync though, anyone tried?
Post edited May 10, 2017 by nszigeti
Cool, i don't own the base game so may as well get both at the same time, in for a penny and all that jazz.
Well, it's the first time, when GOG connect doesn't work for me. I own the base game on steam, and it says I'm not eligible. Weird.
keiran.684: Well, it's the first time, when GOG connect doesn't work for me. I own the base game on steam, and it says I'm not eligible. Weird.
Try again later. You may want to use refresh if multiple tries do not work: https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
nszigeti: It's also on GOG Connect (from Steam), woo-hoo!

I have the base game on Steam (acquired from Humble Bundle) and bought the More to Explore DLC at release because I liked the game and wanted to support it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem DLC for this game syncs. It may be likely that the DLC isn't eligible for GOG connect. It would not make sense right now for GOG to have the base game and all DLC on connect at the same time they're on sale at Steam. People would just go buy it from Steam and get it on GOG for free.

It also could be a limitation on the Steam API. Steam is kind of weird when it comes to showing owned DLC on your account. DLC doesn't always show up in your owned games list. Most of the time it doesn't, but sometimes it does. If you were to look at my owned games on my Steam profile, the More to Explorer DLC doesn't show up there. However, you searched for Fallout New Vegas, it would show three of the DLC, but I actually own all five of them. If I go to the store page for either game it does show that I own the DLC though.

jimnms: I have the base game on Steam (acquired from Humble Bundle) and bought the More to Explore DLC at release because I liked the game and wanted to support it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem DLC for this game syncs. It may be likely that the DLC isn't eligible for GOG connect. It would not make sense right now for GOG to have the base game and all DLC on connect at the same time they're on sale at Steam. People would just go buy it from Steam and get it on GOG for free.

It also could be a limitation on the Steam API. Steam is kind of weird when it comes to showing owned DLC on your account. DLC doesn't always show up in your owned games list. Most of the time it doesn't, but sometimes it does. If you were to look at my owned games on my Steam profile, the More to Explorer DLC doesn't show up there. However, you searched for Fallout New Vegas, it would show three of the DLC, but I actually own all five of them. If I go to the store page for either game it does show that I own the DLC though.
Good to know, thanks.
Makes sense, from the sales point of view, was hoping otherwise nevertheless.
Anyhow will prob grab the two DLCs on steam then, while they're on sale.
Now THIS is why Connect works!
I'm unfamiliar with this game so I looked at the sale, briefly considered it but thought I could spend my $20 better elsewhere, and passed it up. But something told me to look at this page, and here you are telling me it's on Connect. So, I fire up Connect to see what else (if anything) is there, and it turns out I already own the base game on Steam but have never played it (thanks Humble!). So now, I get the game over here...and I can justify spending $10 on GOG for the DLC when, a few minutes ago, I wasn't going to invest in any of it.

Cheers, GOG!
Post edited May 11, 2017 by SpiderFighter
Huh. I didn't even know there was a first DLC bit.
Another DLC? Good for me, another game goes off my wishlist, and I'll save some money. I'm not buying this business model, sorry. (All the best to you guys who don't mind, this is just my personal preference, as I'm a very 20th century person.)
high rated
Wottie: Another DLC? Good for me, another game goes off my wishlist, and I'll save some money. I'm not buying this business model, sorry. (All the best to you guys who don't mind, this is just my personal preference, as I'm a very 20th century person.)
So you've never bought an Expansion in the 20th century?
Like Starcraft Broodwar?
Or Baldurs Gate : Tales of the Sword Coast?
Or Quake 2 The Reckoning?
and there are many more games which had that.

If you don't like Expansions to games you like, fine, but don't let the label "dlc" bring you to the "knowledge" that a game/developer is bad.

The Problem here is, that the term "dlc" is used for everything which comes post launch(or sometimes even on Day 1).
Not every Dlc is worth the money (things like the infamous horse armor dlc for example).
But not every dlc is either money grabbing little visual stuff nor anything else useless.
Some dlc are really really great Expansions to a game.
Just like the Expansions we know from the 90ths.

Dlc ≠ Dlc.
There are many variations in size, price etc.
And the business model for Dlc is the same as it was in the 20th century.
Its just a new label for expansions.
And like in the old days one should check the contents of an expansion before deciding if it is
worth the time/money or not. ;)
Post edited May 11, 2017 by Godfather101
Thursday's new game ?
Post edited May 11, 2017 by gamesfreak64
Wottie: Another DLC? Good for me, another game goes off my wishlist, and I'll save some money. I'm not buying this business model, sorry. (All the best to you guys who don't mind, this is just my personal preference, as I'm a very 20th century person.)
Godfather101: So you've never bought an Expansion in the 20th century?
Like Starcraft Broodwar?
Or Baldurs Gate : Tales of the Sword Coast?
Or Quake 2 The Reckoning?
and there are many more games which had that.

If you don't like Expansions to games you like, fine, but don't let the label "dlc" bring you to the "knowledge" that a game/developer is bad.

The Problem here is, that the term "dlc" is used for everything which comes post launch(or sometimes even on Day 1).
Not every Dlc is worth the money (things like the infamous horse armor dlc for example).
But not every dlc is either money grabbing little visual stuff nor anything else useless.
Some dlc are really really great Expansions to a game.
Just like the Expansions we know from the 90ths.

Dlc ≠ Dlc.
There are many variations in size, price etc.
And the business model for Dlc is the same as it was in the 20th century.
Its just a new label for expansions.
And like in the old days one should check the contents of an expansion before deciding if it is
worth the time/money or not. ;)
AH! thats the magic word: DLC or better and properly called expansions like baldurs had and really added something, thats a whole different bal game.
Usually DLC = easy and fast money, the sad thing is, they even start to limit the games by not adding to much , so they can sell it as DLC and thats the bad part.

Old games : 70s-80-s and early 90s usually had a game that if there was DLC or addons/ expansions the main game was already extremely well: red alert, baldurs, and all the famouse old good classic games.
So a DLC addon / expansion whatver they call it was usually worth buying as soon as it was released, 20th century is usally quick money making.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by gamesfreak64
Yeah, and thats the point, nowadays the word DLC means both. The easy and fast money for visual crap BUT also the Addon/Expansion.

And on the Point of this Dlc here for Renowned Explorers its the latter.
Its a full fledged Expansion with much much content.
Just like the first Dlc ("more to Explore") was.
And its also not a day 1 Dlc, they worked 1 year on all the content.

So i don't think its right to critizise this Developer for making an expansion, just because everything added after release now is called Dlc.
Its not a horse armor thing, its a full fledged Expansion. ;)