It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The fast and the colorful.

Redout: Solar Challenge Edition is now available DRM-free, 50% off until December 5th, 2PM UTC.

Ready, set, GOG!
That's right, this love letter to the rad arcade racers of old is finally on GOG.com as the timed-exclusive Solar Challenge Edition, which includes all DLCs, bells, whistles, and colors known to man. Diverse environments, dozens of tracks, plus the option to face your friends in local split-screen multiplayer!
This seems a great deal, if the devs will maintain their promises.

Too bad I suck at racing games lol.
Loger13: It's ok.

-Doctor, everyone ignores me!
-Next!
:)

Maybe still answer something?
This post: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_redout_solar_challenge_edition_72e22/post54
drowne: Sorry again ;)

LAN multiplayer is not possible at this time as the current implementation still needs the Steam apis to function. I know it's dumb, but that's the situation :(

As per the soundtrack, as I said above, we are still discussing it with GOG, hope to provide news pretty soon!
I didn’t mean REPLACE the current implementation, but ADDITIONAL network modes (LAN / Direct Connect). In any case, you, as a developer, know better. It is a pity, of course, that the true DRM-FREE realization of MP (which could also potentially provide crossplay between services) is not available.
In any case, as I said, I will buy in the current state. (DONE)
And thanks for the answer!
Post edited December 01, 2018 by Loger13
Bought! Looks tasty, and no I don't care for online multiplayer.

bred94: Any ideas about how this game support the different existing controllers ?? And if there is possibilities to fix the support with any software like x360ce ??

I may be alone to think like that but I'm tired about all these games nowadays which cannot support simple gamepad... (noname, thrustmaster or any others) I refuse to buy official gamepad and to participate in the locking that consist of support for only certain gamepad...

Guess I have to skip this game, that seems to be a nice one...
You can't expect new Windows games to keep supporting the old DirectInput. XInput is the new controller API standard on Windows.

I don't know which all PC gamepads support XInput, but it is not restricted only to Microsoft-gamepads. For instance, my Logitech F310 gamepad supports XInput just fine, and I am expecting it to work ok with this game too.
Post edited December 01, 2018 by timppu
I just wanna race! ... bought, and it's ... *laughs out loud manically*

No game page on the forums though...?
Couldn't get my old Speedlink controller work right away, wondering if some tinkering is in order...

Ah I ordered a Logitech F710 some time ago, at least that should work...
Post edited December 01, 2018 by superstande
Any suggestions on getting X360CE to run the game?

I'd suggest the store list Xinput joysticks needed to play with a controller.
Where are the Redout Forums on GoG? The search reveal zero results.

Also too bad the game only has 1vs1 split screen multiplayer. Would be cool to have modes with AI on top too.
Post edited December 04, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: Instantly put this on my wishlist, because, yaaay, racing game!

Then I read about the missing multiplayer. Then I read the devs promise that the DLC will be cheaper here to make up for the fact that there's no multiplayer.

So, basically he's saying: Here, buy some more stuff for my gutted game.

But the cherry on top is the dev's hint that if they sell enough copies on gog, they "can definitely discuss" restoring the cut multiplayer.

Definitely discuss, huh? What kind of moron do you take me for?

A little advice for the future: If you want your game to do well, make sure it's feature complete. I get it, Galaxy integration is probably a right pain in the arse so I get why a dev would want to choose the easy way out. But don't try to blackmail potential customers into buying the game with vague promises of "if enough of you buy, we just might restore cut content", all that does is make you look bad (on top of already looking bad for selling a gutted game).
Should I do a carbon copy message of yours and change it just a bit so that it says that I want the multiplayer without galaxy client because I hate the galaxy client?
Do you think that would be fair?
Yes, multiplayer without galaxy is usually instant buy for me no matter what game, because it means I can play it with my friends and then every game is good.
BTW, on Steam you can play the game with older Dinput controllers as I was doing just that. I didn't realize the controller support was possible on Steam because of its controller emulation with is sorely lacking in Galaxy.
Paratech2008: BTW, on Steam you can play the game with older Dinput controllers as I was doing just that. I didn't realize the controller support was possible on Steam because of its controller emulation with is sorely lacking in Galaxy.
Steam is the best thing to happen to controllers for PC gaming... the sheer amount of flexibility and customization and range of controllers supported so they all "just work" is mind blowing... it will be a long time before Galaxy would even come close to it, but I doubt it ever will
bred94: Any ideas about how this game support the different existing controllers ?? And if there is possibilities to fix the support with any software like x360ce ??

I may be alone to think like that but I'm tired about all these games nowadays which cannot support simple gamepad... (noname, thrustmaster or any others) I refuse to buy official gamepad and to participate in the locking that consist of support for only certain gamepad...

Guess I have to skip this game, that seems to be a nice one...
drowne: I can confirm x360ce works perfectly fine with Redout.

F_Slim: I would like to add that I would also be willing to pay extra for the soundtrack. I just don't want to end up without the option at all (like with "Rise of the Triad 2013" for example)!
drowne: Thanks for the support. We are sorting out GOG support to non-gameplay DLCs, but I don't think it will take a long time to get an official answer about those (soundtrack and artbook, that is).
Loger13: Yep. Dev totally ignore my post with questions.
drowne: Definitely not intentionally, sorry man!
Hello drowne,

I just installed the game and tried with "x360ce_x64" and it doesn't work ! could you explain how to make it work correctly please ?
I configured correctly my two gamepad, on x360ce_x64 (which add "xinput1_3.dll" and another file of configuration) . All three files are located in the game's directory and the game does not recognize anything unfortunately.. I also tried rename xinput1_3.dll to 1_1 / 1_2 / 1_4 and 9_1_0 as mentionned on x360ce.com without results...

PS : also tried with x360ce (no 64b) an it doesn't work better..
Post edited December 03, 2018 by bred94
bred94: I just installed the game and tried with "x360ce_x64" and it doesn't work ! could you explain how to make it work correctly please ?
I configured correctly my two gamepad, on x360ce_x64 (which add "xinput1_3.dll" and another file of configuration) . All three files are located in the game's directory and the game does not recognize anything unfortunately..
You have to put the xinput1_3.dll and the x360ce.ini into Redout\redout\Binaries\Win64
Another possibility is the program Xpadder. I bought it some years ago, I can't remember how much was the registered version but not a lot... It lets you use the controller by means of configuring the keyboard to it.
I've tested it with RedOut and it works quite well, I have this very cheap and old controller that usually otherwise doesn't work out-of-the-box with newer games.
bred94: I just installed the game and tried with "x360ce_x64" and it doesn't work ! could you explain how to make it work correctly please ?
I configured correctly my two gamepad, on x360ce_x64 (which add "xinput1_3.dll" and another file of configuration) . All three files are located in the game's directory and the game does not recognize anything unfortunately..
F_Slim: You have to put the xinput1_3.dll and the x360ce.ini into Redout\redout\Binaries\Win64
Ok thank's, I've done what you told and it works great !
Put x360ce_x64 in the game's directory, do the configuration and copy the xinput1_3.dll and x360ce.ini in the "win64" directory..
The game seems pretty hard*, on the "redout" difficulty, on the first track and with the first "car", I always finish last with 11 or 12 seconds late.

Edit : * the mode "exhibition" (course rapide) is pretty hard at the beginning but fortunately the career mode is ok :) (I didn't tested it before)
Post edited December 06, 2018 by bred94