It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make politics great again.

<span class="bold">Realpolitiks</span>, a grand strategy that lets you lead your country to the top of the world using any means necessary, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% launch discount.

The new world order is upon us. As the leader of your proud nation you must deal with diplomatic affairs, financial crises, terrorism, and espionage before you can become a force to be reckoned with. Or reconciled with.

The 30% discount will last until May 15, 15:00 PM UTC.

Vote with your eyes, watch the trailer!
Post edited May 08, 2017 by maladr0Id
I did look into this game but.... Aliens?! Zombies?!!!!! Nah, not for me.
I agree with one thing said on the title page - "excellent introduction to the world of grand strategy". Indeed streamlined mechanics allowes to play the game without thorough recearch and hour long tutorial like in Paradox's strategices.

The problem however is that after you learn all facets of the gameplay (wich won't take much time), the game becomes rather routine - start this project, wait, make some choices in events (if they happen). Also the game is pretty abstract - there are no realistic resources or political parties. Just some stats for your country and regions that are only approximate some real life things. So you literally can't become a leader of a nation, because there are no characters in this game. (((
Looked interesting, so i checked out the steam demo which isnt like the full game but the performance of the game demo was bad, 46 to 50% continues cpu usage even at the intro screen.

Seems the game is made with unity, which is not bad, except 89% of the games arent optimised and 90% of the developers don't seem bother to fix it, at steam there are 2 maybe 3 unity games i own that have fixed the v-sync problem which is not fixable by adapting your cpu/gpu settings.

Anyway it is a little bit sad that many unitygames just dont get v-sync fixes in the game code itself.
Dark Quest 2 (steam game) is one of the very few that fixed the vsync by adding an option in the game menu, others dont seem to care about bad cpu performance or have the latest and fastest pc.

Game performance is very important.
Post edited May 09, 2017 by gamesfreak64
Silverhawk170485: Like almost normal for Paradox games, this game has some issues left too, although they are not gamebreaking. Lets hope it won't be like the everlasting contruction zone of Paradox games.
This isn't a Paradox game (which lets me hope for not getting an endless DLC spam for it)? Or did I miss something?
Silverhawk170485: Like almost normal for Paradox games, this game has some issues left too, although they are not gamebreaking. Lets hope it won't be like the everlasting contruction zone of Paradox games.
eiii: This isn't a Paradox game (which lets me hope for not getting an endless DLC spam for it)? Or did I miss something?
Yes, I know that this game isn't from Paradox. I only hope that they wouldn't do the same Paradox does.

I didn't mean only DLCs. Also things like errors in translations, where the community has to fix them. Or several bugs still present in old Paradox games like the gamebreaking bug in the For the Glory tutorial where you get stuck and have to edit a file by yourself to fix it. I never had a Paradox game where Paradox ever ironed out all bugs or brought out a highly polished game. It's always like having a half finished house (everlasting contruction zone). Either you accept having a half finished house or you finish it by yourself.
vsr: LOL.
Emmanuel Macron lies on the table, looking at USA on planet Earth globe.
And Vladimir Putin is chilling on a couch, playing this game. Amusing. :D

What devs are suggesting? Macron is an American puppet? And Putin is a real player? :]
Other loading screens of politicians playing this game include Merkel at a desk and Obama on a train with a backpack. I'd also look closely at the smaller details in these pictures. I find 'em charming.

As for the game itself: Please tell me there are more diplomatic options readily available than the demo provides? If so, it may well be worth it for a less intense grand strategy experience for a change. I prefer Paradox's offerings, but I also enjoy other approaches to playing a country - the Total War games, the Democracy series (despite its depiction of "the opposing party" being a sad joke), Fate of the World (despite it being quite frustrating/depressing), the good ol' Civilization franchise - so why not add yet another?
low rated
Primo_Victoria: Mo'slem, mo'problem.
richlind33: Political jabs here and there are OK in my book, but not to the point that you're derailing threads.

Thanks.
I understand your concerns.
vsr: LOL.
Emmanuel Macron lies on the table, looking at USA on planet Earth globe.
And Vladimir Putin is chilling on a couch, playing this game. Amusing. :D

What devs are suggesting? Macron is an American puppet? And Putin is a real player? :]
Years_of_Chaos: I think they mean Macron is a effeminate fa@@ot and Putin has some ballz.
Macron is happily married to a female mummy, still better than Michael Obama.
Post edited May 10, 2017 by Primo_Victoria
Silverhawk170485: Yes, I know that this game isn't from Paradox. I only hope that they wouldn't do the same Paradox does.
Ah, sorry, you only were comparing it to the Paradox games and I misunderstood you. :)
Can you play as Best Korea?
Themken: I did look into this game but.... Aliens?! Zombies?!!!!! Nah, not for me.
Seriously? I was thinking of getting it to scratch the itch left by CK 2 and EU4 but that puts me off. Is there any way to disable those features?
Themken: I did look into this game but.... Aliens?! Zombies?!!!!! Nah, not for me.
Siegor: Seriously? I was thinking of getting it to scratch the itch left by CK 2 and EU4 but that puts me off. Is there any way to disable those features?
I have no idea, I only saw that in a Youtube video. Might be in a single scenario, might be a mod, I do not know. Probably not in all game scenarios. Odd actually that I find it off-putting as I am not averse to space per se as I have loads of space games.
low rated
richlind33: Political jabs here and there are OK in my book, but not to the point that you're derailing threads.

Thanks.
Primo_Victoria: I understand your concerns.
Years_of_Chaos: I think they mean Macron is a effeminate fa@@ot and Putin has some ballz.
Primo_Victoria: Macron is happily married to a female mummy, still better than Michael Obama.
Hell no! neither are worthy.
Siegor: Seriously? I was thinking of getting it to scratch the itch left by CK 2 and EU4 but that puts me off. Is there any way to disable those features?
Its just a scenario. Nothing else.

The same just a scenario in game.
Post edited May 10, 2017 by Matruchus
One of many? Then it is alright. A bit of [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melange_(fictional_drug)]spice[/url] is good to have.
Primo_Victoria: Mo'slem, mo'problem.

Thanks.
Every one is entitled to their opinion but there is a time and place and that isn't a gaming forum.