It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jump into a spooky 3D platformer with a colorful cartoon setting that evokes a unique Halloween spirit. Pumpkin Jack is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 20% discount lasting until 2nd November 2020, 2 PM UTC. Become the Mythical Pumpkin Lord and travel through lurid landscapes in levels crafted with vibrant color palettes.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Finally it got released! Instabought! (please, add achievements!)
low rated
Not interested in game, looks too devilish & it has no achievements. ^

edit: [I have sent a ticket about achievements] not very good place to talk about it here, right?

yh Devilish you know
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/devilish
when something is bad and attractive
for me it is too bad and too attractive same time
of course, it can be treated as an advantage
there you go with a game : )
have fun!
Post edited October 24, 2020 by user deleted
Fantastic, instabuy, loved the demo.
high rated
Seb7: Not interested in game, looks too devilish & it has no achievements. ^
ALL games should have achievements, like I mean ALL.
please hire a group of people to reconstruct missing achievements in 1/3 games I play here.
It's not that serious, achievements are a waste of time and usually not even worth it. devilish? You are strange lol.
It's funny how many people got butthurt over the lack of achievements. I don't remember old PC games and SNES and Genesis got achievement in it. All my achievements are bragging right to my friends from finishing the game. Too much people want a fake pat in the back everytime they doing something in video games and proof of that.

"LOOK! I'm collecting all 1000 Chestnuts! I'm so good at this game!"

So what, so you're a bloody squirrel, hurray? Here some pity claps.
low rated
Looks nice....but cannot afford to spend so much on one game, so wishlisted for now.

==============================================
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Not considering buying this until if & when they either add Galaxy achievements, and/or reduce the price to 90% off their MSRP to compensate for treating GOG customers like second-class citizens.
90% off just because GOG customers don't get those silly flashing icons with text on the screen? Really?

Also fwiw some might see lack of achievements as being treated better than customers on other platforms.....some of the same people who probably care about "silly" things like: extra game content, bug fixes, etc.

===========
Bigghu: I was interested in the game, but it has no achievements.
So not having them is that big of a deal breaker?

(I mean besides the slightly high price tag)

(Sidenote: I have to wonder, do people play games for the games anymore or just the achievements? o.0 :\)

===========

RedRagan: It's funny how many people got butthurt over the lack of achievements. I don't remember old PC games and SNES and Genesis got achievement in it. All my achievements are bragging right to my friends from finishing the game. Too much people want a fake pat in the back everytime they doing something in video games and proof of that.
It's also "funny" how people don't get that such things work on similar principles as random lootboxes....i.e. feeding off an addiction of some sort.....yet people seem to be ok with them more, but not so much with lootboxes.

Odd huh?
Post edited October 25, 2020 by GamesRater
GamesRater: So not having them is that big of a deal breaker?

(I mean besides the slightly high price tag)

(Sidenote: I have to wonder, do people play games for the games anymore or just the achievements? o.0 :\)
I like games and achievements. If this makes no difference to you, expect a promotion and be happy.
Post edited October 25, 2020 by Bigghu
Alexim:
Agreed.

To me, it is not a good prognostic sign if a developer is not willing to put in the relatively minimal effort required to implement the achievements.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would assume that games where the dev did not bother are statistically more likely to either be behind or lacking in updates.
RedRagan: So what, so you're a bloody squirrel, hurray? Here some pity claps.
Do you really want to hug me?
Do you really want https://momsecrets.co/homemade-pumpkin-jam/ ?

Don`t do pity claps, hit like a man ^ ¿ are you a Pumpkin Jack or a pumpkin jam ?
Attachments:
Post edited October 27, 2020 by user deleted
My thoughts on Java:

package com.gog;

public class Main {
public static void main(String[] args) {
BuyPumpkinJack myPumpkingJack = new BuyPumpkinJack();

myPumpkingJack.buyPumpkingJack(myPumpkingJack.getGameFeaturesParity());
}
}

package com.gog;

public class BuyPumpkinJack {

private boolean no_money, buyPumpkingJack;
private boolean gameFeaturesParity;

public BuyPumpkinJack(){
this.no_money = true;//There is no money for this game.
this.buyPumpkingJack = false; //Don't buy because treat us like second-class citizens
this.gameFeaturesParity = false;//No achievements like other stores.
}

public boolean getGameFeaturesParity(){

return this.gameFeaturesParity;

}

public void setGameFeaturesParity(boolean gameFeaturesParity){
this.gameFeaturesParity = gameFeaturesParity;

if(gameFeaturesParity){
this.buyPumpkingJack = true;
this.no_money = false;
}else {
this.buyPumpkingJack = false;
this.no_money = true;
}
}

public void buyPumpkingJack(boolean gameFeaturesParity){

if(gameFeaturesParity){
buyPumpkingJack(this.no_money, this.gameFeaturesParity, this.buyPumpkingJack);

}else{
buyPumpkingJack(this.no_money, this.gameFeaturesParity, this.buyPumpkingJack);
}
}

private void buyPumpkingJack(boolean no_money, boolean gameFeaturesParity, boolean buyPumpkingJack){

if(gameFeaturesParity){
System.out.println("Isn't there money for Pumpking Jack? " + no_money + ".");
System.out.println("Because this game has all features and it doesn'treat us like second-class citizens.");
System.out.println("So we will buy Pumpking Jack: " + buyPumpkingJack);
}else{
System.out.println("Isn't there money for Pumpking Jack? " + no_money + ".");
System.out.println("Because this game has not all features and it treat us like second-class citizens.");
System.out.println("So we will buy Pumpking Jack: " + buyPumpkingJack + ".");
}

}

}

That's all folks.
I really want it, but can't afford it currently.... Will probably purchase it during Winter Sale no matter what discount it get.
SylvanFae: I really want it, but can't afford it currently.... Will probably purchase it during Winter Sale no matter what discount it get.
I hope it's not limited in time like the pumpkin latté.
I'm not someone who really cares about achievements, I've never gone chasing the rare ones in games. Having said that, when a developer includes achievements in the Steam version of a game but not here that instantly sets alarm bells ringing for me.
From the off the Gog version is missing a feature that is in the Steam version and it makes me wonder whether they can be trusted to keep parity update wise between the two versions.
GamesRater: Looks nice....but cannot afford to spend so much on one game, so wishlisted for now.

==============================================
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Not considering buying this until if & when they either add Galaxy achievements, and/or reduce the price to 90% off their MSRP to compensate for treating GOG customers like second-class citizens.
GamesRater: ===========
Bigghu: I was interested in the game, but it has no achievements.
GamesRater: ===========

RedRagan: It's funny how many people got butthurt over the lack of achievements. I don't remember old PC games and SNES and Genesis got achievement in it. All my achievements are bragging right to my friends from finishing the game. Too much people want a fake pat in the back everytime they doing something in video games and proof of that.
GamesRater: It's also "funny" how people don't get that such things work on similar principles as random lootboxes....i.e. feeding off an addiction of some sort.....yet people seem to be ok with them more, but not so much with lootboxes.

Odd huh?
That's a weird comparison, because lootboxes exploited gambling system for children.

Also EA just got sued by Canadian govt for tricking children into gambling by the means of lootboxes.
Looks nice!!.. one review on gog almost sold me on the game. Going to checking on twitch...
Only con i can see?. same review pointed out it only has 6 levels (30mins roughly each)...so sounds pretty short :/
fwiw i think many dont really care for achievements (it really is a steam thing ingrained into people over the years though).....graphics dont make the game..soo....(did we actually have a demo here? )