It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dude, I totally missed you.

Paradise Lost, the unhinged expansion pack for the unsavory cult hit POSTAL 2 is finally available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Post(al)-apocalypse has never been so wack! The Dude ventures back into his former hometown looking for his lost dog but instead finds trouble in all shapes, sizes, and heartbeats. The citizens have gone nuclearly insane, gotten themselves zombified, joined freaky factions (sort of the same thing, really), and pretty much given the Dude plenty of reasons to turn them into radioactive pulp as he free-roams this loco land.
anothername: Something else entirely; could it be that Postal 2: Paradise Lost is actually not banned at all in Germany? I mean Postal 2; yes. But Postal 2: Paradise Lost is an entirely different beast.
MarkoH01: According to the German site "Schnittberichte.de" it is just "unrated" (not indexed or banned) and therefore would have to be treated as "Ab 18".

However according to this Steam had to remove it then but maybe that was just the case because it was part of a bundle including Postal 2.
I think someone at gog should look into it. Would be neat if bureaucratic nitpicking could work reversed this time :D
Post edited July 20, 2018 by anothername
low rated
Elmofongo: The mere fact that there are people here who said "What's going on here? I don't get it?, What's GamerGate?"

It shows where their real priorities are.
Comedy gold! Had to laugh out loud, too bad it's not ironic.

Dexter111: Pretty much this, I stopped buying things on GOG in 2017
I'll never understand this kind of lingering people who dislike something and stay around to tell everyone they don't like the local stuff.

The downrep/uprep scale is again very skewed in one direction. I truly wonder if that just reflects the majority of the active forum community or if people with strong opinions in one particular direction have a stronger tendency to use repbots.
low rated
Elmofongo: The mere fact that there are people here who said "What's going on here? I don't get it?, What's GamerGate?"

It shows where their real priorities are.
Ashnak: Comedy gold! Had to laugh out loud, too bad it's not ironic.

Dexter111: Pretty much this, I stopped buying things on GOG in 2017
Ashnak: I'll never understand this kind of lingering people who dislike something and stay around to tell everyone they don't like the local stuff.
Can you imagine doing that anywhere else? :P
Just hanging out in a restaurant yelling, "The food here sucks!"
anothername: Something else entirely; could it be that Postal 2: Paradise Lost is actually not banned at all in Germany? I mean Postal 2; yes. But Postal 2: Paradise Lost is an entirely different beast.
You need Postal 2 to be able to play the Paradise Lost DLC. The DLC is not a standalone game.
low rated
deleted
Fairfox: i wondah if peeps taht paid full price for some turdy thang tahts liek dollar on steam will get uuuh reimbursed
Well, well well well, well well well well.

RWS do well out of this, Steam do well out of this.
While outrage marketing has taken a steaming dump on GoG.
low rated
Gamergate was a childish yet dangerous hate movement that has gotten the ridicule it deserved. Good on ya, GoG.
liquidsnakehpks: They did not just apologize and remove the tweet , they had to go further by calling the other cause a abusive movement , now how did gog come to this conclusion so quickly when one of the PR here posted here that they had no idea about the movement ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vg247-pulls-support-and-coverage-of-gog-com-following-pro-gamergate-tweet-update-gog-apology.56374/page-10#post-10557998
InvisibleJim: Imagine posting a link to Restera in a public forum: embarassing!
imagine gog pr replying to public forum Restera instead of gog own forum: embarassing!
high rated
g4ijin: Gamergate was a childish yet dangerous hate movement that has gotten the ridicule it deserved. Good on ya, GoG.
Gamergate is not a movement, but an event (several related events that took place in the past, and in part have so far). If to be exact, this event is called a scandal. And its name is, but analogy with the Watergate scandal. Which was also an event (scandal), not a movement.
The fact that what the supporters of both sides of the conflict were doing does not change this at all. Just like the fact that one of the sides of the Watergate scandal was engaged in illegal wiretapping, spying and covering burglars, the supporters of this party justified these actions, and the opponents - they condemned, does not change the fact that it was an event (scandal), and not dangerous hate espionage movement.
If a supporter of Nixon fought with the enemy, this does not mean that the Watergate scandal - a movement to organize fights.
Do not try to edit reality by substituting the meaning of concepts. This does not adorn you, regardless of the chosen side.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by Loger13
Reposting this that I've done in a thread and pasted on a second and now to be a third thread. Too tired but want to keep all thoughts on this and leave it be for now.. Things are just going into insults and things now.. so here:

Since this is still going on ( I said all I could for a while and then left to try to do other stuff and go have our Friday horror movie night with some friends as usual ) I'd like to suggest action instead of just arguing with people on the forums that are more than likely just hanging around these threads just to argue and try to make those concerned to be completely out of it.

Actions are louder than the same words over and over on a topic and in some ways chasing some folks off from posting thoughts and concerns about when a new game is introduced to the site and needs something fixed... or just want to express their happiness for the game coming to the site.

The threads are just giving ammo. If you don't agree with something, send e-mails and comments when on social media. This isn't meant to drag people in to choose sides.

When we start seeing other signs like GOG blocking people and such, we'll know just what stage this is at and where to go from there. Right now there isn't anything quite illegal ( shitty, but not illegal ) happening.
Arinielle:
It's unclear what you're trying to say. Shorten that to 20 words or less.
Berzerk2002: You need Postal 2 to be able to play the Paradise Lost DLC. The DLC is not a standalone game.
I am aware of that. Don't try to think on that like a normal human being. Try the bureaucratic approach. Chances are that specifically because of that the ad-on is not banned at all and I doubt when the laws where made they accounted for gog being pure international for some time; a lot of ppl bought it back then when there where no censorship.
high rated
Spectre: RWS do well out of this, Steam do well out of this.
While outrage marketing has taken a steaming dump on GoG.
Serves GOG right for getting into bed with VG247 in the first place.
Is that tombstone even in the game? I've been checking up and down the cemetery and couldn't find it anywhere.
fronzelneekburm: Is that tombstone even in the game? I've been checking up and down the cemetery and couldn't find it anywhere.
This tombstone is not exactly in the cemetery. It's at the dump. Toxic dump. Behind the earthen rampart from the cemetery.
From https://youtu.be/CrmoCyYgtp0?t=661 till 11:40.