It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer Chris Avellone joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just can't seem able to take it off their all-time favorites list.

Additionally, *hear* the <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack</span> – a remastered masterpiece by Mark Morgan, one of gaming's most legendary composers.

Note: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition features the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
throgh: Then go ahead: Help testing GemRB instead of "fighting" here in a game-forum. Or is this not your agenda? The thing is: Beamdog has done exactly this. They have already ported most games to other platforms. And it is absolutely ignorant to forget about that because the own operating-system is "Windows" and the games work already there. Besides: Negativity and pure hate are different things, but you already know that. ;-)
I like how you seem to think my 'anger' over this is unwarranted or comes from nowhere. I was one of the first ones to pick up a copy of Baldur's Gate EE. I ended up buying TWO copies simply to support them. This was what... 2011-2012. Half a decade later and that game is still loaded with issues. BG 2 in particular is an ABSOLUTE MESS for me.

4 releases... 5 purchases... you BET I'm pissed off (I didn't even get MDK 2 HD, but was planning to to support them and I hear that was a disaster of a release)! The company is incompetent and using nostalgia to survive instead of any sort of merit as developers. So yeah, my 'agenda' = pissed off former fan that will no longer support or fund any more of their games who has to sit by and watch as they crap on yet another amazing infinity engine game. I'm sure they'll tarnish the one last IE game, Icewind Dale 2 at some point and I'll complain more when that comes out. At least then they'll have no choice but to create their own terrible games. Yes... I can make that assumption as we've all seen the content they produce when given the reins. SoD was one of the most boring RPGs I've ever played. It felt like some hybrid between Throne of Bhaal and Icewind Dale (of which it appears to be a sequel), with none of the charm or story telling, than a proper mini-Baldur's Gate game.

EDIT: As much as you PISS ME OFF with your insinuations I didn't downvote you and I appreciate you mentioning Gemrb, hadn't heard of it before.

Engerek01: * Most of the quests doesnt work.
* Journal gets buggy often
* I place a note on the map. I change the map, return and the whole screen is filled with unreadable notes.
* Item's become unusable/unmovable.
* Gem and scroll bags becomes bugged. You cant add or remove items from them.
* ~spoiler warning~ In the final fight, they dont turn hostile and I cant attack them. I had to reload many times.

I finished classic BG1 5 times and I never had a single bug of any kind. But that is not the issue. I wrote somewhere that I had those problems and people urged me to post it on beamdog's bug center. and I did. They removed them after I created them saying those are not game related bugs. I have 10 computers. They all had the same problem. Does that mean all my systems are corrupted?
Thanks for mentioning this. I suffered through ALL of those issues with the exception of the final fight bug you mention. Like I said, this was a playthrough I did a few months ago, half a decade after release and that crap is still happening? It is ridiculous.
Post edited April 16, 2017 by GreasyDogMeat
low rated
GreasyDogMeat: EDIT: As much as you PISS ME OFF with your insinuations I didn't downvote you and I appreciate you mentioning Gemrb, hadn't heard of it before.
You can be "pissed" as much as you want as long as you keep up the discussion. And I don't think you downvote here. As long as it is unclear who is responsible for this nonsense: I just think hatred or negativity is toxic and there are comments showing up how this affects the "community". At last: There is no real community when people go on with anonymous downrating. Besides: GOG, you should really remove this possibility.
high rated
throgh: You can be "pissed" as much as you want as long as you keep up the discussion. And I don't think you downvote here. As long as it is unclear who is responsible for this nonsense: I just think hatred or negativity is toxic and there are comments showing up how this affects the "community". At last: There is no real community when people go on with anonymous downrating. Besides: GOG, you should really remove this possibility.
After a half a decade of poor releases I think I have every right to be negative about Beamdog.

I'm also done purchasing games here until they get their shit together.
high rated
goral: lol
No, it's not GOG's fault, not in the least, it's all on Beamdog. They've decided to remove the original from GOG so that consumers wouldn't have the choice to buy a cheaper, original version, GOG had nothing to say in this matter. GOG however was nice enough to provide EE buyers with the original so if anything they deserve the praise.
MIK0: I would argue on two points here.

Who is responsable for removing the original game from the catalogue?
If as you says it's Beamdog, than what was reported here from a Beamdog support response (https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/info_on_possibly_getting_the_classics_unbundled/post29) was false which would be a grave matter on its own. I would like the Beamdog representative to address that, it would be the easier course of action.

What you are saying about GOG providing the original game to those who purchase the EE is not entirely true. They provide it for customers that don't already own it. If you already own it you get nothing. It was not advertised that way and never stated that there were case in which you didn't get part of what you paid for. So GOG it's at fault there.
I don't believe these hacks, the problem is this appeared during Paschal Triduum which is the most important festival/holiday for Catholics (after Easter) so GOG might have missed it and can't respond to these allegations. Anyway, this doesn't make any sense to remove original from GOG's perspective, either way they would profit and at least there wouldn't be as many annoyed customers. Somehow original Baldur's Gate series was available on GOG until whole Dragonspear controversy, don't tell me you think it was GOG's decision? The truth is it was all Beamdog's decision:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/definitive_edition_bundle_baldurs_gate_i_ii_icewind_dale_cabe2/post1

I would really like to hear the GOG's side to this but I'm guessing it won't happen earlier than Tuesday.

Like I've said dozens of times already, Beamdog is a parasite, worse than Bethesda.
Post edited April 16, 2017 by goral
low rated
goral: I don't believe these hacks, the problem is this appeared during Paschal Triduum which is the most important festival/holiday for Catholics (after Easter) so GOG might have missed it and can't respond to these allegations. Anyway, this doesn't make any sense to remove original from GOG's perspective, either way they would profit and at least there wouldn't be as many annoyed customers. Somehow original Baldur's Gate series was available on GOG until whole Dragonspear controversy, don't tell me you think it was GOG's decision? The truth is it was all Beamdog's decision:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/definitive_edition_bundle_baldurs_gate_i_ii_icewind_dale_cabe2/post1

I would really like to hear the GOG's side to this but I'm guessing it won't happen earlier than Tuesday.

Like I've said dozens of times already, Beamdog is a parasite, worse than Bethesda.
Beamdog doesn't own the rights to the original game. How could they remove it? They could ask Hasbro to remove it since Hasbro owns both games ultimately they may want to sell the higher priced one. But to say it is Beamdog is laughable. They're shitty devs with no scruples or any worthwhile original content, but they aren't magicians that can make products they don't own disappear.
low rated
p1881: I'm honestly curious as to why you're under the impression that the EE version would use the capabilities of your computer - when all you get is basically the same a modded P:ST would offer.

I guess it depends on your point of view if you consider proper criticism as "unnecessary hate".
Granted there are the few oddballs who only react to certain words like beamdog with complete disregard to common sense and logical thinking.
BrokenBull: ValamirCleaver and Sabin_Stargem have answered the first part of your question about the EE versions.
Have you even thoroughly played the EE version on a modern system and compared it to a mod? If not, then it would be illogical to ask such a question.

"Granted there are the few oddballs who only react to certain words like beamdog with complete disregard to common sense and logical thinking." = Unnecessary hate
If you check my positng history, you will see that I am one o fthose who consider the hate for Beamdog to be way over the top.
But that does mean that Beamdog is above criticism.
I think they derseve to be critcised for the buggy release of the BG and IWD EE's on their intial release, and for adding original material which was not in the original..and is generally regrarded as inferior to the material in the original.
They should have just given us the original tweaked to run on a modern computer, or make the new material an optional install
They deserve to be criticized for SoD, which was just a horrid game.
But they seem to have done PT EE right,and most of the bugs in the BG and IWD EE have been squashed with patches.
I wish they would add a program for turning off the added material,though.
And the whole political crap I don't really about.
goral: I don't believe these hacks, the problem is this appeared during Paschal Triduum which is the most important festival/holiday for Catholics (after Easter) so GOG might have missed it and can't respond to these allegations. Anyway, this doesn't make any sense to remove original from GOG's perspective, either way they would profit and at least there wouldn't be as many annoyed customers. Somehow original Baldur's Gate series was available on GOG until whole Dragonspear controversy, don't tell me you think it was GOG's decision? The truth is it was all Beamdog's decision:

paladin181: Beamdog doesn't own the rights to the original game. How could they remove it? They could ask Hasbro to remove it since Hasbro owns both games ultimately they may want to sell the higher priced one. But to say it is Beamdog is laughable. They're shitty devs with no scruples or any worthwhile original content, but they aren't magicians that can make products they don't own disappear.
Beamdog almost certinaly got a licence from Hasbro to bring out the EE's,and that licence might well have given Beamdog power on how to distribute and sell the games. It could have been either Beamdog or Hasbro who made the decision to pull the original. We would have to see what exactly the legal terms of Beamdog's deal with Hasbro was.
Post edited April 16, 2017 by dudalb
low rated
I see my posts have become low rated and hidden. It's quite sad, actually, as the only intention of these posts is to help GoG customers who have questions and/or problems with PST:EE.

Let me repeat my previous messages here:

I see a lot of unanswered questions about PST:EE, mods, features, differencies, decisions on this forum (in this thread and in PST:EE-related subforum on GoG). You're all our customers and it's not fun when you can't find an answer which stops you from buying the game or enjoying it if you already own it.

Our support team will be happy to help. If you encounter any issues, please send an email to support@beamdog.com.

If you want to get answers to any of your questions about PST:EE, feel free to post them on the Beamdog forum.

Beamdog does not make decisions regarding products removed from GOG. The quoted post is indeed a reply from our support.
low rated
juliusborisov: I see my posts have become low rated and hidden. It's quite sad, actually, as the only intention of these posts is to help GoG customers who have questions and/or problems with PST:EE.

Let me repeat my previous messages here:

I see a lot of unanswered questions about PST:EE, mods, features, differencies, decisions on this forum (in this thread and in PST:EE-related subforum on GoG). You're all our customers and it's not fun when you can't find an answer which stops you from buying the game or enjoying it if you already own it.

Our support team will be happy to help. If you encounter any issues, please send an email to support@beamdog.com.

If you want to get answers to any of your questions about PST:EE, feel free to post them on the Beamdog forum.

Beamdog does not make decisions regarding products removed from GOG. The quoted post is indeed a reply from our support.
As an official representative of a publisher/dev, you could ask GOG to give you the "orange" dev forum account. That would prevent the downvote foolishness to affect your posts.

Don't now the procedure to get the dev forum account, though.
MIK0: I would like the Beamdog representative to address that, it would be the easier course of action.
juliusborisov: Beamdog does not make decisions regarding products removed from GOG.
Just to be clear, are you saying that Beamdog had nothing to do with the bundling of the original and enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment?

Thanks.
low rated
GreasyDogMeat: After a half a decade of poor releases I think I have every right to be negative about Beamdog.

I'm also done purchasing games here until they get their shit together.
You can do as you want, but those shortened messages like "Make GOG Great Again" is the same as "Make America Great Again": In my eyes just another shortened message because greatness lies always in other values than only good trading. Making something GREAT again is more than doing that only for one chosen group for example and it is clear to see that always the same opinions got high ratings. Showing this is only a tool surpressing others. And this is done FROM some members of this community, so making it GREAT will need the first step feeling responsible for all members and show respect instead of ignorance, trying to communicate. ;-)

But I know that this is a long, very long road before us and this discussion is just a burned ground. It was from the start and will stay because the people responsible for low ratings won't show up and try to write down their view. They will keep this behaviour as long as GOG ignore it and try not change anything. So I'm out of this discussion. This "community" is nothing more than only an illusion and is only working in the specific forums for the games, where it is possible to keep up a friendly environment. The general forum? Better to be out of it for the time being.
Post edited April 17, 2017 by throgh
high rated
juliusborisov being annoyed for being downvoted is an irony since they censor/ban users who write truth about their games.

As for removing original titles from GOG, somehow it only happened after Dragonspear flopped, almost exactly 1 month after the release (the premiere was on April 1st and originals were removed on April 28th). how else would you explain such strange correlation? WotC could sell BG titles anyway, they didn't need Beamdog any more but if Beamdog would go bankrupt there would be no P:T: EE or ID 2: EE. Explain to me why WotC would wait until this abomination would come out and fail miserably, why not do it earlier if it were more profitable?

In other words you want me to believe that earlier they've only done what WotC wanted and which was WAY more profitable to Beamdog, since they wouldn't see a dime out of original titles (only from EEs) and now what GOG wanted which again, is way more profitable to Beamdog than to GOG which would get the money anyway.

Weak/no motive - GOG and WotC
Strong motive - Beamdog

Plus as a bonus they're sole beneficiaries of this titles fame, only Beamdog is mentioned, no Hasbro/WotC (or Black Isle for that matter which is especially egregious in the case of P:T).

But let me quote Beamdog COO:

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

Beamdog had every reason to do this, WotC or GOG none.
Post edited April 17, 2017 by goral
goral: juliusborisov being annoyed for being downvoted is an irony since they censor/ban users who write truth about their games.
To be fair this is pretty funny to me, because it's one big reason why the thread is turning out this way to begin with. Maybe even one reason why the rating abuse started on GOG. This reason is why I go to the forums to grab mods but don't ever make an account. Rule one of running a forum: Ruling with an iron fist will come back to bite you at some point, harder than other social platforms too. At the same time administration must be done on some level. I know this from experience.

Is the specific case of his treatment deserved? That lies on how you think about it more than anything.
Post edited April 17, 2017 by Projectsonic
high rated
throgh: You can do as you want, but those shortened messages like "Make GOG Great Again" is the same as "Make America Great Again": In my eyes just another shortened message because greatness lies always in other values than only good trading. Making something GREAT again is more than doing that only for one chosen group for example and it is clear to see that always the same opinions got high ratings. Showing this is only a tool surpressing others. And this is done FROM some members of this community, so making it GREAT will need the first step feeling responsible for all members and show respect instead of ignorance, trying to communicate. ;-)

But I know that this is a long, very long road before us and this discussion is just a burned ground. It was from the start and will stay because the people responsible for low ratings won't show up and try to write down their view. They will keep this behaviour as long as GOG ignore it and try not change anything. So I'm out of this discussion. This "community" is nothing more than only an illusion and is only working in the specific forums for the games, where it is possible to keep up a friendly environment. The general forum? Better to be out of it for the time being.
You realize that I agree with you about the comment voting abuse and why I used that tag as a joke? Then you give this long ridiculous lecture about how my 4 word tag is some how divisive. You can also take your own advice about showing respect instead of ignorance.

goral: juliusborisov being annoyed for being downvoted is an irony since they censor/ban users who write truth about their games.
The sweetest of irony. He has been a ban happy slimebag over in the BeamDog forums as well as Steam.
Post edited April 17, 2017 by GreasyDogMeat
high rated
Projectsonic: Is the specific case of his treatment deserved? That lies on how you think about it more than anything.
I've written on YouTube what I've written here and until I got shadowbanned it was the highest rated post on YouTube.

As for Steam, they've been deleting my posts in threads where people were asking what's the difference between Planescape: Torment and Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition where I kept directing them to this post (and in fact the list of useful additions is shorter, I didn't know at the time that more of the things on Beamdog list was already included to GOG version, like 40 fps and the ability to change it in torment.ini file).

So the chronology is this:

It started with Beamdog taking credit for something they hadn't done (removing Black Isle name from everywhere where mattered), then they've censored me on YouTube for mentioning that fact, then it turned out they will remove the original from GOG, then they've censored me on Steam and now they're blaming GOG for this even though anyone with half a brain will notice that Beamdog profits from this the most since they got monopoly on the title and don't have to compete with the original which with mods is better and without any bugs.
low rated
It's an off-topic talk. and here will be my only post about this here

No posts by Goral and DogMeat or anyone else about PST:EE and Beamdog have been ever deleted on Steam. No bans have been given on Steam and on the Beamdog forum, other than the ones for direct violations of the site rules.

All those comments/posts with negative reviews about SoD are still there, on Steam and on the Beamdog forum.