It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer Chris Avellone joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just can't seem able to take it off their all-time favorites list.

Additionally, *hear* the <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack</span> – a remastered masterpiece by Mark Morgan, one of gaming's most legendary composers.

Note: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition features the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
goral: No.
LiefLayer: LOL this is really a stupid move..
thank you for the answer
You're welcome. And it's not only a stupid move, it's a pathetic move but what can you expect from such a parasitic company that doesn't even give proper credit?

https://www.gog.com/forum/planescape_torment/beamdog_are_taking_credit_for_something_they_didnt_do/page1
low rated
vanchann: The difference is that by loading the library for the specific game, you can use different versions for other software, without collisions which could result in breaking the system. In the worst case, just the specific application will crash.
Let's continue there. :)
goral: You're welcome. And it's not only a stupid move, it's a pathetic move but what can you expect from such a parasitic company that doesn't even give proper credit?

https://www.gog.com/forum/planescape_torment/beamdog_are_taking_credit_for_something_they_didnt_do/page1
yeah but with BG 1-2 and IWD EE you still get a key to giveaway...
If I already got the original version (and I paid for it), why I need to pay again just to add the EE to my account?
For BG 1-2 and IWD EE at least I got a key to giveaway (so I got both version like they say in the store page), this is a good thing because my previous paid product is still there and I can get another copy and gift it to a friend.
If they don't want to give another copy of the original version to previous owner they should make a permanent discount to who already own the original game since they already have the extra.

Since right now Planescape EE is Drm-free everywhere there is no reason for me to buy it on gog at all (but at this point I don't even know if I want to buy it anymore).

Anyway I really don't understand why BG 1-2 and IWD EE got a key for the original version and Planescape EE don't... Why change?
I really don't understand.
LiefLayer: Anyway I really don't understand why BG 1-2 and IWD EE got a key for the original version and Planescape EE don't... Why change?
I really don't understand.
Yeah I know. This was kind of a dick move on Beamdog's part. I don't know why either except maybe because you have the option of "classic mode" - which isn't the same by any stretch.
tremere110: Yeah I know. This was kind of a dick move on Beamdog's part. I don't know why either except maybe because you have the option of "classic mode" - which isn't the same by any stretch.
I think this is gog fault not beamdog. They don't control the original version:
https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/inf%6f%5f%6fn_possibly_getting_the_classics_unbundled/post29

Also I think gog is able to decide if they want to give the original version as a key or as a "added to your account".
low rated
tremere110: Yeah I know. This was kind of a dick move on Beamdog's part. I don't know why either except maybe because you have the option of "classic mode" - which isn't the same by any stretch.
LiefLayer: I think this is gog fault not beamdog. They don't control the original version:
https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/inf%6f%5f%6fn_possibly_getting_the_classics_unbundled/post29

Also I think gog is able to decide if they want to give the original version as a key or as a "added to your account".
It's GOG fault.
They can choose to add the game to your account instead of providing a gift code, but they must advertise it correctly. The way they worded it doesn't provide this information and it's extremely vague.
low rated
Beamdog representative here.

Hello, GoG users. Probably some of you know me already - I'm the Community manager of the Beamdog forum and on Steam.

I see a lot of unanswered questions about PST:EE, mods, features, differencies, decisions on this forum (in this thread and in PST:EE-related subforum on GoG). You're all our customers and it's not fun when you can't find an answer which stops you from buying the game or enjoying it if you already own it.

Our support team will be happy to help. If you encounter any issues, please send an email to support@beamdog.com.

If you want to get answers to any of your questions about PST:EE, feel free to post them on the Beamdog forum.
high rated
juliusborisov: or enjoying it if you already own it.
Think you guys have done plenty to ruin that part.
Post edited June 07, 2017 by GreasyDogMeat
high rated
juliusborisov: Beamdog representative here.
Oh a representative of one of my least favorite studios. Never thought I would think something like that, but my first thought was:

Go back from were you came, there is no money to be made here with mending, fixing the practices and decisions of Beamdog who has no respect for their customers nor the classic titles and their content
Post edited April 14, 2017 by MaGo72
high rated
LiefLayer: I think this is gog fault not beamdog. They don't control the original version:

MIK0: It's GOG fault.
They can choose to add the game to your account instead of providing a gift code, but they must advertise it correctly. The way they worded it doesn't provide this information and it's extremely vague.
lol
No, it's not GOG's fault, not in the least, it's all on Beamdog. They've decided to remove the original from GOG so that consumers wouldn't have the choice to buy a cheaper, original version, GOG had nothing to say in this matter. GOG however was nice enough to provide EE buyers with the original so if anything they deserve the praise.
low rated
MIK0: It's GOG fault.
goral: lol
No, it's not GOG's fault, not in the least, it's all on Beamdog. They've decided to remove the original from GOG so that consumers wouldn't have the choice to buy a cheaper, original version, GOG had nothing to say in this matter. GOG however was nice enough to provide EE buyers with the original so if anything they deserve the praise.
I would argue on two points here.

Who is responsable for removing the original game from the catalogue?
If as you says it's Beamdog, than what was reported here from a Beamdog support response (https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/info_on_possibly_getting_the_classics_unbundled/post29) was false which would be a grave matter on its own. I would like the Beamdog representative to address that, it would be the easier course of action.

What you are saying about GOG providing the original game to those who purchase the EE is not entirely true. They provide it for customers that don't already own it. If you already own it you get nothing. It was not advertised that way and never stated that there were case in which you didn't get part of what you paid for. So GOG it's at fault there.
low rated
Beamdog doesn't own the original. Hasbro does.
low rated
paladin181: Beamdog doesn't own the original. Hasbro does.
But Hasbro has apparently licencesed them to Beamdog, and thus Beamdog de facto has the rights so long as they give Hasbro their cut of the profits.
low rated
MIK0: I would like the Beamdog representative to address that, it would be the easier course of action.
Beamdog does not make decisions regarding products removed from GOG.
low rated
paladin181: Beamdog doesn't own the original. Hasbro does.
dudalb: But Hasbro has apparently licencesed them to Beamdog, and thus Beamdog de facto has the rights so long as they give Hasbro their cut of the profits.
Do you know how licenses work? Having license to use an IP or recreate part or all of a product doesn't give them control over the existing product. That would be like the studios remaking the new Terminator movie being able to say "You can't sell the original anymore."

Hasbro may be trying to funnel sales into the new game, but Beamdog does not have the ability unless they have an extremely non-standard license agreement.