It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer Chris Avellone joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just can't seem able to take it off their all-time favorites list.

Additionally, *hear* the <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack</span> – a remastered masterpiece by Mark Morgan, one of gaming's most legendary composers.

Note: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition features the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
p1881: Where is there an enforcement of a single opinion? Do you feel pressured when people mostly react negatively to this enhanced edition when you enjoy it yourself?
Kardwill: Well, when every single post that had anything positive to say about the remake (even something as inocuous as "I'll buy it when the bugs are ironed out") gets downvoted... Yeah, you can feel a pressure. And bear in mind this is a fucking release thread, not a personal rant thread that people interested in the game would be free to ignore.

Myself, I don't really care, I already have the original and it works on my current machine. But the mood on these forums has become toxic and unfriendly as hell, man. Either you howl with the rest of the pack, or you get squashed :/
It indeed is a release thread where people like me point out the facts that you get almost everything this EE version has to offer by modding the original game.
Too bad new customers can't get the original game anymore on GoG without having to purchase the EE version.

The mood is the same as in every forum or the real world for that matter: if you have an unpopular opinion regarding a certain topic people will lash out at you.
Instead of actually cultivating critical thinking skills and recognizing people are free to post their opinions and evaluating those opinions the majority of people are set in their ways and everyone going against their point of view needs to be eliminated.
Kardwill: Myself, I don't really care, I already have the original and it works on my current machine. But the mood on these forums has become toxic and unfriendly as hell, man. Either you howl with the rest of the pack, or you get squashed :/
ShadowOwl: This, this so much.

I posted quite a lot back in the days and enjoyed being part of the GOG family. But the constant abuse of the rep system, massive amount of troll posts and and the toxic attitude of many individuals sucked out all joy from roaming this forum.

Most Steam sub forums are more welcoming places than the GOG General forum these days. Five years ago this was absolutely unimaginable. Everyone got along so well back then... :/
I've yet to see a proper definition what a troll post or a toxic attitude is supposed to be.
Is everyone who disagrees with my opinion or has an unpopular point of view a troll?
Is everyone who points out mistakes I make toxic?

Those are empty words used to discredit resonable opinions.
If a post has indeed no value and is only used to get a certain reaction or if an individual lacks every common sense you have plenty of other words to describe them without feeling the need to hide behind those artificial words of troll/being toxic.
kbnrylaec: Anyone get the key of the original Planescape: Torment?

I can not find it anywhere.
If you don't already have P:ST purchased prior to the relase of the EE version you're out of luck.
I even doubt P:ST keys as a gift wourld work.
Post edited April 13, 2017 by p1881
low rated
p1881: I've yet to see a proper definition what a troll post or a toxic attitude is supposed to be.
Is everyone who disagrees with my opinion or has an unpopular point of view a troll?
Is everyone who points out mistakes I make toxic?

Those are empty words used to discredit resonable opinions.
If a post has indeed no value and is only used to get a certain reaction or if an individual lacks every common sense you have plenty of other words to describe them without feeling the need to hide behind those artificial words of troll/being toxic.
Seriously, the toxic and troll stuff is all over the place.
1. For example there's one user in the Planescape and general forum cursing at Beamdog using every opportunity to talk about "SJW this SJW that", even though the problems in the game are totally unrelated to that kind of stuff.
2. We got users necroing threads again and again and again just because they can do it without any sanctions.
3. We got threads solely dedicated to personal feuds.

I could go on with more examples. None or at least barely anything like this was happening here in the old days. Lack of moderation was the same but sadly the attitude has changed by a whole lot.

kbnrylaec: Anyone get the key of the original Planescape: Torment?

I can not find it anywhere.
The only way to obtain the original version is to buy or gift the EE. Not the best solution but it's still possible. And like with the Baldur's Gate EEs there will most likely be plenty of sales in the future.

p1881: If you don't already have P:ST purchased prior to the relase of the EE version you're out of luck.
I even doubt P:ST keys as a gift wourld work.
Why wouldn't old gift codes work? Old BG gift keys are still working too.
Post edited April 13, 2017 by ShadowOwl
low rated
The last game i got here was Wasteland 2, i left because of this rep downvote bullshit., I was going to buy PST EE here because i have the original, but as the downvoting is still so prevalent here, i'll fuck off back to Steam, where you meet a better class of asshole.

GOG, this bullshit is costing you business, the amount of people that have left because of this crap, which you won't do anything about, speaks for itself. Lots of decent customers and forum members gone, all you will eventually have left are these wankers.

I don't care about the rep, scrap it, it's the intimidation of cowardly hidden people constantly sniping genuine posts that is galling.
low rated
skeletonbow: GOG's review system is very much like their forums. The reviews are systematically gameable by a small and vocal minority lynch mob. Not only without any ability to prevent it, but also without consequence (although that's changing a bit in the forums). To make it even worse, it is gameable by people who have not even bought a game. Anyone can low-rank a game and give it a bad review just by creating a GOG account, or 100 accounts for that matter and GOG does not do anything at all to prevent this.

When a system is this gameable it is no wonder that some people notice it and form lynch mobs to attack the system, because they feel they now have an ability to control things and fight against a publisher or developer in a way that might affect their bottom line. It's no wonder that it happens really, and in fact I would expect it to because there will always be people out there who look for ways to game a system like this to "have their voice heard".
Well put. Although the upbeat note on the forums seems like wishful thinking. Do you say any sort of moderation happening in this thread? Or in the preorder one? Or...?

About multiaccounts and the gaming of the rep system and the reviews, they simply do not bother.

Edit: format.
Post edited April 13, 2017 by Carradice
low rated
throgh: hating something seems to be more important than helping for example. And ignorance is also part of this: The newer version is running on more platforms than Windows wthout having any wrapper installed. [...] Now a company had done this job and because they have done something in the past pure hatred is going up.
Yes. Ignorance, frustration, malice... Sad cocktails. Most are redeemable, though. They just copy the behaviour they see in others.

Also, any uncoordinated majority is vulnerable before a minority with a common interest that manages to coordinate towards a common goal. Police, law, moderators and moderation rules try to stop the worst from happening, in their respective spheres.

Here, multiaccounts and reviewing of unowned games are allowed...
low rated
Kardwill: Myself, I don't really care, I already have the original and it works on my current machine. But the mood on these forums has become toxic and unfriendly as hell, man. Either you howl with the rest of the pack, or you get squashed :/

I posted quite a lot back in the days and enjoyed being part of the GOG family. But the constant abuse of the rep system, massive amount of troll posts and and the toxic attitude of many individuals sucked out all joy from roaming this forum.

Most Steam sub forums are more welcoming places than the GOG General forum these days. Five years ago this was absolutely unimaginable. Everyone got along so well back then... :/
Well said. Years ago GOG was more focused in old games. Online communities that start healthy, like, with a focused goal (in this case the hobby of PC games) may stay healthy even unpoliced, if the growh rate allows the new users to pick up the informal rules and mores of the community, so that everything clicks. Being small also helps.

GOG has grown. It seems that past the point where it can remain unpoliced and stay healthy. A larger community makes it worth for some users that create accounts just to make propaganda against this or that company or even about politics or even plain bigotry. Then your community attracts more trolls.

Well, it is up to GOG where they put the resources in, but it is a pity that what once was a friendly forum to talk and learn about games is becoming this. GOG drew largely from the community: we wanted it to succeed; we liked old games treated with dignity and new games with charm, while they bet on the decency of custormers that were not held by DRM so that we could enjoy our games better.

Sure we all liked games. Not everyone liked the same games, and that never was a problem. The atmosphere remained friendly. So, maybe their plans do not allow them to spend significant resources in protecting this asset, the community they nurtured. No problem, if you want to become like any other business go ahead. Maybe they want us to become more customers and less community members. But, like skeletonbow said, even Steam is doing better in this respect, and they have much more customers. And participants in their forums.

Riotact: The last game i got here was Wasteland 2, i left because of this rep downvote bullshit., I was going to buy PST EE here because i have the original, but as the downvoting is still so prevalent here, i'll fuck off back to Steam, where you meet a better class of asshole.
In fairness can you imagine what a shit show Steam forums would be with a voting system?
low rated
Is it 1984 yet? If people like the EE versions then that is their choice. Seeing that Planescape: Torment EE is the best selling game on GOG and popular on Steam, it seems the Sentimental Butt-Hurt pool of anti-voters are wrong and their down voting is meaningless.
low rated
Picking this up and Dragonspear in a moment. No amount of downvoting gonna stop me.
low rated
wormholewizards: Picking this up and Dragonspear in a moment. No amount of downvoting gonna stop me.
That's right! Buy what you want! Freedom, Freedom, Freedom!
low rated
sheeryjay: And there goes the up-to-now separately and cheaply available original P:T and comes the evil Beamdog to embrace, extend and extinguish - erm, sorry, that would be MS - let me rephrase - "embrace" and keep under bigger price point unavailable without buying their own hacked version. While the remakes may be good (after 1 year of patches) this is a thing that I really hate.

The original games should be available just like they used to be.
Mizark80: They must have cut some kind of deal so that the enhanced editions are not directly competing with the old versions. That's understandable from the perspective of a small publisher. It's not like they are making the old editions unavailable *or* expensive. The enhanced editions have frequently been on sale for 75% off (4.99 USD). Is that really so expensive? That's cheaper than the originals were at full price. So what if the enhanced editions are $20 when they first come out--they'll be on sale within a year, and anyone who misses the old versions but doesn't want to pay a lot for the new one can wait until then. It's entirely logical for them not to want to have both editions being sold at the same time, with one half the price of the other and undercutting their investment in an enhanced edition.
The deal may also be what is keeping Planetscape: Torment available at all. I don't know that we know all the details.

Everyone will have a different idea of what a price point means to them, and what seems reasonable. For me, it has to be one hell of a sale to get to my price range for a "remastered" game of this age that starts at $20.

Ideally, as a customer, I'd like to see both versions available separately (I dig customizable a-la-carte), but there are some compromises that we'll have to see in order for GOG to exist and grow.

If no compromises are made, we may not have any titles to choose from. I hope that GOG is doing what it can to make the best possible deal for us with publishers. In general, they seem to be holding up pretty well (<-totally my opinion: everyone will feel differently; and will have a different location and thickness of the line between ideal and sellout).

As far as the community goes, we are seeing some growing pains here. If it was just old-days GOGers, the community would be a bit more civil, but it would mean a smaller customer base and less negotiating power for GOG.

Ultimately, GOG seems to be trying to balance a complicated set comprised of growth, community, and deals with publishers/developers. I feel that what we have gotten may not be ideal, but it is reasonable to keep a classic game available. I think? $20, though? Ok, slightly less than reasonable at $20.

Keep on rockin' everybody! Have a great weekend!
high rated
Assuming it is true of course, I wonder what this aforementioned crowd will make of this below?
Info on possibly getting the classics unbundled : Post 29
I was curious what would be Beamdog's response, so I've sent them an email as well asking about the possibility of reverting the bundled BG, IWD and PS:T with EEs and here's the response that I got today:

Beamdog Support (Customer Support)

Apr 13, 08:19 MDT

Hello Adam,

Thanks for contacting Beamdog support. My name is Charles, and I will be assisting you.

I am sorry you believe that we are the cause of this, but I can assure you we have no say in what other retailers do with our titles (discounts/bundles, etc).

That being said, GOG brought the idea to our attention and over a year ago Cameron decided that it was a positive choice, I am sorry you are negative towards this, but I want you to know you are supporting the people who make those decisions, and blaming the ones who don't.

We also have no say in what happens to the original versions of the games, we aren't the owners of those and only licensed them to create our Enhanced Editions.

I hope this clarifies things and you have a great day!
-Charles

I must say that I'm quite surprised, as it seems that it was GOG's idea to bundle these games, if I understand it correctly?
low rated
Riotact: The last game i got here was Wasteland 2, i left because of this rep downvote bullshit., I was going to buy PST EE here because i have the original, but as the downvoting is still so prevalent here, i'll fuck off back to Steam, where you meet a better class of asshole.
I'm not going to let the state of the user forums affect my decision of where to buy my games. I have preferred the GOG forums over the Steam forums, but I buy my games here because they have what I want, DRM free.
ValamirCleaver: Assuming it is true of course, I wonder what this aforementioned crowd will make of this below?
Info on possibly getting the classics unbundled : Post 29
I'm skeptical about that anwser. The classics don't even appear to be available on Steam, and I also didn't see the classics included with the originals.
Post edited April 13, 2017 by jalister
low rated

Carradice: Well said. Years ago GOG was more focused in old games. Online communities that start healthy, like, with a focused goal (in this case the hobby of PC games) may stay healthy even unpoliced, if the growh rate allows the new users to pick up the informal rules and mores of the community, so that everything clicks. Being small also helps.

GOG has grown. It seems that past the point where it can remain unpoliced and stay healthy. A larger community makes it worth for some users that create accounts just to make propaganda against this or that company or even about politics or even plain bigotry. Then your community attracts more trolls.

Well, it is up to GOG where they put the resources in, but it is a pity that what once was a friendly forum to talk and learn about games is becoming this. GOG drew largely from the community: we wanted it to succeed; we liked old games treated with dignity and new games with charm, while they bet on the decency of custormers that were not held by DRM so that we could enjoy our games better.

Sure we all liked games. Not everyone liked the same games, and that never was a problem. The atmosphere remained friendly. So, maybe their plans do not allow them to spend significant resources in protecting this asset, the community they nurtured. No problem, if you want to become like any other business go ahead. Maybe they want us to become more customers and less community members. But, like skeletonbow said, even Steam is doing better in this respect, and they have much more customers. And participants in their forums.

And if GOG did begin policing the forums more they would be accused of "censorship" and "taking away people's freedom of speech".
I think these forums should be policed more, but if GOG did they would get some serioius pushback.
It's a no win sittation for GOG, really.

And a few people here still don't get that taking the original Planescape Torment out of the store was not GOG's call to make. The only choice they had was carrying the ED version of PT or not carrying it at all.

GOG, this bullshit is costing you business, the amount of people that have left because of this crap, which you won't do anything about, speaks for itself. Lots of decent customers and forum members gone, all you will eventually have left are these wankers.

I don't care about the rep, scrap it, it's the intimidation of cowardly hidden people constantly sniping genuine posts that is galling.
Someone is in a really bad mood today.
Serioulsly if you don't like the downvoting BS just ignore it.Easy to do.
Post edited April 13, 2017 by dudalb
low rated
Hi Everyone!

Do you have any idea why the TAB button doesnt highlight the objects in PTEE?

Do I miss something in options?

Thanks!