It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gather your party, and continue the tale...

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> of a two-part expansion to the modern cRPG wonder, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. To celebrate the start of this exciting new epic, you can save 33% on <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> until Friday, August 28!

Pillars of Eternity: The White March is here to make a huge game even more unbelievably huge. Whether you're still in the middle of a playthrough, or completely maxed out - there's something here to make your experience not just bigger, but also more enjoyable. The White March is set to span two complete expansions: Part I is available today, but you can also grab the full Expansion Pass right away at a reduced price! For a bit more extra goodness, you can begin enjoying your complimentary Space Piglet - the bonus DLC (Space Piglet & Gaun's Pledge Ring) is free for all White March owners!

A new story awaits, injected seamlessly into the base experience for you to start on your playthrough - or jump into without restarting. Fear not though, because it's a long and self-contained story with a satisfying ending, you won't feel like you're missing out if Part 1 is all that you play. Inside your expanded game you'll also find two new fascinating companions: Devil of Caric. a dark human Construct on a bloody quest for revenge, and Zahua - a hippy monk who really only showed up by accident. With these new companions, and the newly introduced Soulbound weapons (which become stronger with time), perhaps you'll be ready to take on the new challenges that await.

Experienced players will receive tons of high-level, end-game content and a level cap raised to 14. New boss fights, new strongholds and bounties, and a gigantic dragon that's going to kill you, really.

The many UI and gameplay improvements introduced in the expansion will also carry over to the base game, so either way you will now be able to turn-up your roleplay and tone-down the micromanagement with new AI options for companions (as well as enemies, things can't be too easy).

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> and <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Expansion Pass</span> are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The discount on Pillars of Eternity will last until Friday, August 28, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:

Haven't gotten that far along in the plot, or just prefer to see it before you get it? The brave Classicor is taking on the challenge of facing the White March at Twitch.tv/GOGcom this Friday, August 28th, at 2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT. Join him!
So they collected 3.986.929 $ , have financed their new game engine and have created a rather small game and now they're selling expansions for 15€ and it isn't even done, just part 1 of 2?
This stinks
Luned: Sorry, I was using the wrong term. They run from the same executable, but they have a separate button on the intro screen. You can't load a regular game of NWN2 and just take your party over to a point in the base game world to start the MotB storyline within the same game. For BG1's "Tales of the Sword Coast" expansion, and apparently for "The White March", you do exactly that---access the expansion content within the standard game world.
OK, makes sense now.
dluketic: So they collected 3.986.929 $ , have financed their new game engine and have created a rather small game and now they're selling expansions for 15€ and it isn't even done, just part 1 of 2?
This stinks
Hold your nose and breath. After a short period of time you'll not notice the smell. In fact if you might not notice much of anything ;P
dluketic: So they collected 3.986.929 $ , have financed their new game engine and have created a rather small game and now they're selling expansions for 15€ and it isn't even done, just part 1 of 2?
This stinks
Rather small? When compared to an Elder Scroll game, maybe, but for a Baldur's like, I found it decently sized.
Luned: Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I don't mind slow leveling as long as it feels worthwhile.
Yeah, I also tend to prefer slow but hefty levelling, rather than the bland "90 levels, all of which are just an increase of HP and maybe an ability every 15 lv" I seen too often.
The tingle of satisfaction you get when you finally hit next level and get access to that shiny "swordwindmill of swordy killing of doom" ability is sooooo much sweeter when you have to work for each level :)
Post edited August 28, 2015 by Kardwill
This stinks
Have you played it? I'd hardly call it 'rather small'. There's a ton of content in the game and it's longer than most offerings these days.

As for the expansion, they split it into two parts so the players could get access to new content faster. If they'd waited until both parts were finished, they'd have sold it for the same price you'd pay if you buy the 'season pass' or whatever they're calling it that gets you both parts (25 bucks).

It could be a good move, as it keeps interest in the game at a reasonably steady level instead of having people move on and then seeing the complete expansion months later when many don't care that much anymore.

Or, it could be a bad move, as it turns off people that don't see the reasoning behind what they're doing and only look at it with a jaundiced eye, thinking it's just a money grab.