It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gather your party, and continue the tale...

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> of a two-part expansion to the modern cRPG wonder, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. To celebrate the start of this exciting new epic, you can save 33% on <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> until Friday, August 28!

Pillars of Eternity: The White March is here to make a huge game even more unbelievably huge. Whether you're still in the middle of a playthrough, or completely maxed out - there's something here to make your experience not just bigger, but also more enjoyable. The White March is set to span two complete expansions: Part I is available today, but you can also grab the full Expansion Pass right away at a reduced price! For a bit more extra goodness, you can begin enjoying your complimentary Space Piglet - the bonus DLC (Space Piglet & Gaun's Pledge Ring) is free for all White March owners!

A new story awaits, injected seamlessly into the base experience for you to start on your playthrough - or jump into without restarting. Fear not though, because it's a long and self-contained story with a satisfying ending, you won't feel like you're missing out if Part 1 is all that you play. Inside your expanded game you'll also find two new fascinating companions: Devil of Caric. a dark human Construct on a bloody quest for revenge, and Zahua - a hippy monk who really only showed up by accident. With these new companions, and the newly introduced Soulbound weapons (which become stronger with time), perhaps you'll be ready to take on the new challenges that await.

Experienced players will receive tons of high-level, end-game content and a level cap raised to 14. New boss fights, new strongholds and bounties, and a gigantic dragon that's going to kill you, really.

The many UI and gameplay improvements introduced in the expansion will also carry over to the base game, so either way you will now be able to turn-up your roleplay and tone-down the micromanagement with new AI options for companions (as well as enemies, things can't be too easy).

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> and <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Expansion Pass</span> are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The discount on Pillars of Eternity will last until Friday, August 28, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:

Haven't gotten that far along in the plot, or just prefer to see it before you get it? The brave Classicor is taking on the challenge of facing the White March at Twitch.tv/GOGcom this Friday, August 28th, at 2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT. Join him!
CharlesGrey: Well, at least the base game wasn't expensive.

... Oh, wait.
Gotta agree with you on that one. Don't know why they went as pricey as they did, as I think it would have been far more beneficial to them if they'd opted for a bit cheaper. And this is coming from someone that pledged a lot during the KS campaign. Obviously they know better than us though, as it seems the game sold extremely well.
drealmer7: White March? is this a supremacist game? I swear I thought it was "Marsh."
"March" in this context probably means "border" or "outlying area". In other words, "The White Wilderness". They were simply trying to evoke an epic, "ancient" feel, I would imagine.
SeduceMePlz: Respec option is long overdue considering the many broken abilities and near-useless trap choices in the base game and the continual rebalancing via patches. Might play some more now that broken characters can be repaired.
I'm pretty excited for this feature. It seems like it adds a lot of flexibility to the game. You don't have to redo everything just to try a new build.
Am I losing out on much if I try playing without the DLC until I make up my mind? I know the DLC is integrated already, but I don't want to pigeonhole my builds irreversibly if I'd be better off with more options from the start.

Or do the DLC features only apply to higher level characters for the most part anyway?
Luned: This is more of a general question about PoE gameplay. I noticed that the level cap is going from 12 to 14 with the first half of the expansion. For a long game, this implies to me that every level-up should feel pretty epic, with an immediately noticeable increase in power. (Like waiting with bated breath for your BG1 mage to finally get Fireball and start pulling his/her weight in the party.)

In practice, does it work out this way in PoE? Did you feel like you'd really achieved something with each level-up, or does it just become a slog that doesn't seem very rewarding once you get there?
There Is definitely a power surge with some level ups, especially for "odd levels unlocking a new tier of power"for some classes, just like in the old D&D games. And just like D&D, hitting level 5 WILL change your spellcaster's life.

I had a nearly impossible bossfight for my level 4 group. Tried it maybe 5 or 6 times, with different tactics and different preparation, and I had a TPK evey times (although I came close to win once). I stepped back, went to another area, did a few more quests, came back with a level 5 party with some nasty area-of-effect spells for my mage and my 2 clerics, and the same fight was a no-tactics-just-blast-it-out cakewalk.

So yeah, leveling can be quite powerfull
Grargar: It's interesting how GOG allows you to buy the expansion even if you don't have the base game here.
apparently, from another thread where someone did it and was unable to access the DLC, that was an unintended glitch.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Kardwill
Kardwill: apparently, from another thread where someone did it and was unable to access the DLC, that was an unintended glitch.
Then they should fix it, because it's still in effect.
PaterAlf: So we get episodic DLCs now? Modern game industry never ceases to amaze me.

... Oh, wait.
Indeed, plus to get the "full" package of the first part had three tiers up to around £50, now add on the two expansions of around £25 and you are paying more than for a full price big release. It would have been an instabuy for me if it was reasonably priced, however with W3, this and even indies like Evoland, coming in at the expensive levels, I do wonder if they are going to start pricing themselves out of the market - noting that prices on each release have increased over the last 6 months or so.

Tides of Numenera soon, dread to think how many tiers that will be, pre-order dlc, and will likely need to take out another mortgage just to afford the base game.
Wishlisted. I'll buy it when pt2 is released :)
PaterAlf: So we get episodic DLCs now? Modern game industry never ceases to amaze me.

... Oh, wait.
Yup, you should wait, the game was terribly low-priced!
Actually, the lowest price you could get for the base game with full backer discount (aka 60$ for three keys, resulting in 20$ each) was exactly the same price as the AddOnPackage was during the funding process. (interesting enough)
Jup, there are Folks around that can pay more for the expansion now then they paid for the base game! :D :D :D

It´s no problem anyways, of course!
Nice release ;-)
Luned: This is more of a general question about PoE gameplay. I noticed that the level cap is going from 12 to 14 with the first half of the expansion. For a long game, this implies to me that every level-up should feel pretty epic, with an immediately noticeable increase in power. (Like waiting with bated breath for your BG1 mage to finally get Fireball and start pulling his/her weight in the party.)

In practice, does it work out this way in PoE? Did you feel like you'd really achieved something with each level-up, or does it just become a slog that doesn't seem very rewarding once you get there?
Kardwill: There Is definitely a power surge with some level ups, especially for "odd levels unlocking a new tier of power"for some classes, just like in the old D&D games. And just like D&D, hitting level 5 WILL change your spellcaster's life.

I had a nearly impossible bossfight for my level 4 group. Tried it maybe 5 or 6 times, with different tactics and different preparation, and I had a TPK evey times (although I came close to win once). I stepped back, went to another area, did a few more quests, came back with a level 5 party with some nasty area-of-effect spells for my mage and my 2 clerics, and the same fight was a no-tactics-just-blast-it-out cakewalk.

So yeah, leveling can be quite powerfull
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I don't mind slow leveling as long as it feels worthwhile.
Just redeemed by add-on buy of this from the kickstarter. Shame I still haven't got around to playing the base game.

Time, it eludes me.
Luned: From what I've read, they're integrated, not standalone in the sense of having a separate executable like NWN2's Mask of the Betrayer. I don't think you need to start a new playthrough, however.
Hang on... My copy of Mask of the Betrayer and all of the other expansions run from the same executable as the base game for NWN2. What are you saying?
Excellent!

Insta-wish-listed, not solely b/c PoE seems to be all-around as wonderful as BGs/IWDs... but even seems to include the late Graham Chapman - there he is, on the game card, smoking his trade-mark pipe ;)
Luned: From what I've read, they're integrated, not standalone in the sense of having a separate executable like NWN2's Mask of the Betrayer. I don't think you need to start a new playthrough, however.
touched: Hang on... My copy of Mask of the Betrayer and all of the other expansions run from the same executable as the base game for NWN2. What are you saying?
Sorry, I was using the wrong term. They run from the same executable, but they have a separate button on the intro screen. You can't load a regular game of NWN2 and just take your party over to a point in the base game world to start the MotB storyline within the same game. For BG1's "Tales of the Sword Coast" expansion, and apparently for "The White March", you do exactly that---access the expansion content within the standard game world.