It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gather your party, and continue the tale...

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> of a two-part expansion to the modern cRPG wonder, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. To celebrate the start of this exciting new epic, you can save 33% on <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> until Friday, August 28!

Pillars of Eternity: The White March is here to make a huge game even more unbelievably huge. Whether you're still in the middle of a playthrough, or completely maxed out - there's something here to make your experience not just bigger, but also more enjoyable. The White March is set to span two complete expansions: Part I is available today, but you can also grab the full Expansion Pass right away at a reduced price! For a bit more extra goodness, you can begin enjoying your complimentary Space Piglet - the bonus DLC (Space Piglet & Gaun's Pledge Ring) is free for all White March owners!

A new story awaits, injected seamlessly into the base experience for you to start on your playthrough - or jump into without restarting. Fear not though, because it's a long and self-contained story with a satisfying ending, you won't feel like you're missing out if Part 1 is all that you play. Inside your expanded game you'll also find two new fascinating companions: Devil of Caric. a dark human Construct on a bloody quest for revenge, and Zahua - a hippy monk who really only showed up by accident. With these new companions, and the newly introduced Soulbound weapons (which become stronger with time), perhaps you'll be ready to take on the new challenges that await.

Experienced players will receive tons of high-level, end-game content and a level cap raised to 14. New boss fights, new strongholds and bounties, and a gigantic dragon that's going to kill you, really.

The many UI and gameplay improvements introduced in the expansion will also carry over to the base game, so either way you will now be able to turn-up your roleplay and tone-down the micromanagement with new AI options for companions (as well as enemies, things can't be too easy).

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> and <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Expansion Pass</span> are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The discount on Pillars of Eternity will last until Friday, August 28, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:

Haven't gotten that far along in the plot, or just prefer to see it before you get it? The brave Classicor is taking on the challenge of facing the White March at Twitch.tv/GOGcom this Friday, August 28th, at 2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT. Join him!
By the way, can anyone explain please how these expansions are going to be applied. Do you need to restart the game? Or they integrate with existing playthrough or they are standalone adventures altogether?
Post edited August 25, 2015 by shmerl
shmerl: By the way, can anyone explain please how these expansions are going to be applied. Do you need to restart the game? Or they integrate with existing playthrough or they are standalone adventures altogether?
From what I've read, they're integrated, not standalone in the sense of having a separate executable like NWN2's Mask of the Betrayer. I don't think you need to start a new playthrough, however.
shmerl: By the way, can anyone explain please how these expansions are going to be applied. Do you need to restart the game? Or they integrate with existing playthrough or they are standalone adventures altogether?
They're fully integrated. I just used an old save before the point-of-no-return and got a notice that a letter for me had arrived at Caed Nua. Just travel to Caed Nua and talk to the steward. That's how you access the new content. :)
Luned: From what I've read, they're integrated, not standalone in the sense of having a separate executable like NWN2's Mask of the Betrayer. I don't think you need to start a new playthrough, however.
From what I'm reading at the Steam forum, you can visit the new expansion areas with an old save, as long as this save was made before the final dungeon. Otherwise, you must begin a new playthrough.
Nergal01: They're fully integrated. I just used an old save before the point-of-no-return and got a notice that a letter for me had arrived at Caed Nua. Just travel to Caed Nua and talk to the steward. That's how you access the new content. :)
Grargar: From what I'm reading at the Steam forum, you can visit the new expansion areas with an old save, as long as this save was made before the final dungeon. Otherwise, you must begin a new playthrough.
Thanks!
Post edited August 25, 2015 by shmerl
dlc? nice, looks good, a bit expensive for a dlc, 23 for both dlc is a better price indeed.

i skip for now, still waiting for a cpu/gpu fix for the extreme cpu/gpu usages of the game, i have several unity games now and most of them run fine, how come pillars is still 'burning' the pc?

freezing pc?
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76574-computer-freezes-up/page-2

I have uninstalled the game cause its unplayable for me, because it already heats up tot 60 degrees celsius when just creating a character, i cant risk my pc.
Pillars is the only game that i cant run without risking my pc.

Does anyone know if there is a fix available for this so i can start playing the game without overheating risks?
I havent contacted support about this because the game plays okay, it just uses extreme amounts of cpu/gpu.
So its not a compatibility issue.
check attachment screenshot with some google results on pillars

celestiantales (unity game) screenshot shows a good usage
Attachments:
Post edited August 25, 2015 by gamesfreak64
THANK GOODNESS THIS SALE IS UNTIL FRIDAY!!! I was worried I would miss this one but I will be playing this Thursday finally!!
shmerl: It's not new. Expansion packs existed for a long time. We aren't talking about some stupid horse armor add-ons which should have been in the game from the start, but full blown expansions which are developed after the game is released. Baldur's Gate had those.
The Baldur's Gate expansion came in episodes? Because that's what I criticized.
low rated
The White March [TRIGGERED]

lol jk XD But seriously though...

*something other than Freddi Fish 2 [TRIGGERED]
Gengar78: The White March [TRIGGERED]

Here. Something to help you fight the stress, while you wait for GOG to release Freddi Fish 2 "Sorry we're late Gengar78" edition.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Grargar
PaterAlf: The Baldur's Gate expansion came in episodes? Because that's what I criticized.
They explained in an update a while ago that they decided to do it this way so players could get at the newer content sooner. They could have easily as not just waited until both parts were done and then released it as one big expansion. They figured this was a better way. Don't get me wrong, I see your complaint, and the way they're doing it certainly gives them an advantage monetarily (since you pay more if you buy the two pieces separately), but I don't get the feeling it was a purely monetary decision and just pocket-pilfering.

It may actually be a smart move by keeping interest in the game high for a longer period as opposed to having it die down until the full thing is released. Or... it may backfire.
low rated
Gengar78: The White March [TRIGGERED]

Grargar: Here. Something to help you fight the stress, while you wait for GOG to release Freddi Fish 2 "Sorry we're late Gengar 78" edition.
Last time I tinkered w/ one of those ephone games it for dungeon keeper... let's just say they put the "bile" in mobile
Nice, just redeemed my KS key
shmerl: It's not new. Expansion packs existed for a long time. We aren't talking about some stupid horse armor add-ons which should have been in the game from the start, but full blown expansions which are developed after the game is released. Baldur's Gate had those.
PaterAlf: The Baldur's Gate expansion came in episodes? Because that's what I criticized.
There were a few of them. If I understood correctly these upcoming expansions to PoE are self contained and aren't split unfinished stories, so you can call them "episodes" or "yet another expansion" - that doesn't matter. I wouldn't mind even more of them :)
Post edited August 26, 2015 by shmerl
PaterAlf: So we get episodic DLCs now? Modern game industry never ceases to amaze me.
Well, at least the base game wasn't expensive.

... Oh, wait.