It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Parkan II is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until April 22nd, 10pm UTC.

Parkan II is an original concept game that will allow you to feel as a pilot of a spacecraft lost somewhere in the universe. The players are to explore hundreds of solar systems, take part in a series of fierce battles and meet a new enemy - a mysterious creature calling itself Gegemaunt. Become a pirate or mercenary, get money to buy the most powerful cruiser and show them all who is to be the new master of the galaxy. Unforgettable adventures in the Parkan II universe await you!
Fonzer: I do need a codecs package. Or otherwise some games become unplayable like morrowind. Like i said first game that has restarting pc issues without a log of error.
The games may have become unplayable because you have/had a codec pack installed. Codec packs cause conflicts. In my experience, removing them doesn't always fix the problem either. In the future Its probably best to just not install them in the first place. If a game or app needs a codec, it will install it on its own. If you need a codec to watch a video file or something, then use a media player with its own codecs. Like VLC. If for some reason you do actually need to manually install a codec, then just install the one you need. Not a whole pack.
Awesome!

Was always super interested in Parkan and loved the principle of it, but it was just a *bit* too dated for me in the visuals department.

This, on the other hand, looks just darn fine! Might even fire it up sooner than later.

Two questions - it looks like this one still has the FPS action of the original - that true? Do you get to upgrade your little guy and run around Doom style? I know the gamecard mentioned ship boarding actions and it looks like you can get into scraps on planets too - is this just for "setpiece" missions or can you land and FPS fight pretty much as you please?

Second - this is an older game, so I'm guessing flight stick is pretty much where it's at for the sim part? I don't mind keyboard / mouse for flight sims, but I REALLY like an excuse to dust off the old flight stick. Because of its age, I'm *guessing* this is a stick first game, right?

Anyway, super excited - like I said always LOVED the idea of Parkan but the first just hadn't aged well enough to get me to go for it. This one just sweet though!
Ixamyakxim: Two questions - it looks like this one still has the FPS action of the original - that true? Do you get to upgrade your little guy and run around Doom style? I know the gamecard mentioned ship boarding actions and it looks like you can get into scraps on planets too - is this just for "setpiece" missions or can you land and FPS fight pretty much as you please?

Second - this is an older game, so I'm guessing flight stick is pretty much where it's at for the sim part? I don't mind keyboard / mouse for flight sims, but I REALLY like an excuse to dust off the old flight stick. Because of its age, I'm *guessing* this is a stick first game, right?
I have zero idea about any kind of joysticks. Nevertheless, Game Bomb mentions native support for flightstick and gamepad, so you can try it - I never did.
As for the first question - yes, half of the game is FPS running around as a dude. You have same customisation of your power armor as the ship, it has slots for different weapons, rockets and systems. And you switch to this mode every time you land on planets, space stations or board ships, so it's a full part of sandbox gameplay. It's quite fun.
Can the flying part be played with mouse + keyboard combination?
OPlayer-SI: Can the flying part be played with mouse + keyboard combination?
Yes, it's perfectly playable like that. It is even similar to Freelancer in that regard - you have a cursor that moves direction where you fly and aim - further you move it from the center the faster.
Oh, thank you for the information! :)
I want to ask is the german voice acting better than the english one?
It's because i understand both english and german language and wonder which one is better.
By now i only tried english one.
Fonzer: I want to ask is the german voice acting better than the english one?
It's because i understand both english and german language and wonder which one is better.
By now i only tried english one.
Let's just say the even the original russian voice acting is amusingly bad. I wouldn't keep my hopes up X)