It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast. Frantic. FPS. Roguelike.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, a frantic roguelike FPS, is now available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30%* launch discount.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition combines two insanely fun and popular gameplay elements into what can only be described as a winning formula. It's fast and frantically classic FPS action, where unpredictable movement and precise aim are essential, mixed in with the difficulty and randomization of modern roguelikes. You'll travel between closed arenas with increasingly more challenging and unusual enemies in a fully-randomized, retro styled environment. It's gonna get messy, so how long will you last?

Can you blast your way to the end of this unpredictable dungeon? Unlikely. Still, you can now find out in Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, DRM-free on GOG.com!

*the discount was increased from 25% to 30%. If you happened to purchase the game with the lower discount, please get in touch with our customer support. We'll make it better!
Austrobogulator: Gog: the place where you go to get Steam's leftovers :P
What leftovers?
xxxIndyxxx: Hmm an indie I am actually interested in. A rare occurance indeed. Anybody played it? How hard is it?
It depends on which character you pick :)

I would recommend starting off with the Tank as he has the most health and the best boss killing weapon: the Cannon :)

It's quite challenging, for me at least, as it can start resembling a bullet hell in the later levels :)
JudasIscariot: It depends on which character you pick :)

I would recommend starting off with the Tank as he has the most health and the best boss killing weapon: the Cannon :)

It's quite challenging, for me at least, as it can start resembling a bullet hell in the later levels :)
vicklemos: Don't wanna nose in, Judas, but how's the Linux version? I remember that developers had a tough time with it.
I played the version that we received before we recieved the Atonement Edition and I had no problems so, unless something got changed drastically, you should have no problems running this version :)
JudasIscariot: It depends on which character you pick :)

xxxIndyxxx: Can you compare it's difficulty to other games? Let's say Tower of Guns?
Hmmmmm kind of but there is a slight twist to this one as the enemies really make no sound, unless I missed something because I am damn near deaf :P, and they move around unlike the majority of ToG's enemies.

I have yet to beat the levels in PA whereas I've had a winning run in ToG :)
Gengar78: WOW! This remake of Freddi Fish 2 looks pretty go...wait, I don't remember there being randomly generated levels... GOG I THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE FISH A.I.!!!!!
Well, you can shoot blowfish in this game so if it makes you feel any better you can name them all Freddi :)
Post edited February 13, 2015 by JudasIscariot
Saoshyant: Ah, here we have GOG.com again showing their willingness to shove _any_ indie game into their store regardless of quality instead of doing the smart move and only sign up proved, well reviewed games.

DRM-free is not enough to get people's attention -- ask Desura. If you want to sign up newer games with the tagline that they are DRM-free, you should make sure quality over quantity is your mantra. And Paranautical Activity, even before the ridiculous amount of unprofessionalism and poisonous attitude the "company" behind said title showed before it got booted out of Steam, was already known for being a rather bad videogame. One can't recommend friends to check out GOG.com if it becomes a directory of garbage where you have to tell people "no, don't pick that one. No, not that one either, jesus, that's garbage".

If you want to stay relevant and not turn into the next Desura do stick with quality titles. Don't add garbage. Here's my vote you remove this specific game from your store and be pickier with future titles. Think long term.
I played the game and I liked it despite the drama surrounding the game and yes, I know my opinion makes me biased because I work here and all :)

If we really wanted "to shove _any_ indie game into their store" as you say, then you'd see just about everything with varying amounts of quality but, hey, why take my word for it? :)
Redfern: Its VERY unfortunate there is still no Underrail on GOG.
Well, let's hope Underrail gets finished :)

I hope to see it here one day but that's just me and should not be taken as a hint or anything :)