It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One Hell of a time.

<span class="bold">Painkiller Overdose</span>, the intense stand-alone expansion to the acclaimed FPS of exhilarating carnage, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 80% launch discount.

Grab a badass-looking gun. Use said gun on the first ugly face you come across. Keep blowing up uglies and watching things explode. Don't turn to look - it's not what cool guys do. Pick up some health, then run towards the next demonic horde. Blast, jump, strafe, annihilate. Emerge on the other side covered in guts, blood, and sweet sweet adrenaline.
This frenetic action and unapologetic gorefest are the pillars of the Painkiller Overdose experience, along with a delectable selection of eccentric new weapons and over 40 hellish monsters and bosses, spread across 16 levels of non-stop killing. Claim the power of a demi-god and make Hell a (slightly) better and less crowded place.

Get your adrenaline flowing and blast your way through countless monsters in <span class="bold">Painkiller Overdose</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 80% discount will last until October 24, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_TuwYyue7Kg
Post edited October 20, 2016 by maladr0Id
eiii: 80% launch discount, not bad. :D I can't remember to have seen such a launch discount before. Hard to resist when the game runs on my system. As Painkiller Black Edition runs quite well under Linux/Wine, has anyone tried Overdose under Linux/Wine yet?

Edit: At this price I've tried the game myself. The intro works but when you start a single player game it crashes. I'm not sure what they have changed in the engine compared to the original game that it now crashes under Wine. :(
Hmm. The WINE AppDB says that it should be Platinum under Vanilla 1.9.11. (Assuming that this version is just like the Steam release.) Have you tried installing directx9? One of the earlier reports said they had to install that first.
ThomNG: There is no reason why it shouldn't be here, correct ;)
Plan to release on GOG Supreme Commander?
Attachments:
Post edited October 21, 2016 by Casval_Deikun
ThomNG: Hell yeah! Enjoy :)
Thanks! When is Painkiller: Hell and Damnation coming to GOG? It has a native Linux version, but I'm not using Steam, so I can't buy it. Please release it here!
Leroux: Not for Austrian and Swiss IPs though.
Well, obviously. :)
I meant "funny" as "humorous", not "strange", which is my mistake, of course people would take it as "strange", it is a rather common meaning of the word.
It was a quick comment, I put the word in quotation marks as in "funny, but not funny, because people cannot play the game".

I would also like to mention that I find bashing GOG for blocking games ridiculous, they merely act according to laws.
high rated
eiii: 80% launch discount, not bad. :D I can't remember to have seen such a launch discount before.
Painkiller is usually coming on sale multiple times during Halloween promotions. While setting this GOG release date, it was too close for me to Halloween sales to go with another release discount than the discount level we have approved for Halloween. I mean hell - I would be really angry if buying newly released titles (even older titles) at a certain (lower) release discount level and then - one week later - they are much cheaper on all the other platforms - that would not be fair. Therefore we went for that discount ;-) GOG community deserves it!

As on the multiple requests on bringing various other titles: we have signed various older titles (like Overdose) with GOG recently - some of the titles named will be released in the next weeks. However you also have to understand that making DRM free versions is sometimes really hard or even impossible - especially if a game was just designed as Steam version originally. However as you see we are huge supporters of GOG and always trying to release as many games as possible :)
Post edited October 21, 2016 by ThomNG
ThomNG: As on the multiple requests on bringing various other titles: we have signed various older titles (like Overdose) with GOG recently - some of the titles named will be released in the next weeks.
<...>
as you see we are huge supporters of GOG and always trying to release as many games as possible :)
That sounds great, thanks!

ThomNG: However you also have to understand that making DRM free versions is sometimes really hard or even impossible - especially if a game was just designed as Steam version originally.
Yeah, I get it, if some games use Steamworks for multiplayer, they are essentially locked into Steam, unless developers rewrite that part using distributor independent tools, or are willing to release the game without multiplayer. Personally I don't mind developers cutting out Steamworks to release it here, even if it means losing multiplayer. It's better than nothing at all, but that's just my preference of course, since I care about single player experience mostly. But there can be quite a number of such users here.
Post edited October 21, 2016 by shmerl
Instabought.
Pleasant surprise and a nice discount. Thanks Nordic ;)

As on the multiple requests on bringing various other titles: we have signed various older titles (like Overdose) with GOG recently - some of the titles named will be released in the next weeks.
Really looking forward to this. Great, thanks!
eiii: 80% launch discount, not bad. :D I can't remember to have seen such a launch discount before. Hard to resist when the game runs on my system. As Painkiller Black Edition runs quite well under Linux/Wine, has anyone tried Overdose under Linux/Wine yet?

Edit: At this price I've tried the game myself. The intro works but when you start a single player game it crashes. I'm not sure what they have changed in the engine compared to the original game that it now crashes under Wine. :(
Can you pastebin me the terminal output? :) Haven't had a chance to look into this one yet... too many games coming out all at once :P
Since the developers participate in this thread, I have two questions:

1. Is there a chance for a Painkiller 2 game? I mean a real sequel with totaly new levels on modern technology.

2. How comes that Nordic turns out to be one of the coolest fan friendly developers? For Titan Quest Anniversary alone you have my eternal gratitude. :)
Oddeus: Since the developers participate in this thread, I have two questions:

1. Is there a chance for a Painkiller 2 game? I mean a real sequel with totaly new levels on modern technology.

2. How comes that Nordic turns out to be one of the coolest fan friendly developers? For Titan Quest Anniversary alone you have my eternal gratitude. :)
The only thing is that those are 2 questions I cannot answer :) Btw. I like playing Titan Quest Anniversary on my own, it rocks :)
Oddeus: Since the developers participate in this thread, I have two questions:

ThomNG: The only thing is that those are 2 questions I cannot answer :) Btw. I like playing Titan Quest Anniversary on my own, it rocks :)
Never mind, I found my own answers:

1. I´ll keep praying.
2. You guys rock.
ThomNG: However as you see we are huge supporters of GOG and always trying to release as many games as possible :)
That is wonderful to hear. Thanks for your efforts!!! I'm looking forward to spend a lot of money on your new releases here on GOG, IF YOU LET ME. ;)
ThomNG:
Thanks for posting here. I played the original Painkiller back when and loved it. Always felt to me if SEGA would release a FPS arcade machine, it would play like Painkiller. Since we've got the main game discounted as well, I just grabbed both. Looking forward to the other releases you mentioned. \m/
I'd buy it, but unfortunately I can't. -.-°
Anybody wanna trade?