It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

(Re)turn of the King

<span class="bold">Overfall</span>, a roguelike RPG overflowing with unpredictable challenges and emergent story elements, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Two heroes begin a desperate search for a lost king. Their mission? To activate the beacons resting on the islands populated by all the known races of this vast archipelago. Every NPC they recruit could mean the difference between the mission's success or failure, and offer a new approach to the challenges of the journey. They have to outmaneuver their opponents with smart turn-based moves and tactical choices, constantly keeping an eye out for the dynamic world changes that threaten to derail their epic quest. But even if they manage to escape permadeath and finish their mission, this is hardly the end of the road. The built-in Story Builder will compel you to come up with your own intriguing tales, outshining even those of your guide Chris Avellone, the ultimate word-chef.

Navigate a treacherous sea of diverse races and possibilities as you struggle to overcome <span class="bold">Overfall</span>. The 10% launch discount will last until May 31, 4:59 PM UTC.
MrDrWatson: It seems this game has workshop on steam. Will it have something similar on GOG? Just because of that I might buy it on steam instead of GOG, because I always prefer to have more content.
Or can we download from the workshop and use it on GOG's version?
I would like to know this too.Does the GOG version include the Story Creator tools? It would be a shame if there's no way to make/download user created content with GOG version.
Post edited May 19, 2016 by jesusburton
HunchBluntley: Good. Me neither. : )
There are games I own (here, even :P ) and which I have (in some cases) played for several hours that I've not yet rated, simply because I don't feel I've gotten far enough into them and/or figured them out well enough to be able to judge how good they are overall.
mrkgnao: You may be interested to know that practically every time GOG has a sale (e.g. every Monday and every Friday), MaGog notices changes (up or down) in the ratings of many of the games that are on sale, usually within 24 hours of the sale start.

Which to me means that a significant number of people buy a game on sale, install it, play it for a few hours (or minutes) and then rush to post their rating on GOG. I am always amazed by this.

Works like clockwork on practically every sale.
yup i noticed that aswell, i noticed it from the minute i signed up: signed-up on Sep. 3, 2014
on steam almost everyone seems to wait for the 50 cents deals, and the rush to rate the game...
i cant call these people real gamers.
I been gaming since my 12, so i consider myself a real gamer and a real games 'lover' i like games alot...
i have played hundred of games in the past 40 years.

About rating: i seldom rate or review a game, i often reply if some user has given a very bad review of games i own aswell (just because i own hundreds of games here and as much on gamersgate and elsewhere, on retail and more,doesnt mean i will rate or review them).

You can share a gaming experience , thats true, but that same experience will be different to other gamers, so you can only give an overall review or reply about a certain game.

One thing is clear: most classic i own (on retail aswell) have proven to be good:

command and conquer , red alert (classics)
jagged alliance (classic)
fallout (classics)
baldurs gates (classics)
age of empires (classics)
commandos (classics)
and many many more, even many classic versions of point and click (i dont fancy the 3d versions).

Anyway, i try to visit gog and the other sites i have accounts , at least once a day to check if new games (be it old games or new releases) that i might like have arrived.

So far many games ( sadly mostly new games) have arrived since the last quarter of 2015, there were at least hundred games , maybe even more, released, i think i have maybe 10 or 12 games of these, that is rather low, and the majority of them are old games.

I still dont understand why the other old games i mentioned dozen times before arent released here DRM free?
my wallet is a litte bit growing cause there are only very few games released i that i like, and am able to play ((game)motionsicknes/photosensitivity) so i am quite limited in buying games already (otherwise i would have had 1000 games by now here at GoG).
Most old games are released at a sale at lets say 8 or 9 euros, i have mentioned 10 or 12 old classic games
that i would buy if they arrived here.

As for indie games and casuals i can get these almost anywhere , lots are on cd/dvd.
I am a huge fan of the old games :D the ones that wont run on win7 64 bits, these are the games i be looking for.
I have all the old games here i can play... i also have other very good new games: all wadjet eyes because they look and feel like old good games, i have annas quest, and more new games like this.
Post edited May 19, 2016 by gamesfreak64
MrDrWatson: It seems this game has workshop on steam. Will it have something similar on GOG? Just because of that I might buy it on steam instead of GOG, because I always prefer to have more content.
Or can we download from the workshop and use it on GOG's version?
jesusburton: I would like to know this too.Does the GOG version include the Story Creator tools? It would be a shame if there's no way to make/download user created content with GOG version.
There are no Story Creator tools in the GoG version as far as I can tell :(