It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alien nation.

Outcast - Second Contact is now available 45% off until February 5, 2PM UTC.
Welcome back to the open world of Adelpha, now looking and handling better than ever! Join smug, gruff, and resourceful military man Cutter Slade as he finds himself stranded on this fascinating alien planet, both hunted and revered by the warring local factions.

Rebuilt from the ground up, this is a complete remake which perfectly captures the sense of exploration, challenge, and discovery that the beloved original is known for.
mechmouse: There will be plenty of gamers who would have wanted a GoG release, but would have bought on Steam thinking its never coming.
jalister: Luckily I learned a while ago to wait for a GOG release after a Steam release. It saved me from buying Tokyo 42 on Steam.
Well I don't buy anything on Steam,
but others don't wait.
Klumpen0815: Why Windows only then?
CMOT70: I just want you to know this is a serious response and not just a jab at Linux users for fun. Every Linux user I know also uses Windows of some sort as well.
I still very occasionally use windows, but that is changing as time goes on. Windows 10 is junk. However, there are Linux users out there that refuse to use Windows.
Anamon: They obviously have the rights to the name and story elements, they have the budget and manpower, and they have the technology to make a good game – so, I'm left wondering, why are we getting this instead of a proper sequel?
Because they already unsuccessfully tried to crowdfund just that. Also, there's a huge difference in budgetary needs between remaking a game that's all laid out already (afaik, most of the original audio is reused) and starting a new one from scratch.
Post edited January 30, 2018 by Mr.Mumbles
Never played the original but this looks interesting.
Does this come with the DLC?
Klumpen0815: Why Windows only then?
No matter how many years go by the idea of PC gamers who don't use Windows at all never ceases to be a laugh riot.
trusteft: I assume you have no idea what these games are. They are all "full 3D" and open world. Play them first.
No, thanks. I have played various games using "3D" graphics like them. I have no wish to revisit those days.
I really liked the original Outcast, but considering it still looks pretty decent today because of the voxel-based engine and is perfectly playable, I don't see why a remake was necessary.

Honestly, if you're going to remake an old game, why not pick one that can't work on modern PCs, or at least one with truly crap graphics? I'd pay a lot of money for a good remake of, say, Midwinter or its sequel. For Outcast, not so much.
What a strange release pattern. Outcast never struck me as having much of a following on Steam, so releasing it there first and not doing a GOG release until later seems odd to me. Probably publisher interference.
It's still Outcast though, so all I'm waiting for are some impressions to make sure it's a good remake before jumping in!

mechmouse: Just went to see how many wishes Outcast had got, but its not there any more.

Anyway to find out how many votes a fulfilled wish had got?
HereForTheBeer: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lame_uses_for_a_time_machine

; )

Just ribbing ya. Would be nice to leave them up there, to show people that the wishlist votes might actually have an effect.
It's there, but you need to uncheck "hide completed" at the bottom while searching: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/outcast_second_contact
Post edited January 30, 2018 by Fortuk
Man I'm already getting the Outcast goosebumps, such a good game. I'm eager to see what other people who played the original think of this one.
Awesome. I'm still waiting for the bugs to be fixed. Glad to be rid of "voxel" (turns out it isn't voxel. Source: Link).
In steam i can buy teh Soundtrack as DLC...

is there no way to get the soundtrack on GoG ?
trusteft: I assume you have no idea what these games are. They are all "full 3D" and open world. Play them first.
HunchBluntley: No, thanks. I have played various games using "3D" graphics like them. I have no wish to revisit those days.
Well, that's your right, but, if you are going to mention how some games are not what they actually are, perhaps do some digging before you say that. Else you are going to end up looking like an ass.
Speaking from personal experience and looking like a fool more than once in my life. :p
Klumpen0815: Doing a remake of a 19 year old game and then not making it multi-platform in 2018. Why?!
Excuse my confusion, but: "Wait, what?"

Outcast - Second Contact runs on the Unity engine (Unity 5 according to my source). Wasn't Unity supposed to make porting as easy as pushing a button? Am I reading this wrong? I was under the impression that (while I'm not a fan of their privacy policy) Unity was good for the market since it made games available on more platforms and forced other game engines to consider better support for porting.

Edit:
Struggling with the forum features...
Post edited January 30, 2018 by HeartsAndRainbows
Klumpen0815: Doing a remake of a 19 year old game and then not making it multi-platform in 2018. Why?!
HeartsAndRainbows: Excuse my confusion, but: "Wait, what?"

Outcast - Second Contact runs on the Unity engine (Unity 5 according to my source). Wasn't Unity supposed to make porting as easy as pushing a button? Am I reading this wrong? I was under the impression that (while I'm not a fan of their privacy policy) Unity was good for the market since it made games available on more platforms and forced other game engines to consider better support for porting.

Edit:
Struggling with the forum features...
It even uses Unity and they didn't compile it for Linux?
Great, I especially love when that happens, which is quite often.