It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No news is true news.

UPDATE: Episode Three is now out! Complete your investigation and uncover the truth. Or at least the version of it that suits you...
All three episodes of the season are included in this product, you don't need to purchase them separately.
If you want the complete series, get the original Orwell 50% off until March 29, 3pm UTC.

Orwell: Ignorance is Strength is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
This surveillance system is designed to serve the public. Will it do it by serving lies? Personal interests of certain individuals? Harsh truths? With a political crisis brewing over the border and your leaders growing uneasy over its implications, it is your job as operator of this all-knowing machine to uncover, manipulate, or fabricate the truth as your conscience dictates.

Grab the Deluxe Edition if you want to add the game's OST to your collection.
Pop
GOG.com: If you're new to the dystopian world of Orwell, go ahead and get Seasons Complete, which contains both games for 30% off.
The second link in the description on that game page Seasons Complete accidentally includes the whole description after it within that link (leading to "Orwell: Ignorance is Strength"). It's much more obvious when "Read more" is clicked. Everything is underlined.

EDIT: Actually, it goes beyond the description to the user reviews section, making the phrases "user reviews", "My rating", and the "My review: add now" all a part of that link.

EDIT 2: Well, a few days later and the whole description and everything after it on the "Seasons Complete" game page is still one big link leading to the second game. I guess it's a feature, perhaps for encouraging not buying the "Seasons Complete". :-/
Post edited February 25, 2018 by thomq
GOG.com: Orwell: Ignorance is Strength is now available, 10% off until March 1st, 4PM UTC. Those who already own the first Orwell, get an additional 10% discount.
Orwell: Ignorance is Strength Season 2 Deluxe is showing only a 10% discount despite owning the original.
GOG.com: Orwell: Ignorance is Strength is now available, 10% off until March 1st, 4PM UTC. Those who already own the first Orwell, get an additional 10% discount.
SeduceMePlz: Orwell: Ignorance is Strength Season 2 Deluxe is showing only a 10% discount despite owning the original.
Only valid for the base version I guess. You don't get the 10% if you want the ost. :P
Deluxe version still cheaper than Steam
Too realistic.
greeklover: Deluxe version still cheaper than Steam
You can get the Steam version for the same price as the GOG version if you buy it on Humble.
I have noticed a trend. Games dealing with surveillance always give the player the perspective of the peeping toms, not that of their victims. Maybe it's just that this makes for better gameplay. But I much prefer the perspective in the original 1984. To me, games like this sound a bit like they're unwittingly humanizing fascists, making them into those deep ones that had to deal with hard choices and moral dilemmas too deep for ordinary people: "you must decide for yourself how far you will go in the service of your country and whether the truth is sacred or ignorance is strength"
KasperHviid: I have noticed a trend. Games dealing with surveillance always give the player the perspective of the peeping toms, not that of their victims. Maybe it's just that this makes for better gameplay. But I much prefer the perspective in the original 1984. To me, games like this sound a bit like they're unwittingly humanizing fascists, making them into those deep ones that had to deal with hard choices and moral dilemmas too deep for ordinary people: "you must decide for yourself how far you will go in the service of your country and whether the truth is sacred or ignorance is strength"
Have you played the Orwell games?

Do it, you won't regret it, it's not about fascism, it's about today's real world.

To those starting the new game, try to find your savegame from the first season, it'll "pair" you with it. Read there isn't anything related to that pairing in the first episode, but better do it now (I've myself done the new season while not being paired and I'll have to replay the first episode now :P).
greeklover: Deluxe version still cheaper than Steam
SeduceMePlz: You can get the Steam version for the same price as the GOG version if you buy it on Humble.
And why would someone prefer a Steam version to a GOG version, anyway?
SeduceMePlz: You can get the Steam version for the same price as the GOG version if you buy it on Humble.
Lone_Scout: And why would someone prefer a Steam version to a GOG version, anyway?
Because "my library" and "I want to have all my games on one place". Just 2 quotes I read from time to time on reddit and co. :-/

It's because users are "lazy" and don't understand that competition is always good, while on the other hand I understand SOME of these people, because I always have like 6 launchers on my PC, while on Battle.net or Uplay I play around one or two games xD
So I have no idea no to get the second episode. Could any of you explain how I download it? Thanks.
WillRigby: So I have no idea no to get the second episode. Could any of you explain how I download it? Thanks.
I'm having the same issue. It still shows the "2nd episode coming March 8" image when I try to continue.
Any help would be appreciated. :)
WillRigby: So I have no idea no to get the second episode. Could any of you explain how I download it? Thanks.
Download the installer again in your library.
kaymwhit: I'm having the same issue. It still shows the "2nd episode coming March 8" image when I try to continue.
Any help would be appreciated. :)
Same with you, another option would be using Galaxy as games automatically update.
Post edited March 10, 2018 by omega64