It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A survival dungeon crawler deeply rooted in Norse mythology. Niffelheim is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 75% discount until 13 January 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Our hero is a Viking warrior who fell on the field of battle. Instead of feasting in halls of Valhalla, his founds his spirit tossed into the dark and dangerous world of Niffelheim where he must struggle to avoid fate even worse than death.
I decided to buy it, now i have at least 1 game that will run on my new win 10 system and it has 4:3 which should be able to show on my old crt.
Ellada Games answered me on FB:
hello, thank you for reply.
we hope it will be possible to bring linux version on GoG
Also, if it will be possible we will bring DLCs as well
we should try to figure out with it in couple weeks
In general I think the game would be worth trying in the current price (even considering some negative opinions), but I just don't want to support, if there is no Linux installer and important for gameplay DLCs here (especially that they already exist elsewhere). I'll wait for a proper GOG release or just pass this title (but for sure don't want to purchase it on Steam).
ciemnogrodzianin: Ellada Games answered me on FB:

hello, thank you for reply.
we hope it will be possible to bring linux version on GoG
Also, if it will be possible we will bring DLCs as well
we should try to figure out with it in couple weeks
ciemnogrodzianin: In general I think the game would be worth trying in the current price (even considering some negative opinions), but I just don't want to support, if there is no Linux installer and important for gameplay DLCs here (especially that they already exist elsewhere). I'll wait for a proper GOG release or just pass this title (but for sure don't want to purchase it on Steam).
Still I have to say that it is quite positive how fast the devs are replying and they also don't simply say "no". If you'd ask me, I really have the feeling that they actually WILL try to add DLC and Linux so maybe I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
rjbuffchix: The thing is, your examples from then, like Niffelheim now apparently, fly in the face of what GOG's sister site FCKDRM.com says. Maybe they should update that site with a "just kidding, this only applies to singleplayer" disclaimer.
It also boils down a lot to what is DRM in the first place and what the client actually does. DRM is (hopefully) Digital Rights Management, and as such the use of a client is not DRM unless the client in some form manages... ummm... your digital rights. if the client is only there to provide a MP architecture, then it is not DRM, no more than a LAN cable is DRM, i.e. only a dependency. Just because it is a client, does not make it DRM. It depends on what the client does.

(I have no idea about this game... don't own it and I do not play MP to start with)
zlep: Fair enough. I'm still surprised at this DLC becoming the poster child for "GOG must have this or the game is trash" though.
No, no, no. At least I never said the game is or even might be trash.
For me it is simply about the question if this is a dev I want to support or not. If it would only be about a certain game I would just buy it and be done with it (and I am curious about this one and like you said, the discount is really good). I have quite a few games - in fact I probably won't have the time to play all of them - and I know the history about some devs neglecting GOG ... I am also trying to do everything to make them change their behavior ... so for me (!) buying something here is not just about the games anymore but also about supporting devs behind it. These devs seem to react on feedback and right now (like I said in the post above) it seems as if they are not just another dev who does not care about GOG customers or GOG customers complaints ... for me this is a really good thing already.
gamesfreak64: I decided to buy it, now i have at least 1 game that will run on my new win 10 system and it has 4:3 which should be able to show on my old crt.
I think the game will run fine for you - it should not be that demanding. Requirements are usually not written in stone so you should give it a go anyways (and yes, I know you will check if your CPU/GPU is sweating or not - if possible try to limit the frame rate to your monitors refresh rate and you should be fine).
Post edited January 09, 2020 by MarkoH01
Xabyer_B: Does it have online coop? On the Steam page it says yes, but it is no the first game that comes to gog losing features. Does anyone know anything about it?.

I have no intention of buying it on Steam. if it not complete here, I don't intend to buy it. It would be to play it in online coop with a friend, so there are two sales at stake. (In case there's any Dev reading this).
dgnfly: It does not have any multiplayer features. So another botched release pretty much a version that lacks both content and online gameplay.

EDIT: seems the multiplayer is tied to GOG Galaxy which means it won't show up otherwise.
Don't blame GOG for this, blame the game devs (Like every game that requires Galaxy for network functions).
They released a game that uses store client networking (Steam Networking), to run multiplayer modes.

The devs could have made networking part of their game, but chose the lazy ass, leave it to Steam route.
Without Galaxy, this (and many other games with store based multiplayer, would never be released on GOG.

Those of us that choose not to use Galaxy, at least still get to play the single player modes this way.
I'm glad I'm a a purely Single Player Gamer, and I never play co-op, or multiplayer.
As an added bonus, I don't get stupid store based "Achievement popups either.
UhuruNUru: As an added bonus, I don't get stupid store based "Achievement popups either.
Well you won't be forced to get those anyways since you can turn them off in the store based client - at least on GOG.
low rated
thought it looked kkz 'til i saw teh genre. hey ho

ignorin' teh usual gogie user sperg-crap
MarkoH01: Well you won't be forced to get those anyways since you can turn them off in the store based client - at least on GOG.
I wouldn't be "Forced", in any case, because I don't even use Galaxy, but choice is always better than none, for those that do use it..
MarkoH01: Well you won't be forced to get those anyways since you can turn them off in the store based client - at least on GOG.
UhuruNUru: I wouldn't be "Forced", in any case, because I don't even use Galaxy, but choice is always better than none, for those that do use it..
You said that it is a plus of not using the client that you would not get annoying achievements popups. I simply said that evfen IF you would do so you would not have to deal with achievements since they are optional anyway (if client based of course - ingame achievements are independent from Galaxy and might as well be mandatory).
UhuruNUru: I wouldn't be "Forced", in any case, because I don't even use Galaxy, but choice is always better than none, for those that do use it..
I dont use it either but a while back( somewhere in 1999)) i had to use it because the site was impossible to log in using browser , i was able to read the website had problems , seems the site had problems since the new look/ version , far more ' problems' with the website took place.

( knock on wood) before i used the Steam client i logged into Steam via browser , and never had any problem, because back then they were not playing around , since the last updates of the Steam client , it became an awfull... slow... cpu and gpu eating 'behemoth', its large in size and awfull...., i don't know but i assume the browser version will be as bad now aswell ... thats what happened to the Steam site that used to be very easy to navigate and find things very quickly.
Anyway thats what happens if the tech like to play around with things to make it look 'better' :
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Post edited January 11, 2020 by gamesfreak64
Hmm appears I missed all the disucssions. Had the game in a tab in my browser ready to buy last night but I was tired so thought I'll do it tomorrow. Then promptly forgot. Never mind, I'll wait for the next sale and perhaps that DLC that folks are talking about might be available by then as well.
garynino: But isn't GOG doing false advertisement? seeing as when you go the games page it states GAME FEATURES: ''Multi-player'' and there isn't any.
There is, and the game page also states the following:
Notes: Online Multiplayer requires Galaxy authentication.