It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play it again, Geralt!

The final piece of The Witcher 3 16 FREE DLC program is now available. It was an awesome ride full of fun surprises and additions to the game, and it's about to go out with a bang!

By far the most highly requested addition to the game: New Game+ is here.
Starting today, you never ever have to say goodbye to Geralt of Rivia and the gang, and a whole new world of high-level loot and enemies awaits to truly bring out The Witcher in you. If you feel like you strolled through the game for the story before, this is your chance to turn up the difficulty, stock up on potions, memorise your signs, plan your attacks, and really feel the constant pressure of a monster hunter's daily "routine". If you can call it that.

With last week's update introducing Mod Support for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - the possibilities for your next playthrough are just about endless.

INSTALLING THE FREE CONTENT:

Here is how you can grab and install your new DLC in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Add the 16 FREE DLC Program to your account from its product page. It's like buying a game, but free.

A) If you're using GOG Galaxy:

--Select The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt from the sidebar to open its game page.
--Click on the drop-down labeled "More", (located next to the PLAY button) and choose "Configure".
--The Configure page will feature all available DLCs listed towards the bottom.
--Select each DLC that you want to install, and GOG Galaxy will do the rest. If you want to remove the DLC from your game, simply uncheck the selection box.

B) If you're using the website:

You can download installers for each DLC pack manually. Simply head to the Library section of My Account, locate The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and download the files you want. Afterwards, run each one as if you were installing a game or patch.
Thanks ... Were is my save ? -.-
Morior_Invictus: Hm. For some odd reason achievements for the Witcher 3 aren't unlocking after I updated it. Anyone else having the same issue?
I have the same problem...
MisterAlex: That said, I don't see any GOG Downloader links for the DLC; do I just grab the ones listed under the "Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Mac OS X - DLC" heading? :v
I do have the DLCs for the Downloader, though it's (obviously) inadequately found under "Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Mac OS X - DLC"...
Szymek3006: Thanks ... Were is my save ? -.-
C:\Users\name\Documents\The Witcher 3\gamesaves
I don't grasp the meaning of this DLC, to be honest. What exactly is this supposed to do? What am I achieving by activating it? Nothing has changed in my game.
Rover_Khan: I don't grasp the meaning of this DLC, to be honest. What exactly is this supposed to do? What am I achieving by activating it? Nothing has changed in my game.
Maybe there are a few buzzwords here your not familar with, this might help.

NG+ or 'New Game Plus' is gaming mechanic applied to lots of video games to provide longevity and challenge.

The basic premise is that when you complete the game, you presumably have aqquired a lot of gear and leveled significently. NG+ offers you the chance to start the game again KEEPING all your gear and levels from the previous playthrough you've completed. It also provides you with a tougher challenge for example, monsters are tougher, rewards maybe less etc.

So if you choose to do another playthrough, you will be presented with the option of playing the NG+ or a the standard new game (starting from 0 again).

Instructions for activating this DLC are listed above.

Hope that helps.
Rover_Khan: I don't grasp the meaning of this DLC, to be honest.
Not sure if you mean DLC in general or just this particular one, so here's a link for DLC in general:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content

Rover_Khan: What exactly is this supposed to do? What am I achieving by activating it? Nothing has changed in my game.
That depends on the individual DLC in question for a particular game. For this particular DLC #16 for The Witcher 3, it opens up a new option when starting a new game after you have completed the game once. When you start a new game you have the option of making it a "New Game +" mode game in which you are prompted to choose a save game from your first run through the game in which you completed the game. Your character data is then loaded from the save game (Geralt at level 35 presumably) and your new game now starts out with Geralt at level 35 for a new playthrough from scratch where all of the enemies are much more powerful and strong to give a whole new challenge to the game. Many games such as the Diablo series have a newgame+ mode once you complete them so you can continue playing with new challenges with your pre-existing high level characters.

The release notes for individual DLC should indicate what the DLC provides and how to activate or access it inside the game.
Still have problem with Achievments in this patch...
Hello,
After sync with GOG I cannot start "New Game plus" (even if I select to disable choices from Witcher 2).
The game still "answers" that selected save game is not from finished game (and yes - I select the save game after finish the game - I do not know english name of the quest but in polish it is "Coś się kończy coś zaczyna" and even later saves [after you finish you can still do optional quests] do not work).

So when will this option be available to me?

I have to finish every one quest in whole game (if it is even possible) or what?

EDIT:
Ok... It was just unclear to me that I have to save my game again to make this work. :/
Post edited August 20, 2015 by neldh
To avantegardner and skeletonbow: Thank you both for your explanation - makes sense now to me! Happy gaming, guys!
Cant download it, again. I dont know what happend with GOG servers or site, but every time when I try download any game or DLC I recive an 403 error. GoG Galaxy not helping, when I try download by this thing, I recive a server problem error....
Great, now that the dlcs are out of the way, I'll wait for the EE to try it.
Kamikave: Great, now that the dlcs are out of the way, I'll wait for the EE to try it.
Jokes on you, the free dlc is done, that much is sure. But that won't stop them from releasing paid dlc, so in theory they are not out of the way.
Good good but did you fix the achivements problem?:)
So I am not seeing the option for NG+ in my game. I have loaded up and resaved my save file with which I have the game beaten as well. One thing I will mention is when I go to my DLC folder it is not showing a "DLC16" folder, however, GOG's EXTRAs bit is showing I have NG+ but I also do NOT see NG+ in the DLC when In-game.