It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into a deep action RPG that tests your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. Fight adversaries who spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness, precision, and instincts. Mortal Shell is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will cease to exist on 2nd September 2021, 1 PM UTC!

Also, take a chance to grab your free copy of Mortal Shell - The Virtuous Cycle DLC on GOG.COM until 24th August 2021, 7 AM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
To the forum.
low rated
looks nice
wishlisted
The metal armour look amazing.
Great work GOG! Another beta offline installer (0.96) at release. Just like the offline installer of Road 96 (still 0.18). Is this your newest attempt to push Galaxy?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_mortal_shell_02c96
Looks awesome.

Wishlisting. Really need to catch up.
andreasmaureder: Great work GOG! Another beta offline installer (0.96) at release. Just like the offline installer of Road 96 (still 0.18). Is this your newest attempt to push Galaxy?
According to gogdb.org 0.96 seems to be the only build that's available right now, period.
Would be odd but what if 0.96 is actually the proper release version?
Current build is 1.06 according to the wiki.
looks like the gog version is out of date right out of the gate. though i may be wrong?

anyone at gog care to clarify?
Post edited August 18, 2021 by fortune_p_dawg
high rated
Apparently even the wiki is out of date, as there are newer patch notes on Reddit. That said I would be surprised if this was actually out of date, I doubt they backported the new DLC to an older version. I might pick it up a bit later today and verify it.

Edit: The dev confirmed that they are using a different version number on GOG.
Post edited August 18, 2021 by soosgjr
I bought the game, installed it via the offline installers and then integrated it into GOG Galaxy. After checking for updates, GOG Galaxy downloaded 0.1 MB of data, I'm assuming this just has to do with the integration. So I think the offline installer and GOG Galaxy versions are identical (as GOGDB suggests).

I also took a look at those Reddit patch notes and checked on one feature from 1.09983 ("The Restore Save feature has been improved: The new menu is now accessible directly from the Main Menu by pressing [X] (Keyboard and Controller)"). I can see the Restore Save feature on the Main Menu and I can access it by pressing X.

This leads me to conclude that Motal Shell is probably up-to-date on GOG, the version number is just wrong.

This has actually happened a few times in recent months: Black Book follows a different version numbering format compared to the Steam version, but it seems to be fairly up-to-date, as far as I have been able to determine. Elderborn recently got its big update, which caused the version number to go DOWN from 1.05 to 1.037, but someone on the forum confirmed that the new version includes features from the newest update on Steam. So the problem with these releases isn't that they're out-of-date, it's that someone at GOG seems to have a hard time with numbers...

EDIT: While I'm at it: It looks like the GOG version includes the "Rotting Christ Pack" DLC out of the gate, which apparently allows you to change the background music in boss fights to songs by the black metal band Rotting Christ. Just in case you were looking at the EGS store and wondered why we don't get that DLC ;)
Post edited August 18, 2021 by Exsurgent
high rated
fortune_p_dawg: looks like the gog version is out of date right out of the gate. though i may be wrong?

As some users have already stated, the version is up to date :)
fortune_p_dawg: looks like the gog version is out of date right out of the gate. though i may be wrong?

SmollestLight: As some users have already stated, the version is up to date :)
excellent! thank you!
I am actually quite excited to give this a try. From what I saw, it's a bit more forgiving than a typical Souls game.