It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into a deep action RPG that tests your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. Fight adversaries who spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness, precision, and instincts. Mortal Shell is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will cease to exist on 2nd September 2021, 1 PM UTC!

Also, take a chance to grab your free copy of Mortal Shell - The Virtuous Cycle DLC on GOG.COM until 24th August 2021, 7 AM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
The game was on my wishlist long before it was released. :) Basically I still don't have enough of Dark Souls formula, especially when the game incorporates some unique elements. From what I've heard it's easier than Dark Souls, but still can be a challenge. A must have for me... :)
Any impression on the game yet? How is the world / exploration / dungeon design? Is it very hard or more forgiving?
SmollestLight: I am actually quite excited to give this a try. From what I saw, it's a bit more forgiving than a typical Souls game.
i thought that about blasphemous, but i ended up finding it consistently tougher than any souls-like i had played previously. i had to walk away. gorgeous gorgeous game, but it was driving me crazy.
Post edited August 19, 2021 by fortune_p_dawg
Mortal Shell - The Virtuous Cycle

When trying to purchase this free DLC, as a gift, I get this:

"Your order contains Mortal Shell - The Virtuous Cycle, which cannot be purchased as a gift in your region at this time. To proceed with your order, please remove Mortal Shell - The Virtuous Cycle."

So, no gift codes I guess.
So, I noticed this has a Twitch drops event, but there seems to be no way to link to a gog account, is this intended?

Edit: Link https://twitch.mortalshell.com/#connect
Post edited August 19, 2021 by Zergoss
fortune_p_dawg: looks like the gog version is out of date right out of the gate. though i may be wrong?

anyone at gog care to clarify?
SmollestLight: As some users have already stated, the version is up to date :)
Thanks!
Post edited August 19, 2021 by dyscode
Exsurgent: EDIT: While I'm at it: It looks like the GOG version includes the "Rotting Christ Pack" DLC out of the gate, which apparently allows you to change the background music in boss fights to songs by the black metal band Rotting Christ. Just in case you were looking at the EGS store and wondered why we don't get that DLC ;)
That is unfortunate and it means a skip for this one for me. A pity, because the game looks interesting, but they can shove such overt satanic content where the sun does not shine.
Exsurgent: EDIT: While I'm at it: It looks like the GOG version includes the "Rotting Christ Pack" DLC out of the gate, which apparently allows you to change the background music in boss fights to songs by the black metal band Rotting Christ. Just in case you were looking at the EGS store and wondered why we don't get that DLC ;)
lubwak: That is unfortunate and it means a skip for this one for me. A pity, because the game looks interesting, but they can shove such overt satanic content where the sun does not shine.
And it made it a must-buy for me. Why so hostile? (rhetorical question, please don't respond to me).
this game is one of the better big budget Dark souls clones out there.
Not that familiar with the band, but it looks like Rotting Christ, as one probably could tell from their name alone, are not only anti-catholic but anti-religion in general. Which unsurprisingly makes them not very well-liked by certain people.

I switched over to their alternative soundtrack here and there (mostly during boss fights) and it certainly fits the carnage but I still prefer the original score.
Swedrami: Not that familiar with the band, but it looks like Rotting Christ, as one probably could tell from their name alone, are not only anti-catholic but anti-religion in general. Which unsurprisingly makes them not very well-liked by certain people.

I switched over to their alternative soundtrack here and there (mostly during boss fights) and it certainly fits the carnage but I still prefer the original score.
[EDIT I've read the name of the DLC, sorry!]
RC are a greek (proto) black metal legend! They also made a split EP with the Italian band Momentum. This is history!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Ajx1x2oD0

But what about them? What looks like them?

About MS: would you say it's as hard or less hard than Hellpoint?
Post edited August 20, 2021 by Dogmaus
Swedrami: Not that familiar with the band, but it looks like Rotting Christ, as one probably could tell from their name alone, are not only anti-catholic but anti-religion in general. Which unsurprisingly makes them not very well-liked by certain people.

Dogmaus: [EDIT I've read the name of the DLC, sorry!]
RC are a greek (proto) black metal legend! They also made a split EP with the Italian band Momentum. This is history!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Ajx1x2oD0

But what about them? What looks like them?

About MS: would you say it's as hard or less hard than Hellpoint?
The Rotting Christ bit was in rhetorical response to rjbuffchix's rhetorical question trying to explain as to why people could react with hostility towards anything a anti-religion Black Metal band is associated with or has contributed to, in this case the optional alternative soundtrack to Mortal Shell.

In regards to Hellpoint being as or less difficult than Mortal Shell - I've played too little of Hellpoint to confidently answer that. Got distracted and consumed by the last Battle Brothers expansion which was released around the same time and haven't picked up Hellpoint again since then.
Dogmaus: [EDIT I've read the name of the DLC, sorry!]
Swedrami: The Rotting Christ bit was in rhetorical response to rjbuffchix's rhetorical question trying to explain as to why people could react with hostility towards anything a anti-religion Black Metal band is associated with or has contributed to, in this case the optional alternative soundtrack to Mortal Shell.

In regards to Hellpoint being as or less difficult than Mortal Shell - I've played too little of Hellpoint to confidently answer that. Got distracted and consumed by the last Battle Brothers expansion which was released around the same time and haven't picked up Hellpoint again since then.
oh yeah, I didn't know why you were talking about RC, becuase I hadn't noticed the name of the DLC. I hadn't heard about them in many years! Glad to know they are still around! I might have some catching up to do with their discography!
As for the difficulty, i was asking to people in general. I'm terrified of Hellpoint as I really tried hard and I could never beat the demo. So as much as I appreaciated the gift the label Souls-like (whatever it means) can be intimidating for me. Blasphemous is enough of a pain. XD
Swedrami: The Rotting Christ bit was in rhetorical response to rjbuffchix's rhetorical question trying to explain as to why people could react with hostility towards anything a anti-religion Black Metal band is associated with or has contributed to, in this case the optional alternative soundtrack to Mortal Shell.

Dogmaus: oh yeah, I didn't know why you were talking about RC, becuase I hadn't noticed the name of the DLC. I hadn't heard about them in many years! Glad to know they are still around! I might have some catching up to do with their discography!
As for the difficulty, i was asking to people in general. I'm terrified of Hellpoint as I really tried hard and I could never beat the demo. So as much as I appreaciated the gift the label Souls-like (whatever it means) can be intimidating for me. Blasphemous is enough of a pain. XD
This game is disappointingly challenging. Like slow animations with fast enemies that attack in numbers. It feels unfair at times, but switching shells can help in some circumstances.
paladin181: This game is disappointingly challenging. Like slow animations with fast enemies that attack in numbers. It feels unfair at times, but switching shells can help in some circumstances.
thanks, this is what I fear, fast enemies attacking me while my character is still busy with the dash animation -__-