It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ever danced with the devils in the pale moonlight?

UPDATE: An evocative sound design is half the charm for any 2D platformer worth its salt. Momodora's intoxicating tunes are no exception, and you can now get them separately in the game's <span class="bold">21-track OST</span>!
The soundtrack is 30% off until until February 1st, 2:00PM UTC.

<span class="bold">Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight</span>, a retro-styled action-platformer telling the tale of a persistent warrior priestess, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

This is a story about a cursed land crawling with all kinds of horrors and steeped in distrust and hopelessness. Kaho, a warrior priestess, is determined to end the darkness by seeking out her merciful queen's help. A beautiful dance of epic fights, brutal combos, well-timed dodges, and precision platforming begins under the perilous night sky. There is a certain romance to this senseless brutality but plenty of challenge too, as Kaho will need to stay focused and move swiftly, if she doesn't want this to be her last moonlight.

Fight your way through a beautiful land drenched in blood and despair in <span class="bold">Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9wJI_VjFqlg
Post edited January 25, 2017 by maladr0Id
Silence does no one know if this is good?

---- see I could resist the temptation to say first ----
damn failed
Post edited May 25, 2016 by deonast
No Momodora 3?
Hmmm.
Might pick it up anyway, hope I won't be missing out on anything by not playing the third.
SELL IT TO ME GOG!
*cough*
Post edited May 25, 2016 by omega64
high rated
Neat release but why is <span class="bold">Momodora III</span> not available on GOG? :D

And if anyone wants to try the previous games - <span class="bold">Momodora I</span> and <span class="bold">Momodora II</span> are free.
Impaler26: Neat release but why is <span class="bold">Momodora III</span> not available on GOG? :D
Probably because unlike Momodora III, Reverie Under the Moonlight is not self-published.
Post edited May 25, 2016 by Grargar
high rated
Amazing release, but what about the other games in the series? I know the first two are donationware and the third is only $2, but I think a bundle of all three for $5.99, with extras, would be palatable for both the dev and customers. Vote now! Completionists unite!

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/momodora
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/momodora_ii
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/momodora_iii
Post edited May 25, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
I don't know if the game is good but I like the title :)

And in the trailer, seems like you have to defeat a boss by beating her boobs. Japan, what else? ^o^
Yay! It looks so cute!

But too bad the other Momodora aren't here, yet. I've read they were story-connected (apparently, the fourth entry is a prequel to the previous games), so I especially don't want to play them in a non-chronological order.

So it would be great if at least the third one could be purchasable on GOG. (The first two games are free on the developer's website, so it's not that bad if they don't make it here; but maybe as extras or it could be a package like Momodora I + II + III.)
Nice, I will pick it up.

Could we maybe get the freeware games (Momodora I + II) as a bonus?
catpower1980: Japan, what else? ^o^
It might look Japanese, but the developers are from Brazil. ;)
Impaler26: Neat release but why is <span class="bold">Momodora III</span> not available on GOG? :D

And if anyone wants to try the previous games - <span class="bold">Momodora I</span> and <span class="bold">Momodora II</span> are free.
I doubt they're interested in releasing a 2$ game :(

And oh, I just replied to bump your game links up ;)
PaterAlf: Could we maybe get the freeware games (Momodora I + II) as a bonus?
Maybe if the third one is released here.
Tyrrhia: Yay! It looks so cute!

But too bad the other Momodora aren't here, yet. I've read they were story-connected (apparently, the fourth entry is a prequel to the previous games), so I especially don't want to play them in a non-chronological order.

So it would be great if at least the third one could be purchasable on GOG. (The first two games are free on the developer's website, so it's not that bad if they don't make it here; but maybe as extras or it could be a package like Momodora I + II + III.)
Oh, they're connected?
I guess I'll wait until we get the third.
Does this game work in WINE?
Tyrrhia: But too bad the other Momodora aren't here, yet. I've read they were story-connected (apparently, the fourth entry is a prequel to the previous games), so I especially don't want to play them in a non-chronological order.
omega64: Oh, they're connected?
Well, so it says on the Steam Store page of the fourth game:
Message from the Developer
For this fourth Momodora game, which is a prequel to the previous games, the primary focus during development was to improve on the gameplay and art. The combat gameplay has truly evolved since the days of Momo III, and the character sprites are now bigger and better animated.
We also made an effort to include tiny details here and there, expand on the world lore, and create more exciting boss battles.
I believe this is the best Momodora game in the series and definitely the most polished one.
That's the only thing I know, though, as I haven't played any of them. In fact, I just discovered this series one or two days ago on the games-unofficially-confirmed-for-release thread. :P