It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gone in 60 seconds.

Minit is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
Fiddlesticks! Because of that stupid curse you picked up, you now only have 60 seconds at a time to perform your epic deeds. Use them well, as you wander the land meeting curious individuals, stumbling upon intriguing secrets and fighting evil foes. If you're smart, you might yet turn this "Groundhog minute" to your advantage and lift this minuscule affliction.

If you are looking for a randomly selected™ opinion on the game, spend a couple of lives to read John Walker's review on RockPaperShotgun.
Breja: I'm going to need help on this one. Clyde?
lol!
Vadalma: So, if I understand correctly:
- the gameplay is everytime 60 seconds/1 minute
- you random respawn on different locations
- instantdeath/roguelike

OK, so how do you progress in a game, that a session lasts 1 minute?
For anyone interested, this review is a little glowing at times but it outlines precisely the sort of game play you'll be getting and the mechanic(s) involved.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-minit-497030.phtml

To quote the review directly:

"That constraint -- knowing everything can't be accomplished immediately -- drives Minit's gameplay loop. Some attempts will be spent wandering and trying to piece together what's next; some will rely on execution after having already figured out how to proceed. It's all surprisingly low-stakes because there's the inherent safety net that a botched run will only take one minute to rectify."
HereForTheBeer: I invite some of the gOg staff or the developers to chime in on this game release. Based on the responses in this thread, some clarification and/or further input is in order.
While waiting, you can check out a review like this: https://www.destructoid.com/review-minit-497030.phtml It explains everything about the gameplay.
Sounds interesting; I might pick it up one day.
The Curation team must be having a field day today. £7 anyone for a flashback to the 70's?
Wasn't it GOG who declined lots of good games for being 'too niche'?

This one looks like it should be on itch.io. For free.

Or maybe it was just released two days too late and was supposed to be an April's Fools joke by the curation team?
Post edited April 03, 2018 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: Wasn't it GOG who declined lots of good games for being 'too niche'?

This one looks like it should be on itch.io. For free.

Or maybe it was just released two days too late and was supposed to be an April's Fools joke by the curation team?
I think Devolver Digital signed a special contract with Gog .
Breja: I'm going to need help on this one. Clyde?
I see your Clyde and raise you one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycZPTQgERk#t=0m21s.

https://images-1.gog.com/283e8f67873dd4c8511e80d9e277eb9a198b8adef1e323a18d847bfe756d4090.jpg

How appropriate! :D
Post edited April 03, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
Breja: I'm going to need help on this one.
No, no, no... What this needs is a silently-mouthed wtf from Blade. :P
Post edited April 03, 2018 by SeduceMePlz
Still waiting for that apology to Degica GOG.
Post edited April 03, 2018 by ReynardFox
The art is very clear and appealing for such low resolution black and white. A dash of color would be nice, but they did a good job keeping everything detailed without having it turn into a mess of indistinguishable pixels.

It doesn't sound very much like Half-Minute Hero. That game was primarily about finding the right order of checkpoints and items to extend the clock. This one looks closer to a couple of short Flash games where you rely on information gathered in the previous playthrough to do completely new things the following playthrough.
It DID get a 10 from Destructoid. Don't forget, graphics are not everything. But since gameplay seem to be the selling point in this one I really would like to try this in a demo before spending $10 for a minimized black and white cartoon.
ReynardFox: Still waiting for that apology to Degica GOG.
And after the apology, immediately bring Koihime Enbu to GOG please.
I find the art style intriguing. There are not even shades of gray. But despite it being just black and white I can tell everything very clearly apart. I've seen what feels like about twenty-five thousand minimalist games in my time on Newgrounds. Minit belongs here and not with them.

Also "Tamagotchi meets Majora's Mask". How could you not want that? I think we're looking at the new FEZ right now - but without Phil Fish. :)

If you'll excuse me, I'm off digging for reviews. But this one goes to my wishlist for sure.
Post edited April 03, 2018 by HeartsAndRainbows
It does look neat. i don't get this No tesselation? bah! people.
To my whislist as well.