It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trouble fits them like a glove.

<span class="bold">Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2</span>, Episode 1: Hero in Residence plunges Jesse and her band of unlikely heroes into a new series of outrageous adventures, now available DRM-Free on GOG.com.

A momentary slip-up. That's all it takes for the gang to abandon their comfortable lives as heroes of the land and reassemble to figure out the mess kicked off by Jesse unwittingly putting on an ancient gauntlet. Old pals, adventurous newcomers, and a whole lot of trouble await.

This gives you access to all 5 episodes of <span class="bold">Season Two</span>, as they become available.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 13, 2017 by maladr0Id
bump
low rated
More shovelware. Suppose we have had the one good game this year in F:NV.
Once again, i saw "Minecraft" in the title and for a split-second I thought it's the original sandbox game. Sadly, it isn't.
Post edited July 13, 2017 by Vythonaut
Great, now I just need to wait for the right moment to buy it. :)
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: More shovelware. Suppose we have had the one good game this year in F:NV.
Not happy with some ( most ? ) of the developments here at GOG either, but game releases are the one thing we can't really complain about. Either you're massively exaggerating or haven't really been paying attention.

Fallout, Oblivion, Dragon's Dogma, Night in the Woods, Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs, Yooka-Laylee, The Sexy Brutale, Nex Machina are all great games, and those are just the ones I can think of right now, without actually checking a release list. And there are more major releases coming later this year, such as ELEX, Hellblade or Battlechasers.

There's plenty of other things to complain about here, regarding the forum/ community, or GOGs crumbling "core principles", so pick something better. :P
Post edited July 13, 2017 by CharlesGrey
I audibly groaned. :$
Not for me. Again.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: More shovelware. Suppose we have had the one good game this year in F:NV.
CharlesGrey: Not happy with some ( most ? ) of the developments here at GOG either, but game releases are the one thing we can't really complain about. Either you're massively exaggerating or haven't really been paying attention.

Fallout, Oblivion, Dragon's Dogma, Night in the Woods, Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs, Yooka-Laylee, The Sexy Brutale, Nex Machina are all great games, and those are just the ones I can think of right now, without actually checking a release list. And there are more major releases coming later this year, such as ELEX, Hellblade or Battlechasers.

There's plenty of other things to complain about here, regarding the forum/ community, or GOGs crumbling "core principles", so pick something better. :P
Fallout/Oblivion (which is DRM free other than SI) - had it for years, no real interest there.
Dragons Dogma - yeah, forgot about that one.
Nex machina - well it hit my wishlist but thats all. As for the others you mention, expensive rubbish. Yooka-laylee even sells its manual separately, amd sure if some released a stream of games called con-you-out-of-moneyX (X is incremental), there would be streams of people queueing up to buy it. Much like this telltale shovelware, let bash out some interactive pictures with the latest big name slapped on it.

Its getting pretty hard to find anything Not to complain about these last year or two. Just rolling down the release list on the main page goes:
drivel
drivel
drivel
drivel
drivel
drivel
crap 0.001% sale
yay we added microtransactions dlc
graphics update for a game which doesn't need it
another level for an already overpriced game
drivel
promo on bad publisher
minor update to drivel game
drivel
interview
release of soundtrack and artbook cos we want to pay for game extras now
piss take article on how only galaxy users can now see updates
meh
wishlist item
pre-order a hugely expensive meh-ball

Need I go on?
Yeeah, nightcrawler kind of has a point, I guess, but then again how many "good" old games are there really left, at this point? I mean, I would love to see Blizzard's collection to appear on this site, but they have their own distribution store so seeing those games on here would be extremely unlikely. And let's be real, here, it's most likely not like gog is being lazy or something. They have, after all, released several EA and Star Wars games on here, right? The big problem is most likely just that the remaining "good" old games that are left are owned by assholish game companies/douchebag CEO type douchebags who would rather see their IP rot in limbo-land and make nothing from them rather than put them on this site and make something.
Regarding all that other stuff, as in the DLC and all that, yeah, that's pretty bullshitty, however. If it's substancial DLC then that's different and should be regarded as an expansion pack but small-time dlc which could definitely have been in the core game to begin with, yeah, that's pure bull.
CharlesGrey: Fallout, Oblivion, Dragon's Dogma, Night in the Woods, Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs, Yooka-Laylee, The Sexy Brutale, Nex Machina are all great games, and those are just the ones I can think of right now, without actually checking a release list.
And quite a few Activision-published classics.
GOG.com: Trouble fits them like a glove.

<span class="bold">Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2</span>, Episode 1: Hero in Residence plunges Jesse and her band of unlikely heroes into a new series of outrageous adventures, now available DRM-Free on GOG.com.

A momentary slip-up. That's all it takes for the gang to abandon their comfortable lives as heroes of the land and reassemble to figure out the mess kicked off by Jesse unwittingly putting on an ancient gauntlet. Old pals, adventurous newcomers, and a whole lot of trouble await.

This gives you access to all 5 episodes of <span class="bold">Season Two</span>, as they become available.

Watch the trailer.
Seems promising, I'll give it a shot. I like story-focused games!
caligero3000: Yeeah, nightcrawler kind of has a point, I guess, but then again how many "good" old games are there really left, at this point? I mean, I would love to see Blizzard's collection to appear on this site, but they have their own distribution store so seeing those games on here would be extremely unlikely. And let's be real, here, it's most likely not like gog is being lazy or something. They have, after all, released several EA and Star Wars games on here, right? The big problem is most likely just that the remaining "good" old games that are left are owned by assholish game companies/douchebag CEO type douchebags who would rather see their IP rot in limbo-land and make nothing from them rather than put them on this site and make something.
Regarding all that other stuff, as in the DLC and all that, yeah, that's pretty bullshitty, however. If it's substancial DLC then that's different and should be regarded as an expansion pack but small-time dlc which could definitely have been in the core game to begin with, yeah, that's pure bull.
"but then again how many "good" old games are there really left" - thousands. Just look at humble deals when they come out - this week its all the Total War games, none of which are here. Dead Island, Dying light the follow on is here, but not these, no reason. The list goes on and on, and there are many reasons why not, licensing, publishers wanting to charge more for releasing here etc.
nightcraw1er.488: "but then again how many "good" old games are there really left" - thousands. Just look at humble deals when they come out - this week its all the Total War games, none of which are here. Dead Island, Dying light the follow on is here, but not these, no reason. The list goes on and on, and there are many reasons why not, licensing, publishers wanting to charge more for releasing here etc.
The end result is pretty much the same, though. It's been clear for quite a while that GOG wouldn't be able to keep up its rate of releasing old classics that they had in the beginning, and I'm sure that was one of the main reasons behind ultimately dropping the "old" as a distinguishing feature and also officially focus on newer games. Most of the really big publishers and rights holders are here now, and at this point it's pretty obvious that any games those haven't released on GOG yet, or any publishers of classic games still missing from the site, are at least well aware of the site and probably have been talked to, so the reason why they're not here is that they currently simply don't want to be. There's not much GOG can do about that.

At this point it's down to the publishers, and ultimately the players to demand clean releases of games on GOG.com as opposed to the other, defective platforms, and telling them that some business practices won't fly. The problem is that this would mean not buying those inferior versions and overpriced add-ons, but as we all know, that's not what's happening. People gladly pay $150+ for a pre-order they know nothing about except for a famous franchise name and some concept art. A lot more if they get an exclusive virtual hat with it. Or as a concrete example, the GTA franchise is going down the drain, from cinematic storytelling to a never-ending series of overpriced, crappy 3D models designed by some inexperienced intern, yet it has never made even remotely as much money with the "real" titles as it's doing now. People are paying dozens of real-world dollars to buy a lovelessly slapped-together in-game house which doesn't offer any real features, and that I would have integrated into the game world better if they gave me half a day.

Publishers are simply following the money, and GOG's influence is only somewhere way down along that chain. But hey, if you're so disappointed in GOG releases, where else are all the great games coming out? Because I sure don't see a lot of them. With each passing month that I check new releases on Steam and GOG, I feel like Steam is flooded with increasing masses of worthless hobby projects and VR hype cash-ins, while the ratio of actually interesting new releases that also turn up on GOG.com is growing all the time. It seems to slowly become common knowledge for publishers that for any games speaking to an "old-school gamer taste", it makes a lot of sense to offer them on GOG.
Post edited July 14, 2017 by Anamon