It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Feeding Nemo.

Megaquarium is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 10% off until September 20th, 7 am UTC.

- Jerry, the octopus escaped again and it's blocking the ventilation system!
- Come on, Caitlyn, I told you visitors are not to feed the sea turtles. Please put up the sign first chance you get!

Yes, now this constantly tense aquarium manager can be YOU! Start small and once you learn how to swim in this complex tycoon biz, get to expanding: more exotic animals, better-trained staff, luxurious facilities, or perhaps a neat gift shop full of dolphin-shaped keychains. The life aquatic awaits!
That's a weird time for a release.

The game looks interesting and I have no doubt it is a solid game.
I've lost interest in business simulations many years ago so I won't be trying this.
Good idea though. I don't think I ever saw any similar setting in a game.
Intriguing. Will definitely keep an eye on it.
Oh, I bet my son would love this. Wishlisted for now, at least until we pay off some of these credit card charges.
Windows + Mac + Linux or just Windows + Mac ....

Gog, can you please make up your mind?
666_Vomit_666: Windows + Mac + Linux or just Windows + Mac ....

Yep,would like to know too!
I bought Universim because Linux was on the rotating banner and I refunded It because...no Linux to download on the download page /:

A bit sad to see Linux build on Steam for a lot of games and never here T_T
Post edited September 13, 2018 by Reglisse

It's Windows + Mac. Sadly no Linux support for Megaquarium.

elcook: It's Windows + Mac. Sadly no Linux support for Megaquarium.
Thanks for answering ^^
And...one more time time...No Linux *sad*
low rated
So, that would be the drop in quality that some people were talking about? I experienced it the last weeks as well.

Games like this get green light but games such as Tangledeep won't? Then there is the fact that a lot of classics and "good old games" are missing even though the wishlist is full of them. Why even have a wishlist when only curators matter?

No wonder that these people and many devs abandon Gog.
Well dang, now I'm torn... was gonna play that new hospital sim game but an aquarium sim sounds really nice too... if it was made by the Big Pahrma team it's most likely a decent game. Wishlisting it for now.
trusteft: That's a weird time for a release.

The game looks interesting and I have no doubt it is a solid game.
I've lost interest in business simulations many years ago so I won't be trying this.
Good idea though. I don't think I ever saw any similar setting in a game.
don't have anygame like this, its not a type of game i play, idea is good, graphics look good although i dont favor 3d graphics.
The game looks a little similar to hospital games, 2 point hospital is a game that could have been a 'relative' of this game.

Snacks & Stars! – Let's Play Two Point Hospital – Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzmANcYhck

Game rotates and can be turned like any sim/hospital game, you can add/place objects

Feedin' the Fishes! – Megaquarium Gameplay – Let's Play Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As1eMnb5Shs
-Nachtmahr-: So, that would be the drop in quality that some people were talking about? I experienced it the last weeks as well.

Games like this get green light but games such as Tangledeep won't? Then there is the fact that a lot of classics and "good old games" are missing even though the wishlist is full of them. Why even have a wishlist when only curators matter?

No wonder that these people and many devs abandon Gog.
game gets a good review (screenshot take today at 12:52)

check screenshot i made, i added the current number of reviews and pasted below the game info to show its about the Tangledeep game.

tangledeep.jpg
Attachments:
Post edited September 13, 2018 by gamesfreak64
high rated
-Nachtmahr-: Games like this get green light but games such as Tangledeep won't?
You mean this one? :-P
gog.com/game/tangledeep
high rated
Why can't GOG get Linux releases when they are available elsewhere? This is getting ridiculous. The ONE OS that should be priority for GOG would be the free, open OS that encompasses many of the same tenets GOG stands (well, stood) for. DRM-free and Linux should go together like peanut butter and jelly.

elcook: It's Windows + Mac. Sadly no Linux support for Megaquarium.
Why not? From what I can see at most achievements work through Steamworks.
paladin181: Why can't GOG get Linux releases when they are available elsewhere? This is getting ridiculous. The ONE OS that should be priority for GOG would be the free, open OS that encompasses many of the same tenets GOG stands (well, stood) for. DRM-free and Linux should go together like peanut butter and jelly.
I don't know if it's relevant for most of the games concerned but I read several articles / post from developers explaining that the port to Linux was simplified by the use of libraries provided by Valve and tied to Steam (by the way, a similar - although not totally identical - situation occurs for achievements, several development tools have libraries to simplify the implementation of Steam achievements but do not provide the same for GOG achievements). I don't have the technical knowledge (nor the will) to dig that deeper but, if correct, this could be a beginning of explanation of the reason why Linux builds are missing.

Regardless of that, GOG remains a business who has to earn money to pay their staff, their offices, hosting... So they should give priority to the OS providing them the biggest income. Based on the numbers I could find (but since sales statistics are a kept secret in the industry, it's hard to have a global picture), 5% of total sales could associated to Linux (probably even less). So, while I can understand your frustration, if these numbers are correct, there is no way a developer is gonna spend resources untying the Linux build from Valve libraries (if the above assumption is correct) and GOG on pushing Linux availability. It just does not make any sense business-wise.