It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Feeding Nemo.

Megaquarium is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 10% off until September 20th, 7 am UTC.

- Jerry, the octopus escaped again and it's blocking the ventilation system!
- Come on, Caitlyn, I told you visitors are not to feed the sea turtles. Please put up the sign first chance you get!

Yes, now this constantly tense aquarium manager can be YOU! Start small and once you learn how to swim in this complex tycoon biz, get to expanding: more exotic animals, better-trained staff, luxurious facilities, or perhaps a neat gift shop full of dolphin-shaped keychains. The life aquatic awaits!
I hope Linux will still show up at some point in the future, as I really like the fresh theme of this game!
why are all the good builder so damn expensive? :-(

Well I guess I answered my own question.
The shit builders are all cheap. :P
666_Vomit_666: Windows + Mac + Linux or just Windows + Mac ....

Gog, can you please make up your mind?
elcook: It's Windows + Mac. Sadly no Linux support for Megaquarium.
Why not?
Here's an oddity: a wishlist entry with 0 votes, and its last activity on our favourite date of Nov. 30, -1: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/megaquarium (It can be marked completed now.)

This game reminded me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theme_Aquarium -- one of the Bullfrog games that hasn't made it to GOG so far.

Edit: 8GB RAM minimum? Looking at the screenshots, I'm guessing they may just not have tested on anything lower.
Post edited September 13, 2018 by VanishedOne
tinyE: The shit builders are all cheap. :P
Have you tried Anno series? 1404 is my favourite and during sales get a hefty discount. Also, check out Banished if you haven't done it yet.
-Nachtmahr-: No wonder that these people and many devs abandon Gog.
When it comes to good old classic games, it isn't as easy to bring them here as you obviously think it is; sometimes legal issues get in the way (for example, good luck aquiring the rights to sell AvP 2 or NOLF), other times it's developers that don't want their whole back catalog to be released here because ...reasons.
paladin181: Why can't GOG get Linux releases when they are available elsewhere? This is getting ridiculous. The ONE OS that should be priority for GOG would be the free, open OS that encompasses many of the same tenets GOG stands (well, stood) for. DRM-free and Linux should go together like peanut butter and jelly.
cal74: I don't know if it's relevant for most of the games concerned but I read several articles / post from developers explaining that the port to Linux was simplified by the use of libraries provided by Valve and tied to Steam (by the way, a similar - although not totally identical - situation occurs for achievements, several development tools have libraries to simplify the implementation of Steam achievements but do not provide the same for GOG achievements). I don't have the technical knowledge (nor the will) to dig that deeper but, if correct, this could be a beginning of explanation of the reason why Linux builds are missing.

Regardless of that, GOG remains a business who has to earn money to pay their staff, their offices, hosting... So they should give priority to the OS providing them the biggest income. Based on the numbers I could find (but since sales statistics are a kept secret in the industry, it's hard to have a global picture), 5% of total sales could associated to Linux (probably even less). So, while I can understand your frustration, if these numbers are correct, there is no way a developer is gonna spend resources untying the Linux build from Valve libraries (if the above assumption is correct) and GOG on pushing Linux availability. It just does not make any sense business-wise.
Devs tying games to Steam is a problem for everyone but Steam, that's why they offer those services. It doesn't just affect Linux users, but it affects them the most.

Many Linux games on GOG have a limited feature set, no achievements, daily challenges or even no multiplayer. It's apparently not very hard to do since many devs do it.
And yes, that sucks, but it's a bullet we GOG Linux users are biting.
elcook: It's Windows + Mac. Sadly no Linux support for Megaquarium.
Come on . The game has a Linux / SteamOS version .
Is that hard to make a linux version of Gog Galaxy ? Why do you treat linux users as second class customers ? I bet Gog lost hundreds of sales ( and a bunch of developers ) because of not having a linux client .
Reglisse: I bought Universim because Linux was on the rotating banner and I refunded It because...no Linux to download on the download page /:

A bit sad to see Linux build on Steam for a lot of games and never here T_T
Once again, a disappointing release! :(
cal74: Regardless of that, GOG remains a business who has to earn money to pay their staff, their offices, hosting... So they should give priority to the OS providing them the biggest income. Based on the numbers I could find (but since sales statistics are a kept secret in the industry, it's hard to have a global picture), 5% of total sales could associated to Linux (probably even less). So, while I can understand your frustration, if these numbers are correct, there is no way a developer is gonna spend resources untying the Linux build from Valve libraries (if the above assumption is correct) and GOG on pushing Linux availability. It just does not make any sense business-wise.
Yet again, these are arguably some solid arguments, but going by the same logic they should apply as well to the macOS market (whose metallic future, by the way, seems considerably darker than that of Linux's). Yet there's Galaxy for macOS and no impediment for devs to release their games for this OS here.
Looks interesting, wishlisted for now
Just saw Splattercat play this game a couple of days ago.

Insta wishlisted!
666_Vomit_666: Windows + Mac + Linux or just Windows + Mac ....

Gog, can you please make up your mind?
Reglisse: Yep,would like to know too!
I bought Universim because Linux was on the rotating banner and I refunded It because...no Linux to download on the download page /:

A bit sad to see Linux build on Steam for a lot of games and never here T_T
And now it is only available for Windows ... maybe in another week this kind of support will vanish as well ... hell knows.
Post edited September 20, 2018 by 666_Vomit_666