It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Come and get your love!

<span class="bold">Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series</span>, a new adventure featuring everyone's favorite gang of not-exactly-heroes, is now premiering DRM-free on GOG.com.

A walking tree, a hulking berserker, a trigger-happy raccoon, a smooth assassin, and a wisecracking rogue; part-time heroes, full-time rascals, and occasionally each other's greatest enemies. Will the desire to possess an incredibly powerful relic tear them apart or force them to finally stand together?

Play Episode 1 today!

I am Groot.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
dudalb: If he wants the big new AAA games, he needs to go to Steam. Fact is, that game companies will not release their really big, expensive games,DRM free.
I think they would if GOG had a userbase comparable to Steam. However, with "everyone" already using Steam, there's not much money to be made here, so the biggest publishers don't want to bother (my assumption). I'm curious how many "AAA" games are DRM-free on Steam; didn't some, like Doom, recently remove Denuvo?

On the subject of SWAT 4, SWAT 2 and 3 were recently added to Steam, so I assume SWAT 4 will show up there soon.
Post edited April 19, 2017 by tfishell
Nice release but still waiting for Telltales Jurassic Park game!
nightcraw1er.488: Telltale - we keep re-skinning the same game with the latest craze file, because we can!

Still waiting for a single thing this year which isn't half finished, indie, re-re-re-release, "enhanced" or other shovelware. GOG are slowing dying in mass of low end garbage!
That is debatable. I think the issue more is that you love genres that gog isn't really interested in selling or they can't get the publishers to release here. I lost all my release expectations longtime ago. Its just not worth getting upset about it. You can expect to see similar indie games (mostly shovelware) be released since they cater to a very narrow crowd where they make money. Eveything else as much as I see it is a bonus.

Still I'm happy they managed to get Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom and early Delta Force games. Though oldies really are what they are best at and I'm thankfull for that.
Post edited April 19, 2017 by Matruchus
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Try not to be a total dick all your life and actually read the post.
Right back at you. Let me quote you again.
nightcraw1er.488: Still waiting for a single thing this year which isn't half finished, indie, re-re-re-release, "enhanced" or other shovelware. GOG are slowing dying in mass of low end garbage!
Emphasis mine.

Instead of posting more, I'll assume you are an intelligent person and can see our point.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Try not to be a total dick all your life and actually read the post.
JMich: Right back at you. Let me quote you again.
nightcraw1er.488: Still waiting for a single thing this year which isn't half finished, indie, re-re-re-release, "enhanced" or other shovelware. GOG are slowing dying in mass of low end garbage!
JMich: Emphasis mine.

Instead of posting more, I'll assume you are an intelligent person and can see our point.
Intelligent enough to know what the words mean in the sentence:
"Just for example, lets take what is on the main page:"
The clue is in the "Just for example" - as in I am not going to waste my time going back over every single example of the given period, but will just give an example, which is taken from the front page of the most recent releases.
JMich: Right back at you. Let me quote you again.

Emphasis mine.

nightcraw1er.488: Intelligent enough to know what the words mean in the sentence:
"Just for example, lets take what is on the main page:"
The clue is in the "Just for example" - as in I am not going to waste my time going back over every single example of the given period, but will just give an example, which is taken from the front page of the most recent releases.
By your logic Steam must be slowly dying as they release pretty much the same things these days only difference 75% more garbage on Steam
ofthenexus: So you're saying you liked gog before it was cool?

I'll see myself out.
nightcraw1er.488: Didn't know it was cool. Do know that there hasn't been anything of interest this year, or end of last year (other than delta force). There has however been a bug push towards all the bad things in the industry (drm cloud saves, clientware, ripoff re-releases, half finished software, crippled versions, broken promises etc. If that's cool, then yes, I did prefer it before it was cool.
I was trying to bring some levity. Sorry, I wasn't aware it was super cereal, or I would have kept my comment to myself.

I fail to understand how complaining about the platform in a game release thread hopes to accomplish anything. My wife is a big fan of the MCU and specifically GotG ( I think Pratt has something to do with that, but shhh). She's actually excited for this game. I'm part of the 1% that likes TTG games. So, it's a huge win for me. Likewise, I have minimal interest in Delta Force series, which was a win for you. We both gained, let's celebrate.
koima57: It is all right but still no Telltale Jurassic Park? :(
I played it and I wish I hadn't.

Senteria: And I am klein.

Together we are large and small.
jorlin: Great, but this joke can only be understood be those who can read Dutch.
German is close enough to get it.

(Wow, really? When I try to quote two things the second pushes the first into a black hole? Not cool, had to copy and paste.)
After watching the trailer I want to see this as an animated movie not play it as a game.
nightcraw1er.488: Didn't know it was cool. Do know that there hasn't been anything of interest this year, or end of last year (other than delta force). There has however been a bug push towards all the bad things in the industry (drm cloud saves, clientware, ripoff re-releases, half finished software, crippled versions, broken promises etc. If that's cool, then yes, I did prefer it before it was cool.
ofthenexus: I was trying to bring some levity. Sorry, I wasn't aware it was super cereal, or I would have kept my comment to myself.

I fail to understand how complaining about the platform in a game release thread hopes to accomplish anything. My wife is a big fan of the MCU and specifically GotG ( I think Pratt has something to do with that, but shhh). She's actually excited for this game. I'm part of the 1% that likes TTG games. So, it's a huge win for me. Likewise, I have minimal interest in Delta Force series, which was a win for you. We both gained, let's celebrate.
Yep, my apologies, went off a bit at you there.
dudalb: If he wants the big new AAA games, he needs to go to Steam. Fact is, that game companies will not release their really big, expensive games,DRM free.
tfishell: I think they would if GOG had a userbase comparable to Steam. However, with "everyone" already using Steam, there's not much money to be made here, so the biggest publishers don't want to bother (my assumption). I'm curious how many "AAA" games are DRM-free on Steam; didn't some, like Doom, recently remove Denuvo?

On the subject of SWAT 4, SWAT 2 and 3 were recently added to Steam, so I assume SWAT 4 will show up there soon.
It may not be comparable to Steam, but I think you underestimate the amount of money to be made and users on GOG. I saw a report last year in PC Gamer (No, I cannot find it now), which said GOG was second place for gaming platforms, behind Steam. I'll let you figure out which two trail GOG. ;-)
tfishell: On the subject of SWAT 4, SWAT 2 and 3 were recently added to Steam, so I assume SWAT 4 will show up there soon.
And not just the SWAT games, but also the Zork series, Spycraft, Call to Power 2 and the first Vampire the Masquerade.

"Why bother buying from GOG? It'll just become available on Steam", indeed. :P
Post edited April 20, 2017 by Grargar
tfishell: On the subject of SWAT 4, SWAT 2 and 3 were recently added to Steam, so I assume SWAT 4 will show up there soon.
Grargar: And not just the SWAT games, but also the Zork series, Spycraft, Call to Power 2 and the first Vampire the Masquerade.

"need swat 4 on steam i hope it comes it came to gog recently"

"I was about to buy it on ♥♥♥♥ing GoG"

But whatever... *GOG dies, cries self to sleep*

tfishell: I think they would if GOG had a userbase comparable to Steam. However, with "everyone" already using Steam, there's not much money to be made here, so the biggest publishers don't want to bother (my assumption). I'm curious how many "AAA" games are DRM-free on Steam; didn't some, like Doom, recently remove Denuvo?

rtwjunkie: It may not be comparable to Steam, but I think you underestimate the amount of money to be made and users on GOG. I saw a report last year in PC Gamer (No, I cannot find it now), which said GOG was second place for gaming platforms, behind Steam. I'll let you figure out which two trail GOG. ;-)
Well, last I knew, GOG has something like 5-10% of the PC gaming marketshare. (a general estimate) So, I mean, they do have a lot of users, but not all that many when when compared to Steam. Also, the most recent CDP report said something about GOG losing money this past fiscal quarter.

I'm not trying to sh*t on GOG, just trying to see the situation realistically. The whole point of Steam is convenience, a big part of which is having all your games in a single library, so it's hard for GOG to gain marketshare when most PC gamers want "all my games in one place", don't really care about DRM, and (still, despite GOG not being Good Old Games anymore) just use GOG for "old games that run on new machines" (and even then, why bother if the GOG versions will come to Steam later anyway?)
Post edited April 20, 2017 by tfishell
rtwjunkie: It may not be comparable to Steam, but I think you underestimate the amount of money to be made and users on GOG. I saw a report last year in PC Gamer (No, I cannot find it now), which said GOG was second place for gaming platforms, behind Steam. I'll let you figure out which two trail GOG. ;-)
tfishell: Well, last I knew, GOG has something like 5-10% of the PC gaming marketshare. (a general estimate) So, I mean, they do have a lot of users, but not all that many when when compared to Steam. Also, the most recent CDP report said something about GOG losing money this past fiscal quarter.

I'm not trying to sh*t on GOG, just trying to see the situation realistically. The whole point of Steam is convenience, a big part of which is having all your games in a single library, so it's hard for GOG to gain marketshare when most PC gamers want "all my games in one place", don't really care about DRM, and (still, despite GOG not being Good Old Games anymore) just use GOG for "old games that run on new machines" (and even then, why bother if the GOG versions will come to Steam later anyway?)
If memory serves they aren't losing money, they're just making less of a profit; their revenue has increased but their expenses have increased even more. This isn't necessarily bad, as they might have been making investments that they expect will pay of in the future.
Post edited April 20, 2017 by MightyPinecone
tfishell: ...
MightyPinecone: If memory serves they aren't losing money, they're just making less of a profit; their revenue has increased but their expenses have increased even more. This isn't necessarily bad, as they might have been making investments that they expect will pay of in the future.
You might be correct about that.
Grargar: And not just the SWAT games, but also the Zork series, Spycraft, Call to Power 2 and the first Vampire the Masquerade.

tfishell: "need swat 4 on steam i hope it comes it came to gog recently"

"I was about to buy it on ♥♥♥♥ing GoG"

But whatever... *GOG dies, cries self to sleep*

tfishell: Well, last I knew, GOG has something like 5-10% of the PC gaming marketshare. (a general estimate) So, I mean, they do have a lot of users, but not all that many when when compared to Steam. Also, the most recent CDP report said something about GOG losing money this past fiscal quarter.

LOL, then there is me. I actually will intentionally buy and play any game again on GOG that I had on Steam, just to have no DRM (I started that before Connect came around to make half of that not necessary) I think my game library is now as big on GOG as it is on Steam. GOG always wins for me.